Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all February Bandsters!

olgi- Im sorry about the set back. But I think your doing the right thing. Healing is important, at this stage I think more important than the scales. We can both really really focus on our weight loss soon

thanks for the encouragement. I REALLY need it right now...

I've been good w/the calorie intake...not good enough w/the Protein intake. I've been way under and I need to help the healing process & curb this voracios hunger that peeks its ugly head once in a while.

What powders does anyone recommend and why?

...there are SOOOOO many in the market. I just dont want to buy this tub of Protein and have it go to waste because it makes me gag....please help me w/some suggestions.:lol:

What powders does anyone recommend and why?

...there are SOOOOO many in the market. I just dont want to buy this tub of Protein and have it go to waste because it makes me gag....please help me w/some suggestions.:lol:

Hey olgi,

I personally use 100% whey. I buy it at Wal Mart. It comes in chocolate and vanilla. There may be other flavors, but I haven't seen them. I had a hard time getting the shakes down at first, then someone told me I could use sugar free syrups. I use the chocolate powder in the blender with ice, fat free milk, and a little Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup. Sometimes I add a small spoonful of reduced fat Peanut Butter. Sometimes you have to get creative!

When I don't have time to make those, I use the ready made Atkins or EAS shakes.< /p>

Edited by tskelli

i have not even had one little burp since my operation.

That's crazy! I am constantly burping! Especially after I eat...

Anyway, checking in... 5 weeks post and down 18 pounds since surgery date.

Everyone is doing so darn well - and if this is what it takes to be a BIG LOSER then I'm all for it!! :lol:

I got my first fill yesterday (3cc in a 5 cc band). I begged the surgeon to NOT EVEN think of being conservative & told him of my situation these last two weeks. I even GAINED 2 lbs. He gave me a good fill, some encouragement & made me sit in the office 30 min drinking Water to make sure it stayed dowm.

All went well.

I was full the rest of the day with sips of water & chicken broth. Hope the restriction remains, I'm obviously weak without it!

I asked the nurse who does the fills to be aggressive with my first fill. After the fill, I was restricted, but the restriction and gone away somewhat. I still remain where I was before I was filled. I'm looking forward to my 2nd fill, where hopefully I can become full on less food!

I had my 2nd fill today. It was a bit of a bummer. The nurse practitioner dug around for a while. Then she took forever giving the fill! She could not withdraw any Fluid from the band. After poking around in ther about 7 times I told her she just needed to stop or I was going to throw up. Then she wanted me to sit up but I told her I just needed to lay there for a while. She said she thought she got some in.:sad: I guess she did because I am not hungry today. I think I felt it go in.

Later my doc called and lectured me on only losing 1/2 pound. I have been eating wrong. I know it of course. I'm just having trouble. I know it is only a tool! Anyway he said if I wasn't going to lose then we needed to remove it so I did't damagemy stomach. Also, he wants to check my port. The tubing my be kinked or the port may be bad. Oh joy.:crying: Anyway, that has been my fun for the day.:thumbup: Yuck.

Hi Taz,

Wow, that is a bummer. First of all, what have you been eating? Do you feel any restriction at all?

Secondly, while I'm not really losing, I'm not gaining either. I've only had one fill and I do feel some restriction, but obviously, not enough. Why does your doctor think you're going to damage your stomach because you've only lost 1/2 lb. since your last fill? That seems pretty extreme to me. I've read a lot of bandsters say that they didn't really start losing until they got to their "sweet spot," in terms of their fills.

If you'd like a "weight loss," partner, I'm certainly willing. Are you exercising at all?

b.

Hi, Bonniep. Thanks for the response. I did pretty well after my first fill 2 weeks ago but it wore off about a week ago. I haven't done too well after that. Really I was able to eat anything again. Like most people say not as much as before surgery. Still, I lost and then gained it back. Phooey! I have had restriction today after my fill. Yea!

I think my doc feels I will cause my band to slip or erode. I have never PB'd or had pain from eating. Except right after surgery I have never felt tight.

I would love a weight-loss buddy. I do walk 2-3 miles about 4 times a week. I enjoy it and have been going to the same park for 10 years. I started after I hurt my back. Doing the strength training is not so successful. Thanks.

Tina

I am sure you will find your sweet spot, don't be discouraged.

Wow, I wish I could get into walking...I am trying, but incorporating new things into my schedule has always been difficult for me.

congrats on the walking. You have an exercise you enjoy thats awesome.:huh2:

I am sure you will find your sweet spot, don't be discouraged.

Wow, I wish I could get into walking...I am trying, but incorporating new things into my schedule has always been difficult for me.

congrats on the walking. You have an exercise you enjoy thats awesome.;)

Ready, I had the hardest time getting into a routine. I just happened to get into it a few years ago. It was right after I was diagnosed with hypertension and I was told exercise can help with this.

You have to start slow and with "baby-steps". I started with maybe 15 mins of walking as fast as I could, which to me now is quite slow. There is nothing wrong with that. The only thing wrong would be NOT doing it (if you certainly can of course). I see though you have already begun, which is great!

It takes awhile to get so into your groove that you just don't feel right "not" doing it. It took me at least six months to get to that point. Then your body starts to let you know when you need to pick up the pace, by not losing or even gaining even though you are constantly doing your routine. Also, if I don't work out for more than a few days, or I'm not working out at a good pace I notice my body gets or feels kind of jittery. Almost described like restless leg syndrome or something. It's a good place to be for myself. It keeps me true to my routine.

I wish you the best!

At the park where I go we have a variety of people. Diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, hurt backs, weight loss, and people who just like to exercise. (You can tell I'm during the time older people are there.) :redface: The thing I enjoy is seeing people who have been coming for years. One friend does 12-15 miles a day. She lost 60 lbs many years ago and she really moves every mile. She is 72. I guess I like the people. Maybe over time you could find people to join in with. Our lap is one mile so we run into each other a lot. I walk slow so I tell them I get to visit with everyone when they pass me.:biggrin2: