Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey, i live in PA about 2 hours from NYC. Ive heard great things about Christine Ren, so ive been considering her for my fills (I got banded like 8 hrs away) If you've been banded for filled by her please give me some insight... i just wanted to know your expirences with her...

thanks!!

She is my doctor for my upcoming surgery, but heard that she doesn't do the fills herself, someone else in the office does. I was planning on asking those questions when I go into the office next time.

She is my doctor for my upcoming surgery, but heard that she doesn't do the fills herself, someone else in the office does. I was planning on asking those questions when I go into the office next time.

Sorry that isn't true. Dr Ren did my last fill. Dr Fielding my doctor was in surgery. Some don't want to wait for the doctor's to do a fill or unfill. Gasper (NP)and Ann(AP) are excellent as well.

Sorry I just had to stop false rumors.....

spunky

Cool thanks, because there were people complaining in the waiting room about that when I went for my surgical consultation. Since they don't return phone calls lately anyway, its good to hear from someone who has been there.

Chrisann the process for the band takes longer than losing the weight it seems. My insurance company made me jump through hoops before they paid for the band. However, waiting made me process my lifestyle changes.Anything good is worth waiting for.....

The NYU office is packed for a reason.......they are wonderful. NYers don't have any patients. They walk in and want to be taken immediately. If they know you only want your doctor they will try to honor it.....but you just might like some of the others as well. Gasper and Ann also have the band and can be very helpful with any questions. Tami also is great, she has the band but doesn't do fills.

When is your next appointment? I'll be there this tues at 4:30

good luck

spunky

I was not due in there for a sit down until the end of the month. My surgery was originally scheduled for Jan. 21, but I receivd a call from them yesterday saying it had to be moved because the hospital doesn't want surgeries on that day. I need to have it on that day or earlier in January. so now I am going to try to get in there to sit down with Nilsa and Dr. Ren and try to move it up in January. When I was there for my surgical consultation it was packed with people on all different stages and the fill people were upset they had to wait.

I was originally scheduled for January 7, (told that over the phone) then changed to January 21, and then yesterday the call the change would be to the 25th. It can't be then. My parents are in town until January 28, because they were going to be with me for the surgery and afterwards, and my job gets crazy again after January 28. So, needless to say, if something can't be done, I may not be having it there after all.

Chrisann the doctors will be out of the country for christmas. It's not their fault if the hospital changed the date. Hang in there the surgery is well worth it.

Happy Holidays

spunky

Surgery is moved to December 31, Dr. Ren will be here, but then thats it until when she was supposed to operate on me January 21. Nothing is available with her if I didn't take that date.

So thanks, because I am going to need all the good luck to go through the liquid diet during the most stressful holiday time of the year.

Chrisann...I know the timing of things YUCK, but think of this as a Christmas gift. Your heading for a new life and a new body. Next year you will be so thrilled with yourself. At least Dr. Ren was able to squeeze you in before your parents went home.

Happy Holidays

spunky

I was not due in there for a sit down until the end of the month. My surgery was originally scheduled for Jan. 21, but I receivd a call from them yesterday saying it had to be moved because the hospital doesn't want surgeries on that day. I need to have it on that day or earlier in January. so now I am going to try to get in there to sit down with Nilsa and Dr. Ren and try to move it up in January. When I was there for my surgical consultation it was packed with people on all different stages and the fill people were upset they had to wait.

I was originally scheduled for January 7, (told that over the phone) then changed to January 21, and then yesterday the call the change would be to the 25th. It can't be then. My parents are in town until January 28, because they were going to be with me for the surgery and afterwards, and my job gets crazy again after January 28. So, needless to say, if something can't be done, I may not be having it there after all.

Hi Chrisann. I too was scheduled for January 21. The reason it was changed to January 25 is because 1/21 is Martin Luther King holiday and I guess a lot of the staff will not be in that day. What I'm really worried about is the fact that my insurance papers have NOT yet been sent in to my insur company. This really puts me under the wire; I need to request days off after 1/25, but can't do anything until I know that insurance is paying for it. And if they don't, then I have to request I think a hearing and how long does that take? Sorry I'm venting, but I've thought about having the surgery for 2 years and finally decided and I feel as if I'm getting the run around. Has your insurance been taken care of yet?

Not really, but I am the Benefits Administrator at my company and have a direct rep at Oxford, that I deal with directly because of the size of our account. He told me that I will be approved as soon at the hospital submits the papers. He keeps checking for me.

Good luck with your efforts. :)

Chris Ren and George Fielding are both awesome.

They are superstars amongst band surgeons.

They both publish their results and have contributed many great things to the knowledge of band surgery in the U.S.

I admire them greatly. I would consider myself lucky to be a patient of theirs.