Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need encouraging words or a buddy to help me through this wls

Hello all, I am due for surgery in October but I finally finished out the program to be able to submit my paperwork to my insurance as of Thursday 9/17/20 now I'm just waiting on a call from my baratric team to choose what day in October. My program was technically supposed to end October 1st but I got done a little sooner 😅 I'm in need of support other than my boyfriend and his family. I'm so scared. but sorta excited. I deal with anxiety and depression so it can be a bit of a struggle some days I think I got the whole WLS thing down and other days I'm just way too overwhelmed by it all! Encouraging words accepted* I'm in need of them.

Much love ~ Rachael

2 hours ago, Rachael LiBengood said:

Hello all, I am due for surgery in October but I finally finished out the program to be able to submit my paperwork to my insurance as of Thursday 9/17/20 now I'm just waiting on a call from my baratric team to choose what day in October. My program was technically supposed to end October 1st but I got done a little sooner 😅 I'm in need of support other than my boyfriend and his family. I'm so scared. but sorta excited. I deal with anxiety and depression so it can be a bit of a struggle some days I think I got the whole WLS thing down and other days I'm just way too overwhelmed by it all! Encouraging words accepted* I'm in need of them.

Much love ~ Rachael

Hi Rachel

I can relate with anxiety and depresiion as a Functional individual. One thing that I can exprezs which i always remind myself each and everyday is that no matter what you do, what you say never have regrets. For the most time through the WLS journey i never regretted anything despite of any challenges.

Missy

Hi Rachael,

You are a few days away from a healthier you! Congratulations!! I am 3 months out and loving the journey. It's not easy but it's definitely not as hard as it was pre-surgery. Your feelings are so normal. Keep a journal and get ready to take care of you!

1 minute ago, MISTY_CEE035 said:

Hi Rachel

I can relate with anxiety and depresiion as a Functional individual. One thing that I can exprezs which i always remind myself each and everyday is that no matter what you do, what you say never have regrets. For the most time through the WLS journey i never regretted anything despite of any challenges.

Missy

Hi Missy,

Thanks for the encouragement, wisdom and support. Its nice to have someone reply to me on here. I was all for this surgery then as it got closer it started becoming scary, overwhelming and very real but I am 337lbs as of right now so I always tell myself health wise I have to do this, to make a change because no one else is going to but me! Its not that I feel I'm going to regret it. Its more like there are so many rules with food and nutrition... but for the most part I feel there is going to be challenges anyways I didn't expect it to be easy. It's just how do I get 64oz a day plus 2-3 shakes it's like I'm sipping all day and that doesn't include the food stages then plus the Water etc. I've heard until you feel comfortable keeping down water and Protein people don't eat much else or slowly try to incorporate? Correct me if I'm wrong. Plus all this for the rest of my life. I struggle with missing medication some days and I need to take Vitamins everyday. today I came to a resolution to that by just taking them whatever time I remember each day and trying to stay on top of it. Its more than likely my anxiety talking 😅

Just now, Ann777 said:

Hi Rachael,

You are a few days away from a healthier you! Congratulations!! I am 3 months out and loving the journey. It's not easy but it's definitely not as hard as it was pre-surgery. Your feelings are so normal. Keep a journal and get ready to take care of you!

Thank you all this encouragement I'm loving it thank you everyone. Omgosh I feel like crying this has been bothering me for a while. I've been talking with my therapist and being open with my nutritionist about everything. Hopefully I meet with the surgeon before surgery. Still waiting on a call. How long does it usually take insurance to approve after paperwork was submitted mine was submitted 09/17/20

11 minutes ago, Rachael LiBengood said:

Thank you all this encouragement I'm loving it thank you everyone. Omgosh I feel like crying this has been bothering me for a while. I've been talking with my therapist and being open with my nutritionist about everything. Hopefully I meet with the surgeon before surgery. Still waiting on a call. How long does it usually take insurance to approve after paperwork was submitted mine was submitted 09/17/20

I was self-pay so I'm not sure about the insurance process. Mine has a no WLS clause :(

1 minute ago, Ann777 said:

I was self-pay so I'm not sure about the insurance process. Mine has a no WLS clause :(

Oh man. That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that must've been pricey. Well I keep hearing two weeks or so for insurance to get back to me but I could be wrong.

11 minutes ago, Ann777 said:

Rachel

You will eventually receive a call within 2 to 3 weeks. God willing you will be going for surgery towards the end of October unless if your insurance company requires other guidances in effort to rule out that the surgery is medically necessary.

What insurance do you have? What state?

