Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did you have to wait for your initial consult?

Mine was less than two weeks. Maybe they have a cancellation list that could get you in sooner. Or another doctor at the practice??

Edited by ShoppGirl

6 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Mine was less than two weeks. Maybe they have a cancellation list that could get you in sooner. Or another doctor at the practice??

Less than 2 weeks? That's impressive! I'm on the waitlist and have my ringer on maximum in case they call. Fingers crossed. I have been thinking about another program. When I researched, there are two locally that I really liked. I have plenty of time to do it, so maybe it is worth it to see if I can get an earlier appointment.

1 hour ago, christyran1228 said:

10 days, but it's a televisit. That seems kind of a weird way to meet a surgeon/doctor I've never met before but we'll see.

10 days isn't too long of a wait. I would agree that televisits seem strange for the first time meet. I would need at least one in-person visit to feel comfortable before surgery.

On 3/9/2021 at 5:03 PM, DoodlesMom said:

I finished all BCBS insurance preauthorization for the bariatric program on 2/25/2021. When I called the next day to schedule my initial consult, the soonest available was May 20th, 2021. It feels like an agonizingly long wait. I'm wondering how long everyone had to wait for their initial consult?

I have great news! I'm scheduled next week for my initial consult. 😁 Someone canceled and I was on the waitlist. I'm so grateful for the sooner date. So, I went from about an 83-day wait to about 34 days--a little over a month. Yay!

Thanks, lizonaplane for the reminder about waitlists. 👍

3 hours ago, christyran1228 said:

10 days, but it's a televisit. That seems kind of a weird way to meet a surgeon/doctor I've never met before but we'll see.

I wonder how they get your height and weight. Maybe because of COVID they can just ask you what it is??

Edited by ShoppGirl

On 3/9/2021 at 5:03 PM, DoodlesMom said:

I finished all BCBS insurance preauthorization for the bariatric program on 2/25/2021. When I called the next day to schedule my initial consult, the soonest available was May 20th, 2021. It feels like an agonizingly long wait. I'm wondering how long everyone had to wait for their initial consult?

I had to wait 5 months called in May was scheduled October 1st 2020.

I just started this journey and on 3/31 was my first appointment with the nurses and the next day on 4-1 I met with my surgeon and we set a date for my endoscopy procedure on 4-13 so mine is moving fast after that I’ll get my surgery date so I think every office is different depending on how many people they see.

It was two weeks from seminar and completing the paper work to my consult appointment

4 minutes ago, sadiesoul65 said:

I had to wait a few months, only because my former insurance didn’t cover it so I had to wait until Medicare kicked in. I turned 65 on Friday, my appointment was Monday.

Thanks for sharing Sadiesoul65, I hope your appointment went well.

Edited by DoodlesMom