Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today i have ate and ate and i’m not feeling full, i had an omlette for Breakfast, then a Protein Drink, some chicken and veg curry with wholemeal rice for lunch, a plum for a snack, then for tea i had cod with salad, then tonight iv had pineapple, a greek yogurt, and some cottage cheese but i still feel hungry, iv been drinking fluids incase i’m just thirsty but it’s not, i know it must be all in my head, but i’m just not getting that full feeling. Any advice please.

21 minutes ago, CLC1981 said:

Today i have ate and ate and i’m not feeling full, i had an omlette for Breakfast, then a Protein Drink, some chicken and veg curry with wholemeal rice for lunch, a plum for a snack, then for tea i had cod with salad, then tonight iv had pineapple, a greek yogurt, and some cottage cheese but i still feel hungry, iv been drinking fluids incase i’m just thirsty but it’s not, i know it must be all in my head, but i’m just not getting that full feeling. Any advice please.

How many months out are you? I am 9 and if I ate all that you did I would be sick. I still have a hard time eating. Maybe what your eating isn't satisfying your taste buds? I was a huge chocolate lover before the surgery, and ate it every day. Now when I get a craving, I eat a very small handful of dark chocolate chips and it satisfies me, and my craving goes away.

44 minutes ago, CLC1981 said:

...but i still feel hungry... i know it must be all in my head, but i’m just not getting that full feeling.

Is it that you're actually feeling hungry? Or just that you're not feeling full? Those really are two different things. You might not feel "full" in the way you did before surgery because your tummy has been re-routed and your diet radically changed. But that doesn't mean you're hungry. I've seen many vets on here tell people not to chase the full feeling but instead to just eat until satisfied (no longer hungry). Could it just be that you are used to feeling "full" after you eat and it's different now?

I had my surgery in january, so nearly 5 months. i would normally feel ill if i ate that much, but i’m not feeling satisfied today it’s strange, after iv ate something i’m still feeling hungry like i need more food. Usually i could only eat half my omlette and i keep the rest for lunch but after i ate the half i was still hungry so ate the rest, i thought i would of felt ill after it but i was fine.

Earlier this year I had a day when I truely felt ravenous. I was craving processed carbs - bread specifically which I don’t eat anymore. It was weird. Took me most of the day before I realised it was just like my old pre menstrual craving day. A couple of days before my period I would often be hungry & nothing would satisfy except lots of bread. But I’m menopausal, haven’t menstruated for years & haven’t had the craving for that long either but it was the exact same feeling. Weird. The next day I was fine. Hormones can powerfully drive a lot of our desires. May not be what’s happening to you but you never know.

Thank you, makes sense i went through early menopause at 33 and havnt had a period since then but i get the headaches and everything else as i used to before i was due my period so it probably could be that why i’m eating more. My hormones are all over the place as i have a pituarity and hypothalamus condition and they don’t work properly. See what today brings. thanks everyone. x

I occasionally have what I call a “hungry day.” I eat all day on those days. Typically they happen a day or two after a big exercise day, but they very well may be related to hormonal shifts. I have had a partial hysterectomy (no uterus, kept ovaries), so I have no idea where I am at in my “cycle” at any time. As long as this is just happening infrequently to you, and you don’t get sick/have pain from overeating, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Sometimes our bodies just need extra. I still lost all my excess weight. I would be concerned unless it becomes a regular/frequent occurrence. 💕

1 hour ago, WishMeSmaller said:

I occasionally have what I call a “hungry day.” I eat all day on those days. Typically they happen a day or two after a big exercise day, but they very well may be related to hormonal shifts. I have had a partial hysterectomy (no uterus, kept ovaries), so I have no idea where I am at in my “cycle” at any time. As long as this is just happening infrequently to you, and you don’t get sick/have pain from overeating, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Sometimes our bodies just need extra. I still lost all my excess weight. I would be concerned unless it becomes a regular/frequent occurrence. 💕

I call these "munchie" days, LOL. Interestingly, they often happen right before I drop a couple of pounds (even when I eat a little more that day).