Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 7 - Today I had an episode of weakness and lowered pulse (54). I discussed it with my doctor and he said I need more Water. I increased my water and then just a few minutes ago, I regurgitated water and Soup. It wasn’t a whole lot and it happened as a result of trying to burp. Still have lots of gas activity. I’m feeling better then earlier in the day but I have to find the right rate of drinking water so I don’t regurgitate again. I was allowed to remove the outer dressings today and I took a nice shower with a mild soap. I use Aveno gentle body wash. I’m going to be early at night and waking up early with no naps during the day. That is a major change for me because I was sleeping up to three hours during the day at my highest weight. I’m down a total of 10.5 pounds since August 31st when I started the prep diet. I can tell that this is going to work for me. 😀

2 hours ago, Camillia said:

Thank you for sharing your journey. My gastric bypass surgery is scheduled for August 18. My goal is 125 pounds also.
You are really helping me to know what to expect. I’m scared and excited at the same time

Right around the corner. I think the best advice to give is to anticipate that you might have a roller coaster of emotions. That was the thing that shocked me the most. If you can try to bring headphones and download a streaming app so you can listen to calming music. I used Pandora and listened to the spa channel after my panic attack and then again at home when I felt frustrated. Walk the unit as much as you can tolerate to get rid of gas once permitted. It’s very painful when you are freshly operated on. Ask me anything if you have questions.

1 hour ago, Camillia said:

Thank you so much! I will definitely reach out!
wishing you continued success!

Thanks!

Day 8 - on to stage two, full liquids. Today I am nauseated. New things I tried today Plain fat free yogurt with Protein Powder. Not very good tasting and not fun to eat. I tried a V 8 which tasted good and went down easy. Too easy I think because I had some feeling of bloat for a while afterward. Without using the medicine cups I seem to be drinking too fast. Gas is still a problem too. I lost five more pounds for a total of 15.5 since the prep diet on 7/24/20.

This evening I went for a walk but I couldn’t go for that long just 15 minutes or so. I feel weak and I already have neuropathy in my feet so I have balance issues. I have exercises that I can do to promote better balance but I need permission from the surgeon to put them into action. I was also able to take all my 3x tops out of my closet because they are super loose on me. I’m donating them to a church that serves the poor in my city. I’m going to have to do something about my sluggish digestive tract. I have only gone once and that’s not typical for me at all. I have colace but they are gel caps and they are bigger then the mouth of a straw. Not sure what to do. I’ll bring it up with the doctor on Tuesday.

Have you been able to find anything to help with the nausea?
I hope you feel better soon!!!

I enjoy hearing what you are going through. I feel I might have been mislead by others about what to expect after surgery. I just hope I got this. Thank you for sharing, I personally appreciate it greatly. Hope you are doing well.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! It is truly helping me a great deal. You are in my prayers and I wish you all the best!!😊

20 hours ago, Shell4451 said:

Have you been able to find anything to help with the nausea?
I hope you feel better soon!!!

It went away on its own. I know what I did wrong. I added three new items to my diet in one day and my stomach pouch probably wasn’t ready for that.

Day 8 - fatigue today. I took two naps during the day. I introduced a new food today. Goya black bean Soup blended until no Beans visible. I also had a low sodium v8 which I drank using medicine cups. Both were delicious and well tolerated. I took a short stroll today in the park. It’s getting easier to tolerate the walks. I had more gas then ever today. I’ve never been this gassy in my life! I was able to go to the bathroom today without any laxatives which was a relief. I continue to use the Premier Protein shakes to meet the daily Protein requirements for my program (60 grams). Tomorrow I plan on having a well blended sweet potato pumpkin soup as my meal. Im kind of scared to eat yogurt right now because I feel like that was the troublemaker the other day. I will reintroduce the yogurt again in a few days.

So glad to hear that you are doing great!

2 minutes ago, Shell4451 said:

So glad to hear that you are doing great!

The important thing to understand is that it’s not a straight line. Even within a single day right now the body fluctuates in terms of recovery. I’m trying to document it best as possible for those coming after me down the road to recovery.

Edited by perfektlynrml

Regarding day 8, I ended up with pretty severe Gas pains in the middle of the night. I’m thinking the Goya black bean Soup was the culprit. I was so uncomfortable that I went out in the middle of the night to purchase chewable Probiotics. The remedy for a food that is not tolerated is to hold it for a week or two and retry it again in a smaller volume. I’m definitely going to try that because Beans are too valuable a food to cross off the list.

1 hour ago, Jose Fialho said:

Congrats. I’m scheduled for surgery sept 2 . I’m a little nervous

Thank you. Do you have any particular concerns or is it general anxiety you’re having?