Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Surgery Buddy

I’m scheduled for 4/8. Would love a support buddy going through pre-op liquid diet and surgery around the same time for support :)

I’m scheduled for 4/8. Would love a support buddy going through pre-op liquid diet and surgery around the same time for support :)
My sleeve surgery scheduled for 4/8 also! What kind of surgery are you having (sleeve, bypass, duoswitch). I haven't started any pre-op diet yet, I go to my drs on 4/1 to get those instructions. What about you?

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Surgery twins! I’m having RNY bypass, how about you? Today is day 1 of my 3 week pre-op liquid diet.

I was originally going to do the sleeve but I was recently diagnosed with Acid Reflux so my surgeon suggested the bypass to avoid any issues with it down the road. I’m both really excited and nervous!

liquid diet consists of 100 oz. of Water, Protein Shakes, broth, sugar free popsicles/jello, sugar free beverages and 2 cups of green non starchy veggies each day. Going to try to keep myself as busy as possible, 3 weeks of this sounds so daunting lol

I haven’t really stocked up for post surgery yet because I hear your taste can change. I bought GENEPRO flavorless Protein power and chewable vitamins to be prepared. Going to try the same things for the week of liquid post op and then for purées I’ll Introduce a new food at a time to see how I do. Hoping I can do Greek yogurt, ricotta bake, tuna salad, chicken salad, cottage cheese, cream of chicken Soup.

So far I’m liking the Premier Protein shakes!

I think you will probably get a better outcome with the bypass, I believe that you lose more weight vs. The sleeve! Oh wow, That definitely sounds daunting! You can do it though!!! I think I'll have the same plan as you....to stay super busy!! It's gonna be hard but, we got it!
That's an awesome idea, I might start trying things now...I've been hearing about the Bone Broth and tbh it scares me! Lol. I'll need to try it soon but, ughhh. Let me know if you find items that you like, I'll have to try them out! Yes!! The premier shakes are really good! I've been drinking them for Breakfast. What is ricotta bake?! Sound good! What brand of Vitamins did you buy? chewable sounds better! My doctor hasn't given and recommendation yet or anything.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I just had some broth for lunch! It was weird at first but not too bad lol. I bought organic chicken stock from costco and added just a little of Better than Bouillon to it and it made it very palatable!

I heard about the ricotta bake on one of the FB groups. It’s basically just ricotta cheese and sauce. Sounds good!
Here’s a link to a recipe:

https://bariatricbits.com/single-serve-baked-ricotta/

I have to do 3 weeks of chewable or liquid vitamins after surgery. No gummies. I got most of them on Amazon. Flinstones Multivitamin, bluebonnet chewable Calcium & d3. And Kirkland dissolvable B12.

It’s going! Lol Day 4 down. It’s mentally challenging more than anything. With all of the Protein Shakes I can’t say I’m overly hungry or anything but I do miss chewing. Jello and chewing ice pops have been helping a little with that.

Today was a little challenging because I cooked dinner for my family. The first 3 days my husband took over and I avoided being in the room with them while they ate lol

I was getting a little sick of the Premier Protein shakes after 3 days so I switched it up today and had the fairlife shakes. They’re really good! Also liking Gatorade Zero. 17 days to go!

I just had laparoscopic gastric bypass last Wednesday. liquids have been going very well. I just cannot figure out when I will know I am full.

How are you feeling? I’m wondering about that as well. I’ve read some people sneeze or hiccup when they are full.

It’s more just discomfort at this point. No nausea or vomiting. Walking around and doing the breathing exercises. I’ve hiccuped a few times. That’s a bit unpleasant. It’s been 4 days and finally had 2 small bowel movements. Yeah I was originally concerned cause I haven’t done that and shown a low grade fever. Those seem to be gone as it sit around 98.5ish

Nice! Maybe we could do a group chat or a fb group so we can support each other along the way! Not sure if we can do that on this forum, I’m new to it so I don’t know all of the features.

Are you excited? Just over 2 weeks to go :)