Missy

34 minutes ago, Rachael LiBengood said:

Hi Missy,

Thanks for the encouragement, wisdom and support. Its nice to have someone reply to me on here. I was all for this surgery then as it got closer it started becoming scary, overwhelming and very real but I am 337lbs as of right now so I always tell myself health wise I have to do this, to make a change because no one else is going to but me! Its not that I feel I'm going to regret it. Its more like there are so many rules with food and nutrition... but for the most part I feel there is going to be challenges anyways I didn't expect it to be easy. It's just how do I get 64oz a day plus 2-3 shakes it's like I'm sipping all day and that doesn't include the food stages then plus the Water etc. I've heard until you feel comfortable keeping down Water and Protein people don't eat much else or slowly try to incorporate? Correct me if I'm wrong. Plus all this for the rest of my life. I struggle with missing medication some days and I need to take Vitamins everyday. today I came to a resolution to that by just taking them whatever time I remember each day and trying to stay on top of it. Its more than likely my anxiety talking 😅

I have never been prompt with my pills so I put my Vitamins right next to my bed so I can't miss them. I take my first ones in the morning when I get up. If I leave the house I always pack my afternoon or evening ones with me and set my alarm on my phone so I know when to take them. Honestly the only one I actually forget about is my extra Vitamin A because I only take it once every other day, so I end up having to take that usually late at night when it occurs to me 'oh crap, I forgot the Vitamin A'.

3 minutes ago, NovaLuna said:

I have never been prompt with my pills so I put my Vitamins right next to my bed so I can't miss them. I take my first ones in the morning when I get up. If I leave the house I always pack my afternoon or evening ones with me and set my alarm on my phone so I know when to take them. Honestly the only one I actually forget about is my extra Vitamin A because I only take it once every other day, so I end up having to take that usually late at night when it occurs to me 'oh crap, I forgot the Vitamin A'.

I'm not alone. Yay 😅 I'm usually good at remembering but sometimes I struggle. Your ideas on how you manage taking you Vitamins sounds like it works great so I might try that. I usually take all of my meds in the morning right now but again if I have a really busy day I end up missing and remembering when it's like evening time. By then it's too late I would think.

1 hour ago, Rachael LiBengood said:

Hi Missy,

Thanks for the encouragement, wisdom and support. Its nice to have someone reply to me on here. I was all for this surgery then as it got closer it started becoming scary, overwhelming and very real but I am 337lbs as of right now so I always tell myself health wise I have to do this, to make a change because no one else is going to but me! Its not that I feel I'm going to regret it. Its more like there are so many rules with food and nutrition... but for the most part I feel there is going to be challenges anyways I didn't expect it to be easy. It's just how do I get 64oz a day plus 2-3 shakes it's like I'm sipping all day and that doesn't include the food stages then plus the Water etc. I've heard until you feel comfortable keeping down Water and Protein people don't eat much else or slowly try to incorporate? Correct me if I'm wrong. Plus all this for the rest of my life. I struggle with missing medication some days and I need to take Vitamins everyday. today I came to a resolution to that by just taking them whatever time I remember each day and trying to stay on top of it. Its more than likely my anxiety talking 😅

I got a big pill thing and every sunday night i refill it. Then each day i pop out that days pill container. Seems to help get them all in

9090E986-747D-4F67-BC00-B0B8FDBBD64F.jpeg

24 minutes ago, tarotcardreader said:

I got a big pill thing and every sunday night i refill it. Then each day i pop out that days pill container. Seems to help get them all in

9090E986-747D-4F67-BC00-B0B8FDBBD64F.jpeg

Please send me the link to this pill container that you bought if you can though right now I use bubble packaging and It seems to help a lot but I still think I would benefit from a pill container.

3 hours ago, Rachael LiBengood said:

Please send me the link to this pill container that you bought if you can though right now I use bubble packaging and It seems to help a lot but I still think I would benefit from a pill container.

GMS 7-Day 4-Times-a-Day Pill... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D4M5FLZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Hi Missy & All! Am new here too. Had surgery Sep 8 . Hospital gave me 64 pill containers. I fill a tray & keep close bc it is overwhelming! I even fill w/sugar free Jello & yogurt. sugar free popsicles are my saving grace! I keep a Water pitcher close to refill because I can get really lazy. ( Only put that in case the mean, snarky guy on here replies hahaha!) U can Call Nurse or get plastic shot glasses at liquor store/Amazon or ketchup containers at fast food. No, bad trigger! DON’T do that! Amazon is better! (That will really get snarky guy going.omg! That character is funny if u haven’t experienced his dagger replies.) I gotta have humor bc cars are literally floating in street from Hurricane Beta. Haven’t seen or heard rain pelt down & flood like this since Harvey. Prayers for Texas please!! So glad I found this wonderful encouraging place!