Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many days did it take you to feel ok?

Great replies. I had surgery this afternoon and feel pretty good. Went for a long walk and Water so far is no problem.

Pretty sore now and having stomach spasms. Tough night, so far. Doing laps around my living room. Lol. Not discouraged and pushing through.

I was nauseous for the first 24 hours post-op but felt GREAT immediately after that. Never felt weak or in pain or had any problems with bowel movements. It was amazingly smooth and easy after surgery and recovery was a breeze.

Day 1 and 2 weren't the greatest, but I also had a hiatal hernia repair that made it pretty painful to take a deep breath. By day 3 and 4 I started to feel pretty good. I took two weeks off of work to recover and just went back this past Monday. Things went fine, but I learned not to do too much too fast! I've got some new pain that I didn't have before returning to work!

Hope you are doing okay.. Day 5 is when I started feeling better... (day 3 & 4 were the worst for me).. Keep us updated.

The first, like 6 hours after surgery I was really nauseous, and soooo tired from anesthesia and phenergan. I was the first surgery of the day, and my doc ended up fixing a hiatal hernia while he was in there too. So until like 4ish in the afternoon I was totally worthless, but after some toradol and zofran I was much better and got up and walked 3 laps, still didn’t feel great with ice or fluids, but part of a popsicle was good. By the next dose of zofran at 11 something that night I felt pretty darn good, and walked multiple laps through the night. By morning I was feeling at 90+%. I was discharged and out the door by 11 the following morning. I never needed my pain meds or spasm meds at home. Those first few hours after surgery it was nausea that was debilitating, the pain was never bad, the pressure was there, but the toradol took care of that. I was still kind of tired that first day home, but as far as how I felt, by the second day home I honestly felt great.

1 hour ago, Lanie992 said:

Hope you are doing okay.. Day 5 is when I started feeling better... (day 3 & 4 were the worst for me).. Keep us updated.

I am. Spasms are decreasing, I can now burp and pass gas. I never thought I'd be so happy to do those things. Lol. My wife has been awesome. I'm looking forward to more improvement. Hopefully!

I had surgery at 54 years old. I was kept for two nights at hospital -anesthesia and I do not do well together. Once I could hold down sips of Water it got better. I had drains until day 3. Once those were out, I could move better. I sipped warm tea mostly for 5 days. It took me a couple weeks to be able to walk more than down the driveway and back. But once I got past actual surgical issues, I did really well.

I am sure you will too. If you are not sure, contact your doctor and discuss. Best of luck !

Day 6. So to all, thanks for posting. Yesterday was my worst day due to terrible Constipation. Won't go into detail but I resolved that issue. Today I feel great. I'm shocked at how good I've felt the throughout this week post surgery. At 52, it has been a very positive experience so far.

So glad to hear it! Constipation can be a b*tch! I started taking Colace nightly. That will definitely help. Then it turned out I was taking too much Iron (I'm almost 4 months out) and once I stopped, that situation resolved! (Yay)

Good luck! I'm 57 and I wish I had done this YEARS ago!!