Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not available in your recommended size...



Recommended Posts

I hate the algorithm that all the online stores are using to recommend what size to buy. They are still recommending my size from two years ago, which obviously isn't right anymore. Some sites even go so far as to automatically change my selection to the size they think I am. And one site I shop on refuses to show me the size chart, it just tells me "Not available in your recommended size". Grrrrrrrr, stop it! I know, first world problems but I thought I'd post a rant about it, LOL. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, clothing stores are annoying! There seems to be a new trend for determining your size, and they start by asking the size and brand of your best-fitting clothing. Well, I don’t own any clothing that fits! That’s why I’m trying to figure out my size!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right! I take my measurements and then follow the size charts but it's irritating when I can't even SEE the size chart because the site thinks it already knows my size, LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it just as difficult to find clothing now as I did when I was bigger! Also, why do they charge more for a 2XL size and use the excuse "well, it takes more fabric" but now that I need an xxs or xs I don 't pay less because they are using less fabric?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been on a site with a shopping algorhythym or one that thinks its knows my size. What if you were buying something for someone else? It should give you freedom of choice. That's weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it were me, I’d probably just make a new account and start over (or see if you can contact them and reset your algorithm). Websites can be frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering where you are shopping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lynnlovesthebeach said:

I find it just as difficult to find clothing now as I did when I was bigger! Also, why do they charge more for a 2XL size and use the excuse "well, it takes more fabric" but now that I need an xxs or xs I don 't pay less because they are using less fabric?

So true. And for some brands there's a lot of overlap in the sizes but there's STILL a price differential. For example, Alfani 0X has the exact same measurements as XXL but still costs $10 more. It's a rip-off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, It's time. said:

I'm wondering where you are shopping.

Macy's for one. If I'm logged in, it consistently defaults to size 3x and I have manually re-set it each time. And it assumes it knows my size and tells it's not available in my size, LOL. I'll be the judge of that thank you, LOL.

image.png.5b04ec8ee3bce163f516678bff56ecb9.png

Edited by Jaelzion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GradyCat said:

I've never been on a site with a shopping algorhythym or one that thinks its knows my size. What if you were buying something for someone else? It should give you freedom of choice. That's weird.

Exactly! It will eventually let me choose the right size but there's an extra step where it re-sets my choice to what it THINKS my size is. A couple of times I have failed to notice and added the item to my cart in the wrong size! Fortunately, I've never actually purchased the wrong size, I've always noticed and corrected it before paying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mil_unloaded said:

If it were me, I’d probably just make a new account and start over (or see if you can contact them and reset your algorithm). Websites can be frustrating.

Agreed. I've thought about just starting over but I don't want to lose all my purchase history because of this "helpful" feature, LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jaelzion said:

Agreed. I've thought about just starting over but I don't want to lose all my purchase history because of this "helpful" feature, LOL.

I did a quick google, and you can reset your sizing preferences in your profile. You can also delete Cookies on your browser for good measure :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×