Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update On Me (Surgery: 5/19/21)

I'm sorry you haven't met your goal yet. But you're not "the odd one". It's actually more common NOT to get to a normal weight after weight loss surgery. People just tend to not talk about it. Losing as much weight as you have is really great and really important for your health.

Congratulations on your success!

11 minutes ago, lizonaplane said:

I'm sorry you haven't met your goal yet. But you're not "the odd one". It's actually more common NOT to get to a normal weight after weight loss surgery. People just tend to not talk about it. Losing as much weight as you have is really great and really important for your health.

Congratulations on your success!

Thanks. Yeah, my husband asked me the other day if I thought having the surgery was still worth it. In a sulk I told him I wasn't sure and maybe not. At the time he asked me (I was already in a rant about not losing) I was just feeling so tired of always having to log every bite I take (in hopes of figuring out what the hell is wrong with me), constantly thinking about stuff I'm about to eat.......even when it's good healthy foods and healthy carbs, worrying what it will or won't do to me/how my body will react, going out on a date with him and not being able to eat and drink normally......having to either eat first or drink first and then having to sit there for so long to do the other either way, etc.

But then on Sunday he took me kayaking for the first time in my life!!! I had always been afraid to do so due to my weight. I loved it so much. All the way there I worried and wondered if I looked small enough now to NOT be questioned about my weight before renting one. He asked if I was excited and I was like, not yet, then expressed those fears. But once we got there we rented them without me even getting a second glance from the guy renting them and we had a blast!

Then afterwards I noted how I was also dressed in all black (t-shirt and leggins) and how that day it was sunny and 83* and not once did I sweat, get hot, out of breath, flush, get tired, winded, NOTHING!!! So then I thought YES, YES it was still worth me getting the surgery even if I never lose another pound.

I have the same feelings. Every day eating is painful and frustrating, but I can fit in a size 10!!! So, I go back and forth with whether I'm happy I did it.

2 minutes ago, SummerTimeGirl said:

Thanks. Yeah, my husband asked me the other day if I thought having the surgery was still worth it. In a sulk I told him I wasn't sure and maybe not. At the time he asked me (I was already in a rant about not losing) I was just feeling so tired of always having to log every bite I take (in hopes of figuring out what the hell is wrong with me), constantly thinking about stuff I'm about to eat.......even when it's good healthy foods and healthy carbs, worrying what it will or won't do to me/how my body will react, going out on a date with him and not being able to eat and drink normally......having to either eat first or drink first and then having to sit there for so long to do the other either way, etc.

But then on Sunday he took me kayaking for the first time in my life!!! I had always been afraid to do so due to my weight. I loved it so much. All the way there I worried and wondered if I looked small enough now to NOT be questioned about my weight before renting one. He asked if I was excited and I was like, not yet, then expressed those fears. But once we got there we rented them without me even getting a second glance from the guy renting them and we had a blast!

Then afterwards I noted how I was also dressed in all black (t-shirt and leggins) and how that day it was sunny and 83* and not once did I sweat, get hot, out of breath, flush, get tired, winded, NOTHING!!! So then I thought YES, YES it was still worth me getting the surgery even if I never lose another pound.

YAY for you! You made me smile! WAY TO GO!!! :1007_hearts:

2 minutes ago, lizonaplane said:

I have the same feelings. Every day eating is painful and frustrating, but I can fit in a size 10!!! So, I go back and forth with whether I'm happy I did it.

I have been lucky with the fact that I have NOT had issues eating at all. I also haven't had any sort of aversion to any foods. My frustration with it all comes with the fact that even way before surgery foods that normal dieting people would eat like brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole grains, fruits, stuff like that, would stall me or make me gain weight. I expressed those fears to the nutritionist before surgery and now after. But she keeps suggesting I add and have those things in my diet and that there is no reason why I shouldn't.

I guess I'm just trapped in my old bad ways of thinking and my bad habit of trying to omit them and it gets to my mind at times. I'm always like, it must be nice to be normal and not have to think of every morsel of food you're about to put into your mouth. Or worry over it and how it's gonna make you stall, not lose, gain, etc.

My long stall also has me wondering if my PCOS and IR may still be causing me issues when it comes to my hormones and inability to lose due to it. I've been looking into supplements for it but have yet to bite the bullet. The one that seems to come highly recommended by many docs is kind of expensive but I hear great things about it. I am wondering if that coupled with the Rybelsus will help get my hormones and stuff in check IF that is or may be what's stalling me?

UPDATE:

It's been a while since I've been on and posted so I figured I'd so so quick.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has changed for me!!! Still stuck at 235-ish (and have been since the end of last Oct) and can't seem to lose anymore no matter what the hell I do!! I did start Rybelsus a few months ago and made it through a month of the 3mg dose and a month through the 7mg does. Then, when my doc put me on the final dose of 14mg a few weeks ago, my insurance suddenly decided it was no longer gonna cover it!! Not sure why the allowed the other doses/months and not the new one. Doc and I are trying to appeal it (cause it costs about $1300 out of pocket a month without insurance and has no generic). Their one reason was that I was NOT a uncontrolled Type 2 Diabetic. They also said I needed to be in a weigh loss program or seeing a weight loss doctor in order to have it approved for weight loss reasons. I asked my family doc if my surgeon qualifies as that and so he sent him a messaged asking the same thing. Just wondering if it is a matter of the surgeon prescribing it vs. my family doc. Who knows.

Anyway, just waiting on hearing back about that. Not even sure that will help me either. Don't know what else to do and just trying to accept the fact that I most likely will be at this weight forever. Which SUCKS!!! I wanted to get down to at least 180.

I'm swimming damn near 4 hours every day or walking for at least an hour and of course depending on who, doc wise, I speak to they each have something different to say. Walk less, walk more, walk slow, walk fast, do weights, don't do weights......UUUUUgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh! I've tried it all. Upped Water, lowered water, ate more Protein, ate less protein, ate more food, ate less food, just don't know what else to do so pretty much just been living my life doing whatever.

Haven't been logging my food for months but not doing anything really different food wise than I was when I was logging. Just wondered if being so strict and regimented was maybe causing the stall so I stopped but I guess that wasn't the case either.

Anyway, that's that.