Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Date set for 1/28/20

My twin brother and I have just gotten our surgery date for Gastric Bypass surgery. We are scheduled for 1/28/20. We will go in together on the same day with the same surgeon. We are excited to go through the process together. It will be nice to have each other as a support system but still a little nervous about what to expect the first few weeks after surgery. So happy to have found this app. Does anyone have any pointers?

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I agree! So glad to finally be able to get the help we need. We would love any feedback or pointers. There seems to be a lot to learn, both before and after the surgery. I'm also glad to have found this app!

That’s awesome! Especially because you have each other to immediately support one another! Biggest challenge for me is getting the headspace right. I deal with this by doing a lot of prep. Planning out meals for me vs meals for family, Vitamins, Water.< /p>

Hello Qianmij,

Thanks for your message. We are very excited about having the surgery and beginning our weight loss journey. I am little nervous about the Post Op recovery but know that is part of the journey. I know preparing ahead of times with Vitamins and such will be key. How much have you lost so far?

They say males lose quicker than females. My surgery was 9-17-20 - it’ll be (4) months on 1-17-21. Just 55 lbs so far. Recording each meal helped, too.

They say males lose quicker than females. My surgery was 9-17-20 - it’ll be (4) months on 1-17-21. Just 55 lbs so far. Recording each meal helped, too.
That's AMAZING [emoji122]! CONGRATULATIONS!