Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where to start

Hey everyone! I am just going into week 4.

I must say I am hungry a lot lord than expected! I drink plenty of Water but I’m never satisfied in the evenings

what is a typical normal day for you?
do you have treats at the weekend?

i feel stressed I am having up to 800 kcal already

let me know if I am being silly or what ideas you have and ideas of what to eat!

Thank you!!!

Daniella

35 minutes ago, DD87 said:

Hey everyone! I am just going into week 4.

I must say I am hungry a lot lord than expected! I drink plenty of Water but I’m never satisfied in the evenings

what is a typical normal day for you?
do you have treats at the weekend?

i feel stressed I am having up to 800 kcal already

let me know if I am being silly or what ideas you have and ideas of what to eat!

Thank you!!!

Daniella

I don't know your stats but 800 calories a day doesn't seem too high to me. Unless you're really tiny and inactive, you should be able to lose on that amount.

I mostly eat mini-meals throughout the day. I start eating at about 6 AM when I have coffee before work and I eat every 2-3 hours or so until about 6-7 PM (like maybe 6 AM, 8 AM, 11 AM, 2 PM, 5 PM and 6-7 PM). I'm naturally more hungry in the daytime and not so much at night, so I don't usually need to eat at night.

It looks something like this:

1. 6 AM: Morning latte (made with Kitu Super coffee, 10g or Protein and no sugar)

2. 8 AM: 1 scrambled egg

3. 10 AM: Yogurt

4. 12 PM: 1 chicken thigh

5. 2 PM: sugar-free pudding

6. 4 PM: lunch meat wrap made with Mission Carb Balance tortilla

8. 6-7 PM (Nighttime snack): cheese stick

When I was still losing, I restricted carbs but not calories, so if I had a hungry day I might eat a little more or conversely I might have a low appetite day and eat less. I ate around 800 calories a day from 6 months through about 18 months, so I guess that's why it doesn't seem excessive to me.

I did not have weekend treats while I was losing (although I did have special-occasion treats, like Christmas and my birthday). The more often you eat on-plan, the faster your weight loss, but you get to decide the balance between losing weight and enjoying life. Just be alert to how things affect you, so you can adjust if there is a problem.

That’s very helpful thank you! I am only on week 4 though so I think maybe it’s too much? I am hungry though most of the day. I love the Soups but they don’t fill me up! I am just worried as cravings feel out of control at the moment

Tomorrow marks two weeks since my surgery, and I am struggling too. I knew I wasn't going to come out of surgery thin, but I somehow feel disappointed and down. I graduate to pureed food tomorrow, and I plan to go to Overeaters Anonymous. Hoping those changes get me out of this funk I'm in.

On 5/18/2021 at 2:27 PM, Jaelzion said:

I don't know your stats but 800 calories a day doesn't seem too high to me. Unless you're really tiny and inactive, you should be able to lose on that amount.

I mostly eat mini-meals throughout the day. I start eating at about 6 AM when I have coffee before work and I eat every 2-3 hours or so until about 6-7 PM (like maybe 6 AM, 8 AM, 11 AM, 2 PM, 5 PM and 6-7 PM). I'm naturally more hungry in the daytime and not so much at night, so I don't usually need to eat at night.

It looks something like this:

1. 6 AM: Morning latte (made with Kitu Super coffee, 10g or Protein and no sugar)

2. 8 AM: 1 scrambled egg

3. 10 AM: Yogurt

4. 12 PM: 1 chicken thigh

5. 2 PM: sugar-free pudding

6. 4 PM: lunch meat wrap made with Mission Carb Balance tortilla

8. 6-7 PM (Nighttime snack): cheese stick

When I was still losing, I restricted carbs but not calories, so if I had a hungry day I might eat a little more or conversely I might have a low appetite day and eat less. I ate around 800 calories a day from 6 months through about 18 months, so I guess that's why it doesn't seem excessive to me.

I did not have weekend treats while I was losing (although I did have special-occasion treats, like Christmas and my birthday). The more often you eat on-plan, the faster your weight loss, but you get to decide the balance between losing weight and enjoying life. Just be alert to how things affect you, so you can adjust if there is a problem.

I am not seeing any vegetables in here. I love eating vegetables and fruits and I'd be very sad if I stopped eating veggies and fruits long term. I see that you are two years out from surgery. Is there a reason you are not eating produce? Thanks!

3 hours ago, lizonaplane said:

I am not seeing any vegetables in here. I love eating vegetables and fruits and I'd be very sad if I stopped eating veggies and fruits long term. I see that you are two years out from surgery. Is there a reason you are not eating produce? Thanks!

I do have fruit pretty regularly but not much in the way of veggies. It's hard for me to meet my Protein goals and still fit veggies in. We're told to eat protein first, then veggies and when I get done with the protein, I'm pretty much stuffed.

Hi,

I am going into week 4 also. My doctor required a full liquid diet for 4 weeks post -op (and 2 weeks pre-op). I am doing well and my only advice to you would be to increase Protein when hunger hits. I have been drinking 1/3 to 1/2 Protein Shake when hunger hits, I must say that I am surprised that I am hungry at all, post-op, but I am. Not starving, but definately hungry. I didn't think that would happen anymore. Either way, we have made a life changing decision to get healthy. I am starting soft Proteins tomorrow... a bit nervous. But excited. You got this!

On 5/18/2021 at 3:59 PM, BethAnn Folmar said:

Tomorrow marks two weeks since my surgery, and I am struggling too. I knew I wasn't going to come out of surgery thin, but I somehow feel disappointed and down. I graduate to pureed food tomorrow, and I plan to go to Overeaters Anonymous. Hoping those changes get me out of this funk I'm in.

Not to discourage you but the surgery does not fix all things and especially not our heads. I find myself having new funks. My surgeon actually prescribed some very mild anti-anxiety stuff and said some funk was expected. The hormonal and other biological changes are quite extreme and it's something all of us have to work with. For what it's worth... 6 months after I find my self with higher highs and even some lows I can't quite wrap my head around. It seems that some if not a lot of long term successful folks have approached this both mentally and physically. None of us want to go back to a life and the prison of obesity. That being said.... I feel like I need to work on my head at this time.