Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2021 bypassers?

Yes! I must have got scheduled much earlier than most.... I have been patiently waiting for this thread to finally come alive. Yaaay! My date is 2/22!!

Started my Pre-op diet today. 3 shakes and 2 frozen dinners (300 calories or less with at least 15 grams of protein) each day and then all liquid the day before. I made it through week one last time and my surgery got canceled b/c of the rising # of COVID cases. I'm hopeful that I won't get postponed again! Wishing you all good luck!!

I am scheduled for Feb 10. It’s been crazy fast. I met with the surgeon online for the first time Tuesday and my surgery is in two weeks so I ate my last solid food for 5 weeks yesterday and start my 2 week liquid pre surgery diet today.

Hi, I started my pre op diet today, it’s amazing how much I thought about food.. My gastric bypass surgery is scheduled for Feb 11th. I’m a 62 year old male 5’10” @320lbs.

I'm scheduled for the 3rd so I'm 5 days away. The pre op part has not been fun but I'm managing. I had no idea how much food was a focus in my life so now I'm freaking out a little, wondering how I can possibly stick to the plan after. I'm just trying to remember that WLS is a tool to help and lean on that. Good luck all!

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome @conniejoy529, @LOLove, @mwd and @raebo1979 !! So glad you posted on this board. Good luck to each of you on your upcoming surgeries! So close for all of you! I hope that you will come back and tell us about how it is going afterwards!

I don't know about all of you, but I am becoming overly obsessed with everything WLS connected lately AND having major negative "what if" thoughts. Hoping that as my date comes closer, that these thoughts will lessen. I don't start my pre-op diet until 2/8...so I am still in the 'hurry up and wait' phase.

Would love to hear how each of you are doing as we go forward! Good luck everyone!

It’s funny you should say “what if” because that is exactly how I am feeling this morning. I don’t want to be sick after or worse or look bad after (lol) ... so many thoughts running through my head . But I know I can’t live like this anymore - my knees and hip hurt me everyday and this surgery will help relieve the pain that I’m having and help me to do more exercise and give me some life back so I’m going to do it even if I have these what his thoughts the day off.
Good luck to all of you on your journey. Can’t Wait to hear all of your updates as well.

Yes! Ditto! I can't live like this anymore either (knees, feet, you name it!) We just need to stay positive and know that so many more opportunities will open when we are not imprisoned in our current bodies! I just really need to stop watching youtube videos, I think! I am obsessing too much!! Fear of the unknown...

I'm feeling the same way! I've lost about 10 pounds on the pre-op diet and it has me second-guessing myself; maybe this time I could do it on my own.....But how many times have I been here....too many to count! 10 days til surgery!

I see some folk pre-op diet is for a week, mine is 2 weeks, today is day 2. WTH. Is my Dr. just sadistic., he also said no caffeine for 2weeks before surgery and 4 weeks after. I paid my Dr fee today so no turning back.

I’m on day two of two week all liquid diet and I feel like I’m starving - lol and I have to cook for the family and watch them eat - I really don’t want to sit with them at the table and watch so I’m messaging you all at the table Lol

Edited by LOLove

I'm not really sure why some doctors do 1 week vs 2 weeks but it seems to vary. Today has been a bit better so far. broth with unflavored Protein Powder for Breakfast and a coffee flavored shake for lunch. They told me to limit caffeine and very minimum sugar (if any). Now that it is the weekend I'm trying to decide if wine counts as a liquid since I can't have any alcohol for 6 months after[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app