Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one has noticed ...



Recommended Posts

I’ve lost 50lbs since 12/18/19.... not one person has said anything! Nothing! Haha Saturday I did back to back spin and ran into a woman who I hadn’t seen since November and she didn’t say a word. BUT! She tells this other girl setting up next to us she looks like she is losing weight. She lost 5lbs! 5 freaking lbs (good for her - not hating on her) and I’ve lost