Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2021 bypassers?

How is everyone this weekend. Anyone having trouble staying motivated to exercise. Any tips or suggestions? My tip that I'm having trouble with. I was at a wellness retreat for three weeks. The trainer gave me a very simple total body workout 4 exercises in a circuit 4 sets with 1 min rest between sets

10-20 push exercise( push up or shoulder press)

10-20 pull exercise( some kind of back row pull ups)

10_20 ab exercise( twist or crunch)

10-20 leg (squats or step back lunge)

1 min rest repeat

It only takes 10-15 minutes gets some strength and some some cardio all in one.

I use the weight machines and free weights. I try to mix push and pull so. End it up with a little cardio. I love it.

UPDATE:

🥳MY STALL HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY BROKEN!!! 🥳

I miraculously lost 3 pounds over the course of three days and the ounces are on a steady decline as well (so far no regain).

Things that changed:

I had a sudden uptick in activity this week and walked a combined 10 hours (NYC baaaaby).

I upped my Protein (though hardly at goal of 64 grams).

I ate considerably more food at regular times.

and...

I didn't weigh myself until today 😁.

I hope anyone else stalling right now is able to break it soon! It's been 2-ish weeks for me and while not fun it made me focus on my nutrition/lifestyle rather than weightloss.

Hi, how is everyone doing. It's been a few weeks. I'm a bit frustrated. I got down to 282 and then bounced back up to 286. I'm not eating a ton but I have had bits of bread here and there. I'm trying to focus back more on Protein and Water but it is difficult to pass up on simethimgs my family is having or I just didn't get to the grocery this week to get the right Snacks. What is everyone else doing?

Where did everyone go? I hope everyone is doing well. I'm 8 weeks out at this point down 30lbs. I had a few stalls but just checked my diet and got back on track with Protein and Water intake and a few more walks. I got Covid as well and was not feeling well for a week thankfully it was pretty mild. I went for a couple of 1 mile runs for the first time since surgery this week as well. Feeling good and looking good.

I'm still craving bad foods especially at night. I tried to fast from 8pm -8 am and that lasted a day to try to keep from snacking. So I'm just trying to have better Snacks than my go to chips. Greek Yogurt or apple and Peanut Butter or the Jello sugar free pudding cups. But definitely craving salt and crunch.

I m about 8 weeks out also and down 35. Been hitting the gym hard, mostly weights. Still learning what my pouch can tolerate, sometimes the hard way. I found some Protein chips that I eat when I crave something from my old life. Tasty Bites has something called Party Mix that tastes like Chex mix. It is the best brand I have tried so far. Quest products are nasty, at least I think so.

6 hours ago, Orig Ironman said:

Where did everyone go? I hope everyone is doing well. I'm 8 weeks out at this point down 30lbs.

Hi! 👋

I got my sleeve on 2/23 so I'm almost 6 weeks out. Overall I feel good and am doing really well. I'm in the pureed stage for another couple more weeks then on soft foods for 2 more weeks. I've lost 21 pounds so far - 9 of them in the first week! I would have been stoked to keep that rate up for a bit, but I'm happy with the steady 2ish pounds a week I seem to be losing right now. Besides sticking to the eating plan, my next step is to increase my exercise. I'm taking just a couple 20-30 minute walks a week right now, and am still pretty gassed afterward with my muscles feeling like jelly. The only way out of this is probably to power through enough to build my strength up. Gotta dig in and find the motivation to add in more walking and some strength training.

Keep up the walking, it will get easier and easier. And it is so good for you.

On 4/3/2021 at 5:53 PM, chiquitatummy said:

Hi! 👋

I got my sleeve on 2/23 so I'm almost 6 weeks out. Overall I feel good and am doing really well. I'm in the pureed stage for another couple more weeks then on soft foods for 2 more weeks. I've lost 21 pounds so far - 9 of them in the first week! I would have been stoked to keep that rate up for a bit, but I'm happy with the steady 2ish pounds a week I seem to be losing right now. Besides sticking to the eating plan, my next step is to increase my exercise. I'm taking just a couple 20-30 minute walks a week right now, and am still pretty gassed afterward with my muscles feeling like jelly. The only way out of this is probably to power through enough to build my strength up. Gotta dig in and find the motivation to add in more walking and some strength training.

I know we aren’t supposed to compare ourselves to others but I see we are still twinning 😊 My weight loss just slowed to about 2lbs a weeks too. It’s hard to be patient after the early whirlwind of pounds flying off.

Ive been walking a lot lately. My joints are still complaining but it’s getting easier and easier. My husband also got me an electric bike for my birthday and I’m biking just about everywhere these days. I LOVE it!

Hi, I went back to Tae Kwon Do for the first time in A year now that I have my Covid vaccination. I can't believe how easy it was to do the stretches. My stomach used to be in the way but now that it is so much smaller I seem more flexible. I had a bit of a stall this past month because of deadlines at work and deviating from the eating plan. Getting back to TKD should help with the exercise and I will just have to be better about avoiding carbs.

Good Morning fellow Feb bypassers

I hope everyone is doing good. I have to say i am really happy with my results so far. The weight loss has been great (78lbs), As the time goes by I notice the little things that I can do now that I struggled with before. I cut the grass yesterday, before I would be winded and have to take some breaks and sweat my ass off, Yesterday was great, no breaks, no sweating and I could breath. I have a Jeep, I use to have to grab something to help me get in, i don’t now. I could go on on about the little things I’ve noticed. I still have 40Lbs+ to go and am looking forward to finding out what more I can do..

Mike

Hi fellow Feb members. I moving right long and doing well. I still have times when, at the end of the day, I find myself hitting a Protein Drink to get my Protein in for the day. I am doing great at exercise and use free weights and weight machines 99% of the time. My back does not hurt as bad And I don’t lose my breath when I walk across the room. Down 49 lbs and counting, so glad I had the surgery no found these blogs which have offered me so much support, device and ideas.

Hey guys! Checking in to say that if you've slid back into bad habits its never too late to turn it around! To be honest I deviated from the eating plan early on, and never really worked out, but ever since I've become a more mindful eater and have prioritized working out I feel like this whole journey is possible again. I want to reach my goal weight by February of next year so I really want to utilize this period of easy/more rapid weightloss to reach that goal and be a candidate for plastics.

Unfortunately, I started this process for completely vain and superficial reasons. While those reasons are still driving me to reach my goals I'm also motivated to see what my body can do. Things I'll be trying in the near future:

Skateboarding

Bike riding

Swimming

Surfing

Muay Thai Boxing

A handstand

A cartwheel

A split

Powerlifting

Long distance running

I'll be checking in more frequently too! Ciao