Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous about eating...moving to soft foods

I ate some chicken salad with lite mericle whip. I ate it out of one of those little cups you get from the local mexican resturant (about 1.5 cup)and after chewing to 30 i put the kitchen timer on for a minute...after the minute was over i would have another spoonfull... so far so good..... Whooo Hooooo!!!!!

I have also moved to soft/mushie stage (I'm 11 days post banding). I have found something wonderful to share with you:

:whoo:Wendy's Chili:whoo:

Yep - My doc told me that this is one of his patients favorites when moving to this stage. Well, we went out of town this weekend, and I was "forced" to get something on the road. I told my family we just HAD to go to Wendy's cuz I could have the Chili.

Ordered a small size. Ate 1/2 and was totally full (about 1/2 of a cup and it had 9 grams of Protein in that 1/2 cup - or 18 grams in the whole cup if you can eat the whole thing). It was a real treat after doing the liquids for a week.

Another to share with you: 2% String cheese

70 calories & 8 grams of Protein. I chew it really well and seem to tolerate it well. Totally portable also.

Besides that, I've had 1/2 of a baked potato w/low fat sour cream & cheese, cottage cheese & peaches (canned), Lean Cuisine brand Mac & Cheese (1/2 cup) & green Beans.

Hang in there gang. Before long we'll be chewing fish & chicken!

Well, I can add another meal to my pureed foods experience. I know a lot of people rave about the Magic Bullet but I got a $10 electric mini food chopper at the grocery store and it works great! Tonight my husband made Pasta with chunks of chicken breast and sun-dried Tomato sauce. I put my serving, heavy on the chicken, in the chopper and pureed it in seconds. It tasted great and went down very easily. I chewed a lot and used my minute timer again. I even got a more definitive "full" signal this time -- just a little bit of pressure at the top of my stomach, along with that soft hiccup I usually get. Now I feel like I ate a big meal, but I'm still not uncomfortably stuffed. I probably ate about a cup of food. (My doctor never imposed a quantity limit. He said to eat until I'm full.)

That little food chopper is going to open up some interesting possibilities! :confused:

I have also moved to soft/mushie stage (I'm 11 days post banding). I have found something wonderful to share with you:

Does it have Beans in it?

Has anyone heard about any drink to buy at a fast food restaurant?? I used to be a diet coke /diet dr pepper addict and now im totally lost. i dont really like crystal lite and am still searching for something quick to pick up to drink

when im picking up the kids something to eat...

Does it have Beans in it?

Hey Longhorn - Yep, it's got Kidney Beans in it. Can you eat them?

Has anyone heard about any drink to buy at a fast food restaurant??

Hey Crazee - do you like Iced Tea? How about Light Lemonaide? They have that at most of our local fast food restaurants. Let us know what works!:confused:

Hello all. I was banded on November 16. I am now on mushies too. I have tried slices of very thin roast beef and it went down well. I probably shoudnt have had that, right?

I need help with Portion Control. How do u work that out?

Are u eating 6 small meals a day? Please give me an idea of ur daily plan. I have not been so good. I even ate a few bites of pizza and feel soo guilty. But I am taking it day by day. I need some support. One good thing is that I am heading back to the gym this week. Thanks!

~Christine in NY

ok..this may sound stupid....how do you know when to stop?? do you have some sort of pain or what???? When i was eating my eggs yesterday i felt pain (not agonizing pain, but a noticable stabbing) under my left breast... is that the sign everyone keeps talking about????

I also wonder about this. I want to know what it feels like when I have to stop. I don't want to go too far.

Yep - My doc told me that this is one of his patients favorites when moving to this stage. Well, we went out of town this weekend, and I was "forced" to get something on the road. I told my family we just HAD to go to Wendy's cuz I could have the Chili.

Anybody else find any nutritious fast food things to eat? I was thinking the yogurt parfait from McDonalds would be good too. Sometimes you're hungry and you just gotta get it fast.

Hello all. I was banded on November 16. I am now on mushies too. I have tried slices of very thin roast beef and it went down well. I probably shoudnt have had that, right?

I need help with Portion Control. How do u work that out?

Are u eating 6 small meals a day? Please give me an idea of ur daily plan. I have not been so good. I even ate a few bites of pizza and feel soo guilty. But I am taking it day by day. I need some support. One good thing is that I am heading back to the gym this week. Thanks!

~Christine in NY

What I eat (which is not the same as everyone) is 2 tablespoons/meal of pureed something or other or soft food and two Protein shakes for Snacks in between meals. It works out to around 600-700 or so calories/day. Did your doctor give you something to follow?

The only thing i got from the doc is mashed potatoes, grits, oatmeal, cream of wheat.... im sick of that stuff already.. i have just pureed wendy's chili and am eating it very slowly now... not bad.... im waiting for the indigestion... lol

I am only a week from my surgery and still on protien drinks. (3 weeks) My doctor does not want me eating oatmeal, potatoes anything starchy and nothing with lots of Fiber. That includes breads. The starch can gum up the stoma and cause terrific problems. Here are a couple of meals per my team. The 4 to 5 week period should only be 1/4 cup food. Cream of wheat, puree or blenderized Soups, sugar free pudding or custards. Smooth yougurts. Applesuace or pureed fruit.< /p>

6 weeks out mushy textures.

Breakfast: 1/4 cup scrambled egg white

1 tsp grated cheese

1 tsp mild Tomato salsa

Lunch: 1/4 cup cottage cheese

1/4 cup green Beans or carrots

Dinner: 2 slices chicken or turkey chewed well

1/4 cup veggies cooked.

I have more if any one is interested I would be glad to share.

Protein is most important. and at this point only a 1/2 cup food.

Happy days