Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

I am so glad I found this group. I've been struggling a lot lately and have been having a very difficult time.

I had gastric sleeve at the end of August 2018, so it's been about 6 months. Since the pre-op surgery, I've lost about 70 pounds. Sounds great, right? Well, I was at this weight 4.5 months post op. I have been stagnant for the last 7 weeks, not losing an ounce.

I'd like to say I don't know why, but I do. I'm eating like garbage again. The first 3 months after surgery were great - I hardly felt hungry, and the thought of eating anything sugary physically repulsed me.

Now I feel hungry all the time. I never fill full unless I chug a bunch of Water and eat meat. I'm constantly craving things like ice cream and baked goods. I've had a problem with binge eating my whole life, and it's still here. Sometimes I eat so much still that I want to throw up.

I feel so hopeless because I know I'm the one screwing everything up. I live alone and started a new job in a new city in September, so adjusting to all of that and this healthier lifestyle is a hurdle I feel like I can't cross.

I'm just so angry and so sad, I letting down my family and friends who helped me through the initial stages. I've been to support groups, but they aren't often and are not really focused on the emotional challenges.

Anyways, that's a really long way of me saying that I'm so glad that this website was brought to my attention. I hope it will help me get back on track and get this stupid excess weight off of me.

Thanks all <3

Welcome to the Stall. Just stay on course and do a search here on how to break a stall. For me it was take more calories in for 3 days then less for 2 then short fasting.

Tons of information on here about this issue -

Welcome to the loser club and ask away anytime!

Don't beat yourself up. Remember that you are a human being and not a rock.

I'm sure six months out that you know the difference between head hunger and true hunger. When you feel hungry stop and think which it is...if you decide it's head hunger try to distract yourself from eating--take a short walk, grab a book (as long as it isn't a cookbook!) maybe treat yourself to a massage...and afterwords if you are still hungry maybe eat something.

Hey, congrats on the 70 pound loss. Hang in there--you got this!

seven weeks isn't a stall - you've thrown yourself into maintenance because of your higher calorie intake. Are you seeing a therapist? Binge eating is a tough addiction - you may need to enlist professional help to break it.

welcome to the board

head hunger is harder than real hunger i have been seeing a counselor for those issues and it really helps me continue on the correct path of food for fuel only not for pleasure and security stay focused on why you had the surgery to start with we all have some sort of addiction to food and being lazy (not exercising ) stay positive and reach out to people who want to help with your success cheers !!!!

Definitely stay the course. I am right behind you with a Sept 4 surgery date. I lose VERY slowly now... but every once in a while I will suddenly drop. Have you seen your nutritionist lately? Track your food and go see him/her. They can look at your log and help you determine if you need to make any changes. Sometime we need to get back on track and stick to the diet. Sometimes we need to increase our calories a little bit. But your nutritionist is the best person to help you figure out what you need. In the meantime, Water and Protein first... veggies/fruits next... stay away from carbs and fatty foods as much as you can (or as prescribed by your nutritionist)

stop beating yourself up relax..... breathe...…. you are doing okay... this is not a race and you are doing this for you so stop concentrating on whether or not you letting "others " down . The best way to honor their support is to relax , follow your nutrition rules drink Water like a crazy person eat Protein like you insane and sit back and watch the results... have fun... enjoy this new and bestest (made up word) chapter which is life according to the gospel of @summertime819