Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else having Tummy tuck, breast lift/Aug in January?

12 hours ago, Kris77 said:

What day? I’m Jan 7th!

I'm right behind you, on the 12th!!! It will be here before we know it!!!

On 11/03/2020 at 06:53, ChubRub said:

I'm right behind you, on the 12th!!! It will be here before we know it!!!

Yes! Very excited. Tad nervous but WAY more excited than anything else!!
We will have to PM eachother w updates etc!!

8 hours ago, Kris77 said:

Yes! Very excited. Tad nervous but WAY more excited than anything else!!
We will have to PM eachother w updates etc!!

Keeping fingers crossed that Covid doesn't shut down elective surgeries again!!

I know!! I hope it doesn’t either!!

I’m not sure on size implants yet. I want a full C. I keep hearing from people “oh you will wish you went bigger” Any of y’all had that exp?

For those who have had the TT how low did your surgeon go w your scar line and we’re you happy with where the scar line was?
I know I don’t want my pubic hair line to come up higher. I hear that from other people that the pubic hair came a lot higher after a TT

My TT scar line is right about where my hip bone protrudes the most, and straight across*.

My pubic hair line definitely went up higher. I have very little pubes so it isn't much of an issue, and all my underwear and/or bikini bottoms are still able to cover that area just fine without needing to "groom", lol.

*Re: the straight line across: after seeing other's v-shaped incision lines (i.e., a la @GreenTealael), I would have gone that route if it was an option. Not that I wear high cut panties/bikini bottoms anyway, but it would be nice to have the option to do so without seeing the scars on my hips.

I’m going to ask him about the hairline. I know that when you have the tuck it lifts your pons as well so it may just have to go higher. Is your hairline high in a not good way or fine? I wax anyways so it should be ok

14 minutes ago, Kris77 said:

Is your hairline high in a not good way or fine?

Oh, its fine. It IS higher, but not so high that it causes me any sort of grief.

Another bonus of getting my mons area stretched up is that my hoo-ha looks 30 years younger, lol.

Edited by ms.sss

On 10/31/2020 at 8:23 PM, Lynnlovesthebeach said:

The Tummy Tuck part was probably the easiest part, after I got my drains out at 3 1/2 weeks. I didn't need muscle tightening otherwise my dr would have done it. The back part of the "360" was hard to get used to. It took at least a month to be able to bend over and not feel like my butt incision was going to split open. The arms were a hard recovery and the most painful. My incisions opened on both arms. The right one has healed, the left has a little more to go. It will need a revision with my next surgery. One thing I didn't realize...I'll probably never have to shave my armpits again! The skin that is there now doesn't have hair!

I measured 73 inches of incision between my 360 lower body lift and extended brachioplasty! I'm 9 weeks post op and my body is still spitting out some stitches that didn't absorb. I'm ready for round 2...breast lift and back lift. Hopefully that happens early next year. It depends on when I can get time off from work and the sale of a house to have the money to pay for it!

Hi there. I'm looking into having an extended Tummy Tuck in the new year and worried about the pain and healing. Was it very painful. I also need my bingo wings done on my arms but as I use crutches I'm worried I will split the scars. I have to weight bare through my arms so don't know if I will be able to get them done.

I also need my boobs done, they have gone to flat saggy pancakes!!!

Its so expensive though I can't afford all I need to get done.

Can you advise how you found pain and healing please x

11 hours ago, Loopyjane12a said:

Hi there. I'm looking into having an extended Tummy Tuck in the new year and worried about the pain and healing. Was it very painful. I also need my bingo wings done on my arms but as I use crutches I'm worried I will split the scars. I have to weight bare through my arms so don't know if I will be able to get them done.

I also need my boobs done, they have gone to flat saggy pancakes!!!

Its so expensive though I can't afford all I need to get done.

Can you advise how you found pain and healing please x

I wouldn't worry about pain. It's pretty extensive surgery (12 1/2 hrs!) so of course there is pain. But, there are plenty of drugs available to control pain! I only took one dose of narcotics immediately after I came home from the hospital. I then took gabapentin and celebrex around the clock for the next 2 weeks and then just when I felt I needed it. I did get a refill on the gabapentin because I used to get nerve pain at night. If I had felt the need and the pain was bad enough I wouldn't have hesitated to take something stronger. The healing on the lower body lift has been perfect and the scar is looking pretty good. The incisions on both my arms opened up over my biceps. The right was pretty small and healed nicely after a little wound care. The left was pretty big and is almost healed but will need a scar revision in the future. It's not uncommon for that to happen when you think about how tight they pull your skin. He removed 9 inches of skin from my left arm! It is half the size it used to be! I measured 73 inches of incision from my LBL and brachioplasty! My brachioplasty was considered "extended" too. The scar goes from the lower edge of my boob to midway between my elbow and wrist. There are a lot of sutures involved and it's when your body spits out sutures that didn't dissolve that can cause the incision to open.

I'm not sure how you would use crutches after that surgery. I guess you would have to discuss it with your doctor. The armpit scars actually healed the quickest.

I have my next appointment in Feb. I'll be 6 months out from this surgery and we will discuss and plan my next surgery-breast lift and back lift. However, I just had 2 biopsies in my left breast (benign) so he is not sure he will do my boobs yet.

Even though there is pain involved and long term wound care and scars...I'd do it all over again. I love my results! It was worth every dollar I spent. I did not use insurance.

Thank you- lynnelovesthebeach. Thats encouraging. I'm dreading the skin removal but excites too. How do you know when is the right time to get it done. I'm 18m post op and my weight loss has slowed right down now. So I'm guessing its ok to have it done now.

16 hours ago, Loopyjane12a said:

Thank you- lynnelovesthebeach. Thats encouraging. I'm dreading the skin removal but excites too. How do you know when is the right time to get it done. I'm 18m post op and my weight loss has slowed right down now. So I'm guessing its ok to have it done now.

My doctor's requirement was being at a "stable" weight for 6 months. They don't want you losing a lot of weight after having plastic surgery because it affects your results. Good luck with your decision.

Sooooo....my surgeon did not have a time requirement to being at a stable weight prior to surgery. He did say though that LOSING “alot” of weight would affect the results more than GAINING “alot” weight. He explained that that scar tissue does not stretch as well as regular skin, and is even worse at shrinking. He said I should be prepared for this especially since I tend to scar badly historically (keloid and hypertrophic scarring). His example of “alot” was either losing 10-15 lbs OR gaining 20-30...but these numbers were for MY frame (I was 5’2” and 127 lbs at the time of consult), others with different body types would have different numbers.

Had my consult at 7 months post WLS, and would have done the plastics immediately, but he was booked 6+ months ahead. I lost another 12 lbs by the time my surgery date came about.

I am now almost a year from plastics now and my weight has been pretty much stable since I had them done (I dropped as low as 6 lbs below PS surgery date weight, i and reached as high as 6 lbs above during this time period. Today I am +2 lbs from plastics surgery date weight).

Surgery date is coming up fast!!! I have to get a COVID test pre op. Hope I’m not one of those people who pop positive with no symptoms. I’ve been self isolating aside from work. No gym or groceries stores and no Christmas w the family. 😢
But my surgery is Jan 6th! Coming up soon!! Very excited and getting a tad nervous.