Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery 6 weeks ago; I had a bit of a set back before and after the surgery; I had the flu before and then I got sick with the flu again 3 weeks after the surgery (I think it was flu...who knows, they would not test me). Anyway, I was full with 500 calories a day, and was just trying to hit my Protein and fluids. In the last week my energy has really rebounded! Which is great, and I am walking over 10,000 steps a day (4 plus miles). I find myself getting hungry much faster! I am eating around 650 to 700 calories, but I am often hungry. Not sure if this is really hunger because of moving so much more, or stress/time on my hands because of the virus and working from home, or if it head hunger. Thoughts?

A lot of the time, when I'm feeling hungry, I am actually just thirsty. Especially the more I exercised; yes, I eat around 600-800 calories a day, but I'm also getting closer to 96oz of Water day on the heavy exercising days.

It could be boredom or head hunger; you're still too early out from your surgery to be feeling true hunger. Try sipping some water and make sure you are filling up on Proteins. If you're eating anything carby or just veggies, you'll not feel full as long as you should.

Good job on getting to 10,000 steps. I know it's crappy to be hit with stuff right after surgery. ❤️

I'm 6 weeks today, and I too have been battling this hunger stuff.... I feel like I'm always wanting to eat, and then when I do eat, I feel like I take that 1 or 2 extra bites and it just hurts. It's like i'm trying to feel fuller longer. I also feel like I can eat a little more than 2 oz now too. I'm going to try to up my Water intake too and Protein to see if this helps. Great advice. Thank you!

Lisa I really hope you feel better soon! My only problem thus far has been my rash... it really sucks.

17 hours ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

Not sure if this is really hunger because of moving so much more, or stress/time on my hands because of the virus and working from home, or if it head hunger. Thoughts?

More exercise -> higher energy expenditure -> more appetite. It's actually pretty normal.