Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi so i slipped up and had a cigarette today....

Yuck dont plan to do that again!!! But now im super paranoid am i going to get a leak?! I'm 7 weeks post op!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Smoking can impair healing of wounds, doesn't matter what wound. That doesn't mean you're going to get a leak. 7 weeks post-op your stomach should be healed anyway.

Smoking can make you more prone to ulcers. That doesn't mean though that you're going to get one. There are many WLS patients who smoke (seen quite a few smoking outside of the hospital).

Edited by summerset

Ok, so former smoker...and you know what they say about us...well it's true. And I watched my mom die of lung cancer. She smoked 44 years...

But you all DOOOO see the irony here right? You get a life changing surgery that GIVES YOU BACK your life. But AJ in your case, not only are you choosing to drink heavily, you are choosing to smoke too...one just has to ask, WTF did you have this surgery? Why not remain MO? Fat, drunk, and smoking is sure a fun way to go through life, isn't it?

Jasus, Mary, and Joseph...SMH.

You won't get a leak. My surgeon actually prescribed Sucralfate PRN if I have a cigarette slip up though since it does impair healing and sometimes causes stomach irritation. Best of luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

@Celeste kimberly, just climb right back on the wagon! Quitting smoking is HARD! I quit so many times before it finally stuck, and I thank the universe every day that I don't have that burden anymore. You are balancing a lot of life changes right now; one slip is not the end of the world. But think about you this time next year, healthy, thin and smoke free! You got this!

Ok, so former smoker...and you know what they say about us...well it's true. And I watched my mom die of lung cancer. She smoked 44 years...
But you all DOOOO see the irony here right? You get a life changing surgery that GIVES YOU BACK your life. But AJ in your case, not only are you choosing to drink heavily, you are choosing to smoke too...one just has to ask, WTF did you have this surgery? Why not remain MO? Fat, drunk, and smoking is sure a fun way to go through life, isn't it?
Jasus, Mary, and Joseph...SMH.
Im confused who is smoking and drinking?

11 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

Do not panic i have smoked since the day i left the hospital

2 hours ago, Celeste kimberly said:

Im confused who is smoking and drinking?

See above. AJ who is a hearty jokster talks a lot about his love of lots of vodka! So I’m referring to that...