Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so i’m officially one month post op.

im seeing my surgeon for my first follow up tomorrow, but i can’t stop seem to stop focusing on how much weight i haven’t lost this month.

pre op i lost 20kg (44 pounds) but post op i’ve only lost 6kg (14 pounds) in a month.

does anyone else who had a slow first month have any tips? i’m feeling so disheartened.

❤️

Sounds extremely normal to me. Would help if we knew your weight stats.

4 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

Sounds extremely normal to me. Would help if we knew your weight stats.

sorry! i’m new to this!

so i was at 183kg (403pounds) before preop, 164kg (361 pounds) on the day of my sleeve and i’ve fluctuated between there and 158kg since my surgery.

im 5”10, if that offers any other assistance?

thank you for saying it sounds normal though, i need that

The first month has the infamous 3 week stall averaged in....and it can ruin your average. Next month will be better. Don't panic. Stick to your program.

2 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

The first month has the infamous 3 week stall averaged in....and it can ruin your average. Next month will be better. Don't panic. Stick to your program.

Thank you!

I think I'm mostly panicked because I've been stalled for three weeks, rather than just in week three 😓

Thank you!
I think I'm mostly panicked because I've been stalled for three weeks, rather than just in week three [emoji29]
I am only 9 days post-op and I've lost about 20 lb but I'm not happy with myself losing so much because I feel like I'm starving myself but I'm not most definitely I wish you luck and many more pounds lost hun

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, aubreyj said:

Thank you!

I think I'm mostly panicked because I've been stalled for three weeks, rather than just in week three 😓

I've just come through a 3 week stall..it isn't fun! At surgery 119 kg First 2 week Post op 116 .. by 6 weeks it was 112 kg then a stall

Of 3 weeks so frustrating ( it was only the fact that clothes were getting looser that stopped me having a melt down!!)

Weigh in yesterday 111kg

So hopefully??!

I wonder how much age is a factor ( I'm 66) plus I loss about 15 kg in the year prior to surgery)

Just trying to plod on and stay sane ( or sane-ish!)

Good luck