Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's not working for me

Wow, snowbird. You lost 72 lbs. That's great! I don't know if you're male or female, but 183 is my near my final goal of 180.

Hello fellow bandsters!! i GOT MY FIRST FILL ON jAN 2, i HAVE THE LARGE BAND AND IT WAS 10CC. I have no restriction at all. I am getting really frustrated because I haven't been able to eat small amounts because it does restrict. I called the doctor and they say it may take up to 4 weeks for a restriction. WHY SO LONG? shouldn't it work instantly? I am going back on Feb 24 for another fill, I am hoping it kicks in before I really want this to work.

But its really diffiucult with no restriction at all!! ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR ME would help!!

Wow, snowbird. You lost 72 lbs. That's great! I don't know if you're male or female, but 183 is my near my final goal of 180.

Thanks! Actually, I lost 65 pounds on an Atkins diet, kept it off for a couple years, then gained back 36. It was at that point I decided to get banded; I was still keeping pretty much to an Atkins diet, but still gaining weight and I knew soon I would be back up to my top weight, if not higher.

I was 226 in July when I started my pre-op diet, and as of today I'm down to 177, so I'm very happy with my band. Goal is 145, which I hope to reach by the end of this summer. However, i don't really set goals because as someone said, this is a journey of steps rather than a regular slope. I don't want to bum myself out if I am not hitting a goal I've set, yet still losing weight.

I'm a woman; sorry for crashing the guys' page! I check it out because my husband was banded the same day as me so I look at the guy stuff for him.

Good luck on your band journey. It's becoming a real turning point in life for me.

PS Gatorade has a new product called G2 that has half the sugar of the regular stuff!

Been trying hard and doing well. I do believe I need a fill. I will take care of that as soon as possible. Until then thanks for the support. I looked at all 70 pages of before and after pics and that was very encouraging.

Hey man, did you get your fill? That makes ALL the difference. Believe me, when you have a tight restriction, you won't be eating a hot dog bun.

I have found if I do not get enough protien, and H2O I just do not lose. Are you regular with your exercise? Maybe you should shake things up and do a different form of exercise? So sorry for the stall. Everyone goes through them. My doctor said that my band is a success if I lose 1-2 pounds ave. a week--You have had your band almost a year---52 x 1= 52 pounds should have been lost--:smile: Your ahead of schedule.

It is so hard to be patient with ourselves! It is good you are trying, but remember to give yourself a few pats on the back along the way for all you have accomplished!

You can do this!

Christie

Bigb

I think you need a kick in the butt.... If you like Cookies and can't say no to them then why do you buy them in the first place - go throw them away !!! If they aren't there you can't eat them - If you have proper restriction you wouldn't be able to eat huge amounts of food - for your tool to work you gotta maintain it.. You say you drink with meals - Why you are not suppose to and you know this Why did you get banded?? Did you think in the back of your mind that this was the magic cure to your food issues??

I too miss food - yes we all used it to cover up our feeling - even if is was just as simple as being bored to as complicated as being abused. We used food to sooth our feelings.

You and only you have control over what you put in your mouth - you say you didn't eat for 45 day - then once you could eat you cant stop..

Why didn't you eat for 45 day??? The band is the tool to help you retrain yourself - you must eat to live - I think you may have been looking at the band as something different than what it's designed for.

Don't wait for tomorrow to start over - start over the minute you know you ate something you shouldn't..

I agree you may need to find a new counsler - you are sabotaging yourself - Why - what are you afaird of ??? I chose this surgery to help me to live longer to see my grandkids marry. Yes at times it's hard but once you truely understand this is a LIFETIME LIFESTYLE change you will succeed - I eat healthy 98% of the time - go to the gym 4-5 days a week and do allow myself treats (not cheats but treats) but when i do I pay myself back - by exercising more or eating a little less at my next meal.

I truely do not mean to come off as a "B" but imho i think you need tough band love (operative word being love) - I won't baby you - i am going to tell you eat low fat - sugar few - healthy - Protein 1st - dont drink your Water until 1/2 hr after a meal Go talk to your doctor - get the help you need - don't just sit there feeling sorry for yourself - get up off your butt and fix it - you can do it- you just have to put your mind to it - you have the tool that will help you - now help yourself.

Best of luck to you...

Janet

wish you could move in with me, I need some tough love. I am pretty much the same as Bigb actually piling the weight back on. I am about to have my second fill, but I know that my habits are where I am failing. I have printed off your advice to Bigb and plan to read it at moments of weakness.

GreedyGaz

Janet

wish you could move in with me, I need some tough love. I am pretty much the same as Bigb actually piling the weight back on. I am about to have my second fill, but I know that my habits are where I am failing. I have printed off your advice to Bigb and plan to read it at moments of weakness.

GreedyGaz

GreedyGaz

I got a cousin in England I could send her to kick your butt... :cool:

But she most likely would said - let hit the pub and forget about our problems:rolleyes:

Your 2nd fill should help (hopefully) My 1st fill lasted about 2 weeks and my 2nd fill is still there but has loosed up a tad. If that 2nd fill isn't working then go get another one - but imho the 1st and foremost important thing is the brain work that we gotta do to over come our bad habits...

You stated "I know it's my habits" Just get the junk out of the house

You can do it - you just gotta do the work - nothing in life is free...

It is empowering to throw the crap in the trash - try it... Better in thee (rubbish pail) than in Me...

Thanks for the prop's and I don't think I knew I was in the men's room when I posted here :tongue:- I was just reading titles of threads. So sorry guys... You most likely have had enought of us females - that's why you have your own thread...:eek:

Janet gave some great advice. Get the junk out of the house. You won't lose eating it. Carbs tend to make me want more carbs, it's a wicked cycle. I think I'd stay clear of Gaterade even with half the calories. I'm very careful to limit liquid calories (tomato juice, diet cranberry, Water, etc).

I do best when I put what I'm going to eat on a small plate, eat it and then find something to keeps me busy for awhile. I try not to watch too much TV around meal time. The commercials provide a convenient a time to grab a snack.

You can do it! Good luck!

Bruce