Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am not alone...Am I?

Hi there!!! I am scheduled for March 6th. I was originally schedulled for Feb, but had emergency gall bladder surgery last week and I decided not to have a second surgery the following month.

Gosh, it's getting close and very real. Good luck to all of us.

I am hoping to have my surgery in March also!! I finish up my 6 months around the 3rd week in February. I have BCBS of AL also. I hear it takes about 2 weeks to get an approval. I just hope the surgeon is not booked out to far!! I'm excited and ready to get started!!!!!

Hi everyone,

I too hope to have my surgery.My birthday is March 10th!! I hope to have it before then!! It's been a long process but it's worth the wait I have a BMIof 42 and several co morbidities plus I've had the 6 mo. required nutritional counseling.I have Humana insurance.

Hang in there

jaunderwood

I have my consultation next month for surgery hopefully in March by Dr Focquet in Belgium.

Anyone know anyone who has used him?

Hello everyone,

My name is Tiffenii and my "B" day is March 7th. I can't wait! Dr. Babineau in Tyler, Texas will is my surgeon and I have heard nothing but good things about him. I look forward to reading about everyone's weightloss.

HI! Although I have been lurking around the forum for about 5 months, this is my first post. My surgury date is Friday, March 28 with Dr. Gould at the University of Wisconsin in Madison. I am self-pay so my process has been somewhat quick. I went to the seminar the first week of December, have done the initail screenings, and have my nutrition and surgeon appointment during the end of February. I could have had surgery in mid-Feb but I have plans for vacation in Mexico the first week of March and decided it would be best to wait until after that. Good luck to everyone, March seems a long way away but I am sure it will fly by!

This is awesome!

More and more of we March bandsters are coming together! :)

I'm so psyched for this! I've started a weekly countdown on my calendars and have even changed one of my computer passwords to "Icantw82BThin"! Imagine that! :)

I'm going thru a wierd phase right now. I feel like I should take opportunities to eat things that I know I won't be able to eat afterwards. Is anyone else having this happen? I know how I've felt mentally when I'm thin, so I know I won't have major issues with eating then. I just want to get those last things in, like a finale of sorts, before the real celebration (or work....depending on how you look at it) starts.

Could this be the "Last Supper" syndrome? :redface:

Yes I have "Last Supper" Syndrome too! I have been eating everthing in sight for the past couple of weeks. The sad thing is I don't even have an approval or a surgery date yet! I'm not worried about getting approved but I know I can't keep on eating every meal like it's going to be my last! Today was "Jeans Friday" and I couldn't even get on my "fat" jeans without laying on the bed to zip them then I had to take them off because they hurt too bad! UGH! :redface:

I know I'm crazy because I will be able to eat once I get the band but my I have two sides of my brain telling me two different things. One is saying, "Eat or you're going to starve!" the other is saying, "Hey babe, maybe you should slow down there. There will be food on the other side."

geez, just tell me this doesn't last forever. I'm actually getting sick of eating so much junk though so maybe I will start being more practical. (i hope!)

Hi Mom007,

I too feel like I should eat everything but then I think this is crazy as I eat more!!! I hope to get my date soon.Of course I don't have official approval yet but everyone says there shouldn't be a problem since I have so many health problems.I just want it to be official!!

I love this site. I need a place to vent with those that understand!!

jaunderwood

Yes, that can be a challenge, I have found. I have been told this and also not to drink 1 1/2 hours after meals as well. So, I am trying to get used to this.

I know....this is just so weird! Maybe we're just psychologically trying to get ourselves SICK of eating.....I just don't get it! BUT......I'm glad to see that I'm not alone and that others have this happening too! :redface:

Anyway, I'm letting myself do this until the end of the month then I'm taking over! Mind over matter....food matter, that is. I'm making exercise my February plan. I started exercising again this month, then it got foiled when my husband went out of state for work last week. Between the cold weather the kids & taking down Christmas decorations, I haven't gone back yet.

Let's all start with a February exercise plan.....whatcha all think?

This is awesome!

Could this be the "Last Supper" syndrome? :hurray:

Yes I have "Last Supper" Syndrome too! I have been eating everthing in sight for the past couple of weeks. UGH! :eek:
I love this site. I need a place to vent with those that understand!!

jaunderwood

I am trying to get used to this.
...I'm glad to see that I'm not alone and that others have this happening too! :wink2:

Let's all start with a February exercise plan.....whatcha all think?

I'm with you! I've been eating like crazy and actually gained weight when I saw the dietician this week! :frown:

I've re-started walking, so you could say I'm MARCHing into Feb.:redface:

Hi, I'm Linda and I'm also planning to be banded in March, March 3 to be exact. My insurance doesn't cover the surgery, so I'll be paying myself. Still, I've been surprised at how easily the doctor approved my surgery. I've lost and regained hundreds of pounds in my life, so I think that was the main reason.

I'm having some anxiety about taking such a big step and since anxiety always leads to overeating for me, I've gained weight in the last several weeks. I'm not sure how I'll deal with that kind of anxiety when I can't eat very much. Any thoughts about this?

Lalalinda

I don"t know what it is, but I am eating like a monkey with both hands and feet!! With a surgery date of 3/4/08 and 20lbs to be off by then, what am I thinking??? Took 11 off so far but at the rate I'm going it will all be back by March...