Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Surgeon called. Here we go again...
Sleeve to RNY 5/27
Complication on 6/8. Vomitting of bile. Nausea.
Came home and 2 days later same thing. Went for CT again yesterday. Small bowel obstruction.
Wants to go back in but it’s my call.
Says it could go away or he will go in laparoscopic and fix it or if worst case incision thru my belly button.
Seems the collegue only removed the scar tissue And here I am.
My call he says.
Grrr.
food liquid staying down. It’s bile coming back up.
What to do!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MIKEYY84 said:

Unlucky

You're a great ray of hope Mickey! thanks!

Be gone with yourself, please don't post anything on my posts anymore - I'll find a way to block you.

Always one in a crowd - you've been a jerk to others too! keep scrolling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, ge0rgette2 said:

Surgeon called. Here we go again...
Sleeve to RNY 5/27
Complication on 6/8. Vomitting of bile. Nausea.
Came home and 2 days later same thing. Went for CT again yesterday. Small bowel obstruction.
Wants to go back in but it’s my call.
Says it could go away or he will go in laparoscopic and fix it or if worst case incision thru my belly button.
Seems the collegue only removed the scar tissue And here I am.
My call he says.
Grrr.
food liquid staying down. It’s bile coming back up.
What to do!?

Perhaps ask the surgery if the risks of another surgery outweigh the benefits at this point & what percentage of these situations resolve themselves vs requires emergency surgery

Good Luck ❤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They want to go back in to fix what? The bowel obstruction? or something to do with your sleeve?

Are you still vomiting/nauseous? Every single day? If so, I would probably get it fixed. Yes, it won't be fun going through the surgery again and the recovery... but you're not in good shape now either, you know what I mean? Either way - you're suffering. Might as well get it taken care of ASAP.

But ultimately it is your choice and you will just have to have a hard conversation with yourself and decide what YOU want to do based on your own opinion.

Let us know what's going on. I am so sorry you're going through this. And if you get unkind or flippant comments - just ignore them. This could be any one of us going through this (and it might be one of us later on down the line).. not sure why anyone would be so glib about a serious subject like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Perhaps ask the surgery if the risks of another surgery outweigh the benefits at this point & what percentage of these situations resolve themselves vs requires emergency surgery

Good Luck ❤

Yes, I will ;) thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Lanie992 said:

They want to go back in to fix what? The bowel obstruction? or something to do with your sleeve?

Are you still vomiting/nauseous? Every single day? If so, I would probably get it fixed. Yes, it won't be fun going through the surgery again and the recovery... but you're not in good shape now either, you know what I mean? Either way - you're suffering. Might as well get it taken care of ASAP.

But ultimately it is your choice and you will just have to have a hard conversation with yourself and decide what YOU want to do based on your own opinion.

Let us know what's going on. I am so sorry you're going through this. And if you get unkind or flippant comments - just ignore them. This could be any one of us going through this (and it might be one of us later on down the line).. not sure why anyone would be so glib about a serious subject like this.

Fix the obstruction AGAIN!!! I am assuming, speaking w/ the original surgeon this morning, that the CT Scan shows a partial obstruction - The surgeon last week - his collegue in his office, said he fixed the scar tissue, which he believed to be causing the issue - only last 2 days, so here I am.

Nothing to do with the sleeve, as I was revised to a RNY Bypass.

I am vomitting - not necessarily nauseated ... it just comes on very fast... it's not food related - its bile, intestinal I guess... some sort of reflux, is what I'm being told. How the food passes and the bile comes back up and no the food, I don't get it at all ... I'm so confused.

You're right - I'm not in the best of shape currently, fighting this - do I wanna do this in another month or so if it. doesn't go away on it's own - not really!!!!

I'm not saying I'm in denial - I know something has to get done - but 3x now in a month to be under anesthesia..

I want to feel well like I did about a week out - My son is supposed to get married in September, do I really want to feel this crappy and maybe have issues come August..

I'm just upset and venting, I guess ;) ty for listening to me ramble!

*and thanks, I know, people have their own opinions and they get keyboard fingers.. like you said, let them, I'll ignore HIM!~~ :) *

I'll keep ya up to date!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fix the obstruction AGAIN!!! I am assuming, speaking w/ the original surgeon this morning, that the CT Scan shows a partial obstruction - The surgeon last week - his collegue in his office, said he fixed the scar tissue, which he believed to be causing the issue - only last 2 days, so here I am.
Nothing to do with the sleeve, as I was revised to a RNY Bypass.
I am vomitting - not necessarily nauseated ... it just comes on very fast... it's not food related - its bile, intestinal I guess... some sort of reflux, is what I'm being told. How the food passes and the bile comes back up and no the food, I don't get it at all ... I'm so confused.
You're right - I'm not in the best of shape currently, fighting this - do I wanna do this in another month or so if it. doesn't go away on it's own - not really!!!!
I'm not saying I'm in denial - I know something has to get done - but 3x now in a month to be under anesthesia..
I want to feel well like I did about a week out - My son is supposed to get married in September, do I really want to feel this crappy and maybe have issues come August..
I'm just upset and venting, I guess [emoji6] ty for listening to me ramble!
*and thanks, I know, people have their own opinions and they get keyboard fingers.. like you said, let them, I'll ignore HIM!~~ [emoji4] *
I'll keep ya up to date!

Obstructions do make you vomit, personally I'd get it done just because I wouldn't want to risk a full obstruction.
Bless you must be awful, big virtual hugs x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so sorry. I don’t know what advice to offer beyond like Bastian said, and get it done to avoid a full obstruction. I’ve not been in your shoes. I’m still at least 6 months out from my surgery (consultation is on 6/29). I hope that whatever you decide helps you in the long run, and that you find some relief soon. Best wishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates? I'm thinking of you, @ge0rgette2 .. Hope you're doing okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/21/2020 at 10:17, Lanie992 said:



Any updates? I'm thinking of you, @ge0rgette2 .. Hope you're doing okay.


Hi. I’m home as of Friday afternoon. Had a really bad two days in the hospital. The lacerations are more and deeper and they took the beginning of my intestines where the revision was. He felt moving it mid intestines was the best option. It was the “y” area of the RNY that was giving me an issue and was flipping or twisting. So he moved it dead center on my small intestine. So far I’m okay. No bile vomit and nausea. Horrendously sore. My abdominal wall is a mess for sure.
I had some bottom end issues as I think i was stopped up and gassy. Surgeon said use an enema today. So far so good. Had to move stuff out. It was horrendous. Worse then giving birth and felt like I was giving birth from there hahahahah
Otherwise so far so good. Ty so very much for thinking of me. It’s so appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry you've had to go through this. It sounds like a nightmare, but hopefully this fixes the issue and you're on the way to recovery! Just take things easy and please keep us updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/21/2020 at 14:24, Lanie992 said:



Oh my gosh! I am so sorry you've had to go through this. It sounds like a nightmare, but hopefully this fixes the issue and you're on the way to recovery! Just take things easy and please keep us updated.


I’m trying. I had a shake for lunch and it tasted funny. vanilla fairlife with a half scoop of Isopure Cookies and cream and after ten minutes felt sick and now I have an acid taste in my throat. Now I’m nervous. Omg. No. Don’t even tell me

I’ll
Lose
It !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/22/2020 at 03:22, summerset said:



Acid taste or more metallic taste?


Acid. This was very very different that the other times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×