Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First steps excitement

I just spoke to my bariatric center today and since my state is reopening elective surgeries May 1st they're sending me the initial packet and paperwork! I'm so bummed at myself for having an edible last week, I basically never use MJ but I was trying to relax with all this Covid stress. Now I have to wait 6 weeks to pass a drug test- what?? Meanwhile I still haven't gone through my insurance yet so I know that'll be another THING, but I'm EXCITED- and a little terrified. Maybe as soon as 6 weeks I can have my surgery?? It seems unreal. I'm just hoping and praying it's true, I really need a win right now.

Pre-op drug test for MJ? Have not heard of that..

Isn’t Oregon an MJ recreational legal state?

Are you certain? ...Just trying to save you some time💖.

This is interesting, so many people have so many differences in what each surgeon and/or what their insurance requires before they get surgery even what plan they follow after, to drink alcohol or to not, how often to have follow ups or not at all, how much weight one should be losing and at what rate. I feel that some of my complaints are not valid after seeing what so many other people have to say about certain things. Sorry, perhaps that was my rant for the day. It really is all very interesting though.

I did not have to have a drug test only a test to ensure that I am not an alcoholic. But have you spoken to your doctors about the edible and if 6 weeks is long enough or even needed. I ask this because I had a conversation about alcohol and I was told that it is better to not have any in my system at all so after 2 weeks of no alcohol I was able to take the test but it was for insurance purposes and not really at the doctors request so, yea. I hope you are able to get your surgery and that everything works out for you. Keep us posted!

10 hours ago, Lily66 said:

Pre-op drug test for MJ? Have not heard of that..

Isn’t Oregon an MJ recreational legal state?

Are you certain? ...Just trying to save you some time💖.

Yes Oregon is an all legal state. The receptionist stated specifically that there's a pre-op drug test and the website mentions cannabis cessation too. Meh. Reading about it, the edible is probably no longer detectable in my system now since I only did a little bit and it's not a habit at all for me. By the time all the paperwork and everything has gone through I should be fine.

Im at the beginning stage of my process as well. Have my 1st psycho social evaluation this week. I was told by the case worker from my insurance company. That edibles dont matter. Just smoking with tobacco products do. Because you have to be free of nicotine. Good luck! What state are you in?

I'm in Oregon. I don't smoke because I'm asthmatic, so no worries there. I just can't wait to get this process going. I guess the lockdown has me more focused on it.