Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone get really wrinkled saggy skin under chin on neck? If so, do you just deal with it? Does it bother you? Do you use anything that helps the skin tighten? My doc wants $600 for a ultrasonic thing to tighten the skin and I’m considering. Thanks for your response.

yes - and I'm considering getting a neck lift/lower facelift. In fact, I have a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon next week. I had my whole body done a couple of years ago, so now I feel like I have a 20-year-old body (OK....maybe 30 or 40) with an 80-year-old face!

Edited by catwoman7

@catwoman7 Hey! I have a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon in 2 weeks!!! Its was sort of a what-the-hell appointment-making just to see if i produce interest. I have a derma-fillers consult next week which I am more leaning towards (cuz my history of poor scar healing kinda puts me off on doing any further surgery on my face)...we shall see.

Omg @ms.sss let me know how it goes!! I have kinda lines around my mouth area now since losing
Since I just did a big $$surgery$$ prob not having anymore PS anytime soon. Curious how long those Derma fillers last...what do they use...so exciting. Can’t wait to follow you on this!!

3 hours ago, ms.sss said:

@catwoman7 Hey! I have a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon in 2 weeks!!! Its was sort of a what-the-hell appointment-making just to see if i produce interest. I have a derma-fillers consult next week which I am more leaning towards (cuz my history of poor scar healing kinda puts me off on doing any further surgery on my face)...we shall see.

yea I'm kind of just going to see what he says - and how I react to it, too. I'm not 100% convinced I want to do this, but it never hurts to see what they say. My wrinkles and saggy neck kinda do drive me crazy, but I'm in my 60s, too, so... Although people used to always say I looked really young for my age. No more. Now I get offered senior discounts without asking.

I am only 6 months out, and I have it big time. It makes me look like an old lady. I am only 51. It looks like chicken neck. I hate it. I won't be able to do surgery for at least 6 more months, if I decide to do it at all.

I loath my chicken neck/waddle. I will probably end up having some work done on it and my face, but first my body gets some attention. Wearing a face mask actually makes me feel more confident, since it covers the worst of the sagging in my lower face and neck. Still, I wouldn’t trade my improved health and body for less saggy skin.

So excited for you, @catwoman7 and @ms.sss! Please keep us posted!

Thanks all! I’m 39 but look way older now. I was sleeved in 2012 and had acid reflux and weight gain w it. So they did bypass to fix the acid which I love but I dropped so fast in 2 months. Had my bypass 11/2 and I’m 5’3 176. Goal is 150 and then I get my PS. I went yesterday to the cosmetic n laser np. She said not a big deal but to me man it’s really really saggy and bad. I’ve never had it before and it bothers me more than anything. I guess too, I’ll take being healthier over tight skin nice neck lol it’s just hard seeing it

56 minutes ago, Christina760 said:

I’ve never had it before and it bothers me more than anything.

Yep, when I was younger and thinner I had a non-issue neck.

Then I gained weight and I suppose any aging/slackening of the skin in that area was camouflaged by the excess fat.

Fast forward to after weight loss and my neck was actually the first thing (after an arm lift) that I realllllllyyyyyy wanted to get done. Didn't end up getting it done as it didn't bother me as much after a while, but now I think it looks odd. Its not so very flappy nor droopy (but it is definitely NOT firm), and I have these weird vertical lines of skin that makes it look like I have a giant hole in my neck (see 1st pic below), and it gets more prominent when I'm smiling. Weird.

Depending on your age/genes/amount of weight lost, the degree of sag will vary. You won't really know how your neck will fare until you get to your desired weight. Of course there is always face/neck lifts. I've also recently read that botox is injectable into the neck muscles (I didn't know this!) that results in a firming look. Will be asking about this at my consult next week. See second pic below of a before/after pic I lifted from a random site.

So there is hope...(I hope!)

P.S. I'm 50 this year.

IMG_5221.jpg.e4bc7554e6398a18e076be8db4a9a259.jpg

1417641313_ScreenShot2021-03-06at8_24_08PM.png.c286798448e50761a60dcfe887550f9a.png

Edited by ms.sss

Thank you for replying! please keep us posted after your appt!

Friend, I too have saggy skin on my neck. I have done some massages recommended by my friend. Still, I have no changes. Then she has recommended doing Botox treatment.

But, I was in a confusion which treatment to opt for. I also consider facelift treatment.

Anyway, I am in search of this.

I have been getting botox and fillers for years (I’m 40). I’m two weeks post op and already have a plan! Lower face lift, microneedling, veneers (fresh white teeth help with the youthful look), and skin tightening on my neck if needed. As someone who is hyper-focused on skincare, no cream will tighten skin. Go for a laser treatment…put your money to good use! Good luck!