Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not feeling restriction

Hi,

Hi,

I recently stopped feeling restriction. Admittedly, this was after a vacation of over indulging. Has anybody experienced this? Will it come back?

I should add that I’m pretty much done with my weight loss, and the surgery was over 14 months ago.

I recently stopped feeling restriction. Admittedly, this was after a vacation of over indulging. Has anybody experienced this? Will it come back?

I should add that I’m pretty much done with my weight loss, and the surgery has been over 14 months ago.

Any one else getting the feeling of deja vu? ;)

It could be related to vacation over indulgence. If you return to your plan meal sizes (or your previous meal sizes), you'll likely get back safely.

Good Luck,

Tek

Nonsense. Not stupid.

The interface is a little wonky [technical jargon] sometimes. It's a wonder it doesn't happen more.

But, I'll bet it's a mistake you don't make twice. At least twice in a row. ;)

Tek

I started feeling less restriction about 15 months after surgery. As many others have said, "You can't chase the restriction." In other words, you can't let a feeling of restriction determine the volume of food. You have to pre-choose your food intake and eat just that amount. This is learning how to eat normally. It is hard. I struggle with it, too. Before surgery, I could put away HUGE volumes of food. I have no idea where it all went, but once I started eating, I could not stop. I have those same feelings now - like I want to keep eating once I start, and if I eat slowly enough, and stretch out my meals, I can put away a lot more that I should. I have to work every day to write down my meal plan and then do my best to stick with it. And to STOP once my meal is finished. Intermittent fasting helps. I don't eat until noon and then try to stop by 7 pm. I can still put away a lot of calories in 7 hours, however, and it is a new learning curve to learn how to eat 2 good meals a day, with some raw veggies in the afternoon and a small yogurt fruit bowl for evening dessert. No second helpings and no other snacking - regardless of how full I feel. The volume limit has to come from your head, not your pouch.

I doubt you did any damage. Just focus now on Portion Control. Restriction or no restriction, people can gain all the weight back. The honeymoon is over and now it is a daily walking out the new lifestyle and mind set.