Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone go into surgery alone?

I did, my husband dropped me off at the door and I was on my own from there. The staff and nurses were amazing. I had wonderful care from start to finish. I used my cell phone to connect with love ones and provide updates. I was released the following day. Good Luck with surgery!

Because of the covid. I think most of us are gonna be restricted to various degrees. I'm taking a phone with my charger as I don't know yet whether my hubby can be there or not. Seeing dr. Tuesday for pre op,and I will ask about it.

I am just wondering if anyone had surgery alone with no family/friends there with you on surgery day? I am getting nervous about my upcoming surgery and won’t have anyone there at all. Is that really out of the ordinary? Will my surgeon and the nurses think it’s odd? Will I be okay without that moral support? Or am I worrying for nothing?
I just had surgery alone due to covid on sept 4th, and like you i was very scared by after surgery I felt so terrible I was kinda glad to be alone and just be still and quiet. I just took everything 1 day at a time. TODAY 30 days later I feel amazing. Good luck to you dear.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was dropped off by my wife. My surgery was at the end of May. No visitors were allowed in the hospital but they were allowed in the operating waiting room, for a quick visit if desired. I decided to go alone anyway. In May, no one wanted to go near a hospital There was a lot of uncertainty and perceived risk around hospitals due to COVID. It was more difficult for my family since they didn't get good phone reports back from the surgeons or hospital but they knew there were some issues not going as planned. My first surgery (Day 1) was cut short. They resolved a hiatal hernia and removed the gallbladder. Required a second surgery (Day 3) to investigate and resolve a common bile duct stricture. I had the third surgery (Day 4) and got the revision to duodenal switch done. Went home on Day 5. Despite planning to be there only one or two nights, and having 7 procedures over 3 days of surgery, I felt great and recovered quickly. I'm grateful for the excellent care and precautions taken to ensure my weight loss surgery would be safe and successful.

I wasn't nervous at all going into the first surgery. I have complete trust in the Surgeon's experience. I was well motivated to make a drastic change to improve my health. It paid off for sure.

I hd surgery alone in August and now again next week for my Sleeve. The staff is amazing and supportive. It is not easy but you can do

it!