Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I went in for my first fill today and he couldn't find the opening to the port... he kept saying, "I can't find the damn thing!" Then he thought it may have flipped.. I started to mentally panic... flipped port = another surgery... but after moving the needle around for about 1 minute he found it.....

I never realized that there would be a weird feeling when you got the fill. He asked if I felt it, and it felt like gurgling going all the way up from my belly to my throat..... Weird! I have felt nauseus that rest of the day and am a little sore.

I also had my first fill and it was a piece of cake. My port is just below my bra strap so its really close to surface. They don't need to x-ray or anything for a fill. Just a little numbing and a moment later I was done.

I had my first fill yesterday. No gurgling, no pain, no soreness afterwards. Guess I was lucky. I'm only 4 weeks post-op so I was surprised I was getting one so soon. He put in 4 ccs. I'm back on liquids for a day then can try some soft foods.

Wish me luck. I'm petrified to get something stuck!! I have Christmas parties Saturday and Sunday and need to stay focused on what I'm eating! Should be a challenge...

I've only had 1 fill and it was SUCH a WEIRD feeling! Numbing shot was used. My port is easy to find - preneedle poking to find the center.

It's like you can feel the needle moving/scraping into the port. Makes you really realize how there's a foreign thing in you!

I had my first fill Monday. He used the lidocaine to numb it thank God. After that I felt nothing. He got right in. There was only 1ml in my APS band, and so he put in 4ml. After the lido wore off a few hours later, I was a little sore, notbad. I did have the gurgling after drinking, but gone now. Can still eat pretty good. Nothing getting stuck, but I an cautious. The fill itself was very easy, and painless...

Had my first fill today too. I asked for only a little bit because I don't want the whole "too tight" thing going on for me either.

I'm with you on the really feeling weird part. My doc could feel it cuz it so close to the surface but couldnt get the needle in right away. Had to lift and hold my legs up for abt two minutes to clinch my stomach so she could feel it.

FINALLY, she got it in there and only but a few ccs (.7). That's all I wanted for the first time cuz I want to understand the restriction and not just have a ton of it.

Anyway, no numbing agent (she offered but I declined). I was really nauseated and sore for the rest of the day. But they would not let me leave until I could get at least a half of cup of Water down without any problems. Glad about that.

I lost 8 lbs and I'm only 2 weeks post-op!! I was SSSSOOOOOO excited that I hugged my surgeon and nurse!!!:clap2:

Hmmm. I've had 5 fills and never felt ANYTHING or heard anything as it was done....nor did I feel different after. Of course I do have a 4cc band, and I know a lot of you folks have the bigger bands. Maybe that's it....

I've also never had a numbing agent used. I asked about it the first fill, and they said Not necessary because the stick of the numbing agent is exactly the same as the stick of the filling needle so you are not gaining anything by being numbed". They were absolutely right. Numbing ould have been an unnecessary waste. Each time I go in it becomes more and more routine and such a NON-ISSUE!!!!!

I have to wait 48 hours after a fill, to eat. I am on liquids such as Water, propel and gatorade first 48 hours after fill? What about any of you? I also have a 10cc band, anyone with a 10cc, how long or howmany fills did you have to get to really feel a restriction???? My doctor will not tell me how much he puts in. I have had 2 so far, some say with a 10cc band it can take up to 4-5 fills to really have restriction.:cry