Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello :) I'm 3 weeks post op sleeve revision to bypass. I don't feel any restriction and am able to get in all my Protein. On to pureed and yesterday I tried some pureed chili and have felt awful since. I am very nauseated. I don't think it's the chili anymore but perhaps I'm moving too quickly to pureed foods. With the sleeve, I could tell right away if I was full. With bypass, I'm not feeling restriction so it's difficult. I have been weighing and tracking everything. I'm hoping once I'm healed I will feel some restriction. I'm not getting in 64oz of Fluid and I'm wondering if this could be the issue. Why are we so dehydrated after WLS? UGH. I love bypass as I had complications with the sleeve right out of surgery. Is there anything I can do for this nausea? I have read some older posts that the 3 week mark tends to be like this but improves around 6 to 8 weeks. I hope so cause I feel pukey. TIA ❤️

My surgeon gave me ondansetron sublingual pills, and many refills. I didn't need it but it was nice having it available if I did. I needed it when I had my VSG but not for the revision. It worked within minutes back then. Perhaps you can give your team a call and see if they can give that to you. As far as restriction, I felt it as soon as I went to solids.

Tomo thank you :) I will inquire about this with my doc :)

Yes, I was also prescribed Ondansetron sublingual (brand name is Zofran). I only needed it the first few days (I had sleeve), but I was very glad to have it. Also, the chili might not have sat well. Good luck!

It won't help in the long term, but sniffing rubbing alcohol will help nausea subside immediately. It is weird, but it works!

I also was given ondansetron and took them the first two-three days. They also put a seasickness patch behind my right ear before surgery that lasted 72 hours. I believe you can buy them over the counter.

On 9/28/2021 at 10:13 AM, FutureSkyDiver said:

It won't help in the long term, but sniffing rubbing alcohol will help nausea subside immediately. It is weird, but it works!

I do this with the old-school high octane amber colored Listerine and it also works very well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• UniquelyMe28

I hit my stall ALREADY 🤷🏽‍♀️ been at 300 for almost a week. I’m not worried about it though, because I know that my body is healing. I’m not in a rush, I loss 30 pounds since surgery which was 3 weeks ago. I’m just going with the flow and staying positive. 😁
      · 1 reply
      1. kimdlawson06

It's very common. Give your body a chance to "catch up" with its new reality and the weight loss will start again. Hang in there, I know it can be frustrating!

• Meganator

First Orangetheory class back after surgery! #347 for me. Determined to take things easy- especially those ab exercises. Looking forward to hitting #350 this week.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • tcrehm

How do I delete my account on here?
      · 1 reply
      1. SleeverSk

Hi, I have been having a look around the site, I cant find anywhere that you can delete your account yourself, However in the rules it indicates that staff can delete accounts so maybe use the "contact us" tab at the very bottom of the page and ask for assistance there.

• UniquelyMe28

I loss 19 pounds my first 7 days post op 🙌🏽 (Water weight or real weight.. weight is weight to me.. I’ll take it lol) I make sure I keep my water with me 24.7 and I walk every chance I get. I cook dinner for my kids with no problems. I have zero cravings!  By next week I should be in the 200’s. Haven’t been there since high school 🥲
      · 2 replies
      1. MiaPie

I had my surgery 11/17 and hit 299 this morning! :) Rooting for you!

2. UniquelyMe28

Congrats I’m at 289 now. Its a wonderful feeling, right!?

• EricLB300BC

Well, starting day 2 after surgery. Felling hunger pains again this morning and nausea, no vomiting. I think the hunger pains are coming from my stomach and not my pouch. Think I will call their hotline and speak with them about it. It is not terribly bad but it is uncomfortable. I do not regret getting the surgery though. I expected some discomfort right after, I just didn't expect the hunger pains.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches