Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there everyone. I had my gastric bypass today and it went well. No pain at the moment just some tenderness in the abdomen. My procedure was four hours. Going to ask tomorrow for the details. Nothing by mouth until tomorrow. I'm ready for the next part of my journey!

Sent from my SM-A102U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations, Perfekt! We all remember the excitement😄, and on most days still have it! All best wishes, and sending healing thoughts your way.💖

Edited by Lily66

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the rest of your life!!

Thanks! I'm starting my liquids and I'm having the burps. They kind of hurt! They said I can go home if I tolerate fluids.

I have to stay one more night. I couldn't pee. The put a catheter in and 600cc came out. What a reliet!

I had a very bad night emotionally last night. Had such a bad anxiety attack they gave me an ativan to help me relax. I had fallen asleep in the geri chair but could not get down. While I was waiting I had this burp that scared the hell out of me. I could feel my insides moving. I started praying like crazy and thinking what have I done? The meds helped me fall asleep and my morning is better. Still not urinating on my own. May need a Foley to go home unless the try oxybutnin to relax my bladder.

Ugh! Life can get so real sometimes. Hugs and prayers that today is better. They kept me an extra night after surgery for extreme nausea that set in late and difficulty urinating. Can totally understand your anxiety attack as so many things going on and then this idea that something else must be wrong, it’s not like what i heard this should be.😩

I’m serious though, the ride home was uneventful and within 24 hours I felt like a new woman...nothing like the fear I had felt only hours earlier. My prayer is this will happen for YOU!💝

Thank you I’m home now. I’m able to pee on my own again. I put a heating pad on warm on my stomach. It’s very soothing. Gonna try to get some real sleep now that I’m home.

Yay for you!! Congrats on arriving home!

Wish you a day of regenerating rest. You’ve got this.👌

How are you doing today?

3 minutes ago, MeliE82 said:

How are you doing today?

I’m coming along. Feel a bit tired but getting my Protein Drink in. Each day seems like I’m getting back to myself.

Day 5 - I woke up today after a good nights sleep and went for a short walk. I’m feeling discomfort around the stomach area. I may have moved a bit too much yesterday. I even reached down to pick up my Yorkie by reflex. I weighed myself today but not a significant change since the 7th. I think I’m holding on to fluids plus I haven’t yet gone to the bathroom. I’m going to start colace tonight. Something unexpected I have is acne around my nose. I’m getting Saran Wrap today and taking a good shower. Been doing those bath cloth wipes but it is not enough. Switching from drinking plain Water to Zico coconut water today to add more calories. Yesterday I had 43 grams of Protein water, 20 oz of water for a total of 40 oz of water or so. Lots of bloating yesterday but it feels better this morning.

Day 6 after surgery. Tenderness is nearly gone. Standing up straight without difficulty. Finally went to the bathroom yesterday after taking mirilax. I’m walking well by myself and building up to thirty minutes. Problems- Gas build up. I’m drinking too fast which is part of my old habits. I took a shower last night after wrapping myself in Saran Wrap but it didn’t stick and one of the five small dressings got wet. I cleansed the area and covered with a large dry bandage. I’m drinking clears and Premier Protein shakes. My doctor also allowed me to have a medicine cup full of sugar free pudding made with Lactaid milk to take my medication. Tolerating well without vomiting or nausea. No dumping syndrome. Calories are still under 500 at this point but fluids are tolerated well. One warning, I took a sip of some cold Water and it gave me a spasm in my belly. Cold Zico coconut water was tolerated better. Still using the 30 ml medicine cups to avoid overfilling my new stomach. Some mood issues and being snappy. Because I can’t eat junk I am “expressing myself” much more. Hubby is a bit taken aback but he needs to understand I can’t be passive anymore. It made me 125 pounds overweight.