Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgeries - check in!

Im hoping to see that soon though!!

15 minutes ago, smilelaura said:

It’s a prepackaged shakes/food. Its supposed to decrease liver fat. It’s high in Protein and low calorie. I am having around 600 calories and about 77g of Protein daily. Supposed to lose around a pound a day. I’m not seeing that. 🤷‍♀️

That's crazy I am on day 7 and lost 13lbs in my first week. Most of the stuff doesn't taste the greatest. I have been sticking with just the chocolate beverage and the caramel cocoa bars

So I had surgery 5/18 and I the next day they had me start purred foods! I’m excited to be feeling so good because I’m trying to make sure I get all my Protein and Vitamins (I was really scared about losing a lot of hair). Fortunately, I’ve been doing pretty good I’m proud of myself. Only real pain I’ve felt besides the gases was the bumpy ride home, omg I felt like my insides were churning, it was excruciating. I haven’t even weighed myself yet, I want to wait at least a full week before I do.

Hey everyone. So I had surgery yesterday and I’m home tonight. I’m having a problem with laying down, I end up having so much gas discomfort and nausea that I have to sit up to burp frequently. Anyone else having this issue? It’s really uncomfortable and I’m concerned. I hate nausea. I also took zofran a few hours ago, I just took Prevacid that they prescribed.

8 hours ago, smilelaura said:

That’s great!!! I am drinking 3 shakes, 2 Protein Bars and a dinner. Is that what you are doing? The chocolate drink is the best! The chicken noodle Soup was gross! Lol 😂

I am just allowed 3 shakes and 1 Protein Bar. The chocolate one is the best. It just taste lake liquid chocolate pudding which is nice. I had some Tomato and cheddar broccoli Soup but traded them in for my chocolate shakes since they were much easier to handle. Outside of that I am allowed to have broth so I get the broth from wonton soup from my Chinese takeout place and have that instead. It is definitely better than any of the Soups from New Direction.

@luckykelley Hope you feel better soon!
@dwells We will make it! One day at a time.. I agree the chocolate drink is the best. 😊

8 hours ago, RobOwens1979 said:

Had gastric sleeve surgery on 5/11/21. Down about 24lbs since surgery date! Ready to move away from liquid diet! 4 more days until puréed food! Lol

I had an RNY on the same date and am only 5lb down. 😞

I'm actually craving pureed foods and can't wait! I need variation from everything being either milky or chemically sweet (the thought of broth turns my pouch, LOL.)

Hi everyone, had my surgery yesterday and it went extremely well. Some gas pain but walking definitely helps! Incision pain is minimal and im sipping Water and broth with no problem! Im very happy overall, i hope to go home today.

Did anyone else go home same day as their surgery? My surgery is next Friday (5/28) and was told I will be going home the same day about 6 to 7hrs after I hit the recovery room. Wasnt sure if anyone else did this too

28 minutes ago, dwells6192 said:

Did anyone else go home same day as their surgery? My surgery is next Friday (5/28) and was told I will be going home the same day about 6 to 7hrs after I hit the recovery room. Wasnt sure if anyone else did this too

I also had out patient surgery 5/10, I was heading home at 3pm and ready to go. Just get up and start walking when they ask you too and take sips of Water. I only took pain meds for 3 days and slept a lot, by day 4 I felt much better. I'm looking forward to getting on pureed foods on Monday 5/24.

13 minutes ago, Jmk77379 said:

I also had out patient surgery 5/10, I was heading home at 3pm and ready to go. Just get up and start walking when they ask you too and take sips of Water. I only took pain meds for 3 days and slept a lot, by day 4 I felt much better. I'm looking forward to getting on pureed foods on Monday 5/24.

Hi there! I had my surgery on 5/10 but went to Mexico. There they had me in the hospital for 2 days and then I convalesced at a hotel (resort, actually) for another 2 days - staffed with nurses - before flying home. By the time I needed to board the plane, I was feeling pretty great. Looking back I can't imagine this surgery being outpatient but I am so glad it worked out for you!

I can't wait for pureed foods either! Right now I am drinking Protein Shakes, Decaf herbal tea and Tomato Soup. Sometimes I'll have a SF pudding, Jello or popsicle. I just bought an air fryer and a bariatric air fryer cookbook. I am so ready to move on to actual FOOD! Healthier and smaller portions, of course. :D

How are your incisions doing? Last night I decided to leave the bandages off of all of them except the drain tube hole as that one needs a little more TLC. But they have all scabbed over. No redness, just a little itchy around the incisions.

9 minutes ago, ShanIAmVA said:

Hi there! I had my surgery on 5/10 but went to Mexico. There they had me in the hospital for 2 days and then I convalesced at a hotel (resort, actually) for another 2 days - staffed with nurses - before flying home. By the time I needed to board the plane, I was feeling pretty great. Looking back I can't imagine this surgery being outpatient but I am so glad it worked out for you!

I can't wait for pureed foods either! Right now I am drinking Protein Shakes, Decaf herbal tea and Tomato Soup. Sometimes I'll have a SF pudding, Jello or popsicle. I just bought an air fryer and a bariatric air fryer cookbook. I am so ready to move on to actual FOOD! Healthier and smaller portions, of course. :D

How are your incisions doing? Last night I decided to leave the bandages off of all of them except the drain tube hole as that one needs a little more TLC. But they have all scabbed over. No redness, just a little itchy around the incisions.

No issues with incisions, all healing nicely, I didn't have a drain tube. My biggest issue was the shaved hair on my belly going back itching, I guess this isn't an issue for the ladies.

8 hours ago, LuckyKelleyK said:

Hey everyone. So I had surgery yesterday and I’m home tonight. I’m having a problem with laying down, I end up having so much gas discomfort and nausea that I have to sit up to burp frequently. Anyone else having this issue? It’s really uncomfortable and I’m concerned. I hate nausea. I also took zofran a few hours ago, I just took Prevacid that they prescribed.

Hi. I'm glad your surgery went well. As for laying down with pain and burping, yes I had that too. I found that propping a few pillows so I had my head and shoulders elevated quite a bit helped. I wouldn't drink anything two hours before bed. Even the Protein Drinks give me heartburn. I put a heating pad on low up higher to soothe (so it wasn't around my incisions.) Also I would take gas ex. It wasn't perfect but helped. Everyday the pain and discomfort seemed to gradually go away. I'm sleeping with no discomfort now. It's only been a week since my surgery.