Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2020, where are you and how is it going for you? Are you feeling down because you stalled out and/or gained a few pounds - you are not alone...ready my journey...

I had my gastric sleeve surgery on December 29, 2020. I had been consistently losing weight until about 3 months ago. I have been at a 3 month stall and even gained about 3 pounds. I saw my surgeon yesterday and was a bit ashamed because I had gained. It was totally my own fault. I had stopped drinking my Protein Shakes and my appetite seemed to ha e picked up as well. I had began to eat more foods and I believe that has had a huge impact. From there, I began some unhealthy snacking and craving foods that I used to eat and gave in to the temptation. I had been stressed from life and work. Been having back spasms and unmotivated to workout. Today, I will begin my Protein shakes again and get up and move!! I changed my life by getting surgery to lose the weight and I must regain my motivation back! With the new way of life due to the pandemic, it has been hard to get out as much. I am determined to break this horrible cycle I have fell into, I can do this and so can you!!!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Well I’m a November 2020 but I’ll weigh in- def getting harder to lose weight but I’m still slooooowly trucking along. I’m down over 160 lbs so still feeling great about life. I’m a normal weight (barely) which is crazy to think about. I still feel like an overweight person in my head.

My focus now is on really limiting Snacks and keeping my exercise up. I want to run a 5k next spring, and build body strength to where I can do a push up and a pull up. A singular of each would be fine. 😂

Like you, I try to keep focus on the huge change I committed to. I didn’t cut out most of my stomach in order to sit and snack all day. I just need to be reminded of that on occasion and get back on course.

Well done on getting back on track! It’s so challenging isn’t it to fight those old habits! I’m at goal now and down 115lbs - I am fighting myself mentally some days more than others but trying hard to keep my good workout and eating routine 🙂

Right here. Surgery at the beginning of December. I’m stuck in the low 190s. If I track everything I put in my mouth I will start losing again but it is hard. Also going through a slight burnt popcorn phase so I think I have some nutrition deficiency going on. I also noticed I have to keep my Protein slightly lower than what my surgeon wanted. So my daily goal in order to lose weight is 900-1000 cals with 70-90g of protein. I’ve turned into a grazer, hence needing to track, and tend to go over on the calories. We can do this! Tracking today! Thank you for the checkin.