Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sheesh - it's just not that difficult!

Ok this happened one too many times and I have to rant. Why don't people use cut and paste when forwarding jokes etc? I really hate opening a forwarded email of a forwarded email of a forwarded email and so forth; with the only text being "Note: forwarded message attached." before you hit the one with the detail. If you have to click through 17 of these, then freaking copy it before sending it on. I delete after one or two clicks because I don't have the patience for it.

What email etiquette (or lack of) things irk you???

Anything that says, "Forward this to all your friends, or else..." I don't do e-religion, either. Nothing bad will happen if you don't forward it, and nothing miraculous will happen within 24 hours if you do!

Anything that says, "Forward this to all your friends, or else..." I don't do e-religion, either. Nothing bad will happen if you don't forward it, and nothing miraculous will happen within 24 hours if you do!

Oh yeah - I detest those! What about the ones that say if you send to x number of people, your computer will do something spectacular at a specific time? I delete so many emails, that might actually be interesting if it weren't for the or else messages...

When people send me every stupid thing they get in their own mailbox. My sister actually sent me a long email about a dog that saved NO less than 2000 people in 9/11. A dog, all by himself. And she believed this!

When people send me things that are this stupid I now look it up at Snopes and send them a link showing them they are a dumbass.

When I dated a techie, he was able to exclude from my emails any sent from my aunt that had FW: in the subject. It was great...

I fell for an email sent for coupons for Whataburger. I printed them for my mom, and she went to claim one and they said it was a fake.

I shoulda snopes'd it!

I hate the lingo used. The SMS language.

OMG, u, r, etc...

I'm sorry that it's so inconvenient to type out english. If it's too hard to type out your native language, please feel free to stop. Oh, and if you could stop procreating, too, that would be great. Thaaaanks.

WABB,

I send links to snopes.com so much that now all my relatives send me crap just so they can find out if it's true. Heaven forbid that they would check out a story's veracity themselves before spreading it far and wide.

I had to laugh when I saw the latest rabidly religious email running around about the movie "The Golden Compass" contained an email link to snopes.com to show that everything they said about it was true--"just check out snopes.com to see." Irony, anyone?

I refuse to even open anything that has the word forward in the

topic line. I am tired of telling people not to forward things to me, so now I just delete them.

There is only one friend that has a very dry sense of humor like mine that only forwards things to me about once a year. I open those because I know if it came from her, it will be something worth reading.

I am with you Denise. I hate other people deciding what i need to read. I delete them all. I ask friends not to send me silly e-mails, but they do it anyway.Makes no sense, they know i delete them. Donna

I have gotten to the point that I just delete anything with FW: in the title because both my SIL's despite asking then telling them several times NOT to send me all their religious junk or the chain letters refuse to stop sending them to me.

I have even pointed out the hundreds of email address I could have gathered because they can't seem to understand what BCC: is for.. o.O

Now I will send them an occasional link to a website or a joke or important *REAL* News but the FW: Spam is really annoying.

Especially when you have to scroll down 8 pages of forwarded email header junk.

Ive been know to spam them back with the address of the snopes.com page telling that their warning was fake but I somehow doubt they pass it on to all their other friends.

its a major pet peeve of mine as well...

reading

>>>>>things like

>>>this

>>>>>>drives

>>>>>me bonkers!!!

and the snopes thing - i used to send the snopes link, but people just thought i was being a bitch so now i just delete.

its a major pet peeve of mine as well...

reading

>>>>>things like

>>>this

>>>>>>drives

>>>>>me bonkers!!!

and the snopes thing - i used to send the snopes link, but people just thought i was being a bitch so now i just delete.

>>>>I hate

>>>>>>>these

>>>>because

>>>>>>>it is so freaking hard to read

>>>>>and

>>>>>I have

>>>>>>>>to reformat

>>>>>to send

I love using snopes to prove people wrong. Everytime i get a bulletin on myspace I disprove it and send it back out again with the snope link. I think it is hilarious.

Huh I hadn't heard of snopes before, I will have to check that out. Another of my email pet peeves on forwards and stuff like that is... okay I don't mind the odd cute or funny forward perhaps some of the adorable animal pictures or funny short jokes, whatever. What does bug the heck out of me is... people who forward emails without deleting EVERYONE'S emails that it was previously sent to in the forward. Firstly, I don't need to see bagillions of random peoples email addresses before I get to see the content of the email and secondly, I don't want a 100 random other people seeing my email address as other people forward the email along without deleting.

So people - delete the email addresses from the last sender when you forward and DO THE WORLD A FAVOUR - USE BCC INSTEAD!!!