Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

'why go abroad'???

hi just had mine done with wga on the 19 feb 08 everything went well it cost £4950 and that includes 1 free fill and 2 appointments with the doctor, they were great so far i have no complaints.

Glad to have found some people who have had surgery with WGA . I have my consultation next week in London and then hopefully the op in June in Bromsgrove. Do you get a private room to yourself when in the hospital? What surgeons have done yours there, I have been booked with Martin Richardson but I know little about him. How is the weight loss going?? Look forward to your replies, as you can see I am very new to this forum stuff. Georgina

Hi,

I had my op with teh hospital group in bromsgrove. It cost me 7K and I have no complaints whatsoever. My care was superb. They also provide aftercare which is not provided with WGA and that is somethign that I particularly wanted. I actually wanted to have to go to Bromsgrove for an appoi ntment. So far I have had one face to face and one telephone appointment with them.

I have lost 25lbs with very little effort. It is slow and methodical but I am loving it. For the first time, I really think that this is something that is going to work for me. I have had one fill and am due another in a couple of weeks after I come back from holiday. I thin kI get one more free on after that and then have to pay for them.

I thought I would give another side of the story. I dont have any complaints.

I also had my surgery with WGA, and I ave had a terrific experience with them.I had my surgery at Bromsgrove and had a fantastic care, the nurses were very helpful and caring. Yes u get a room to urself, and you get very good care. I call anytime when I ave a problem. The nurses say I can call as much as I want even when I ave bn discharged from them, as most of them are WLS patients themselves so they understand. I read bout the bad press, bt sincerely, I avent had a single prob with them and i hpe I dnt. My surgeon was Shamsil El Hasani. I get my first fill on the 25th of June in kent

Your post has really re-assured me bbaby!!! Looking forward to my consultation now and meeting the surgeon who I have just been watching on Supersize Surgey!!

Your post has really re-assured me bbaby!!! Looking forward to my consultation now and meeting the surgeon who I have just been watching on Supersize Surgey!!

Am so happy to have reassured u. Do u have ur surgery at Bromsgrove as well?

Yes, have my consultation in Leeds then the sugery at Dolan Park, hopefully I will be able to find somewhere more local for the fills!! (hoping im not gonna need many, im terrified of needles!!!)

Hi Kerri

U get a fill with the package anyway. My surgeon put in fills for me already, cos i have some kind of restriction already. I think i just need one or two fills. I shld get to my sweetspot.

Good luck darling

had my op with the hospital group in bromsgrove. It cost me 8k and I have no complaints whatsoever. My care was superb.

I have lost 5st 7lbs in 12 mths with very little effort. .

I. I dont have any complaints.

Hi Kerri, I went with WGA and they were great, staff were lovely and friendly and like was said already said we could call anytime with questions etc.... I got banded on saturday and so far so good, i'm sore but the trapped wind is the worst bit.

when I was there i got very nervous but then once i checked into my own room and met some of the other 7 patients who were having the same proceedure done that day i realised how routinely this surgery was done there and how well practised which but my mine at rest. I had to be there for 7am and ended up being on the end of the list so had my surgery last at 4.30 but the day went quickly.

If you want to ask anymore questions about WGA please feel free to ask and if i know the answer i will try and help.

btw i'll be having all my fills in Cardiff which is a bit closer to home.

:)

Jules

xxx

Hi sbabes how are you feeling now? I have mine done at dolan park on the 20th of this month. bit nervous about it but really looking forward to getting the weight off.

I keep reading that the WGA package includes the first fill. I havent been offered that with them as part of my package.. it cost 4950 and i had my consultation in London. Has everyone that has had their surgery with WGA had their 1st fill done free..and was it done when you go and have the barium xray 4 weeks after surgery.

hope you are all doing well. Georgina

Hi georgina, I paid the same as you, and my first fill wasn't included either, tho if it is i'll be nicely surprised!

Try not to get yourself too wound up hun, it'll all go fine. I'm the worst person in the world for worring and i kept thinking i'm gonna back out but i didn't and stayed calm. Apart from being a bit sore and tender theres no real pain. I've had much worse toothache before now.

Actually surprised by how much it doesn't hurt.

I'm really looking forward to my weigh in on sat i'll be having a weekly weigh in at boots because i can print it out and keep a scrap book of my weight loss. I'm not expecting miracles especially because i haven't had any fills yet but I think i will have lost a little something, especially having been on this liquid diet. (which i hate, but its only for 2 wks. (9days left! lol)

Everything will go fine, and we'll all be pretty, slim & healthy before you know it!

Jules

:cursing: