Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After years of fascination with weight loss surgery, I have finally come to a place where I'm going to go through with it. I know I'm ready because each day the desire in me grows greater and the fears are minimal.

What has always happened to me before is that I would read and read and read all the great success stories, but inevitably there would be something that would deter me; tales of surgery complications, or descriptions of how little they were eating, and there's always the story of someone for whom the surgery didn't work, or worked too well and now they can't keep the weight on, etc. At that point I would think, I could never go through that!

A couple of weeks ago I had some big realizations and suddenly everything clicked for me and there's been no turning back. Nothing I am reading is deterring me. I think that the Lap Band really is a great option for weight loss.

A little about me: I'm 35 years old. I have three children who are the light of my life. I have a loving and supportive husband. I have been heavy much of my life, but only MO for the last 7 years. I run a daycare in my home.

I live in super-rural Kansas, so I will be traveling 3 hours to Denver, Colorado to have this surgery. My initial appointment is next Wednesday. I was even able to schedule the nutritionist and hopefully the psychiatrist on that same day. I have the feeling that this will go quicker than I had first thought. I'm thinking that Spring Break will be a good time to do this. (Unless, of course, the process goes even faster than that.) We'll have to see.

I've really enjoyed reading on this forum and look forward to getting to know you great people.

Melissa

Hey Shiny! Welcome to the club! This is the start of the rest of your life, and it is going to look up, I promise! Best decision I EVER made for myself. Would do it a thousand times over. Just wish I could've done it 15 years ago.

Hello. I'm chiming in here in the introductions thread as Shinyhappymommy's husband.

Does anyone have any advice for me as her support? What have you all as patients appreciated most from your significant others during this surgery journey?

Is there a thread about husbands/supporters?

Melissa, it sounds like you are in a really good place right now. Congrats on making the committment to be banded. You will love it! Good luck.

Welcome, You and I are on the same page the more I research the more I learn that the Lap Band is the right surgery for me.

We're getting ready tonight to travel to Denver tomorrow for that first visit. I'm nervous and excited. I really want this first surgeon I visit to be the right one for me to use. I want it to work out and I want to get on the road to getting banded. I'll let you know how it goes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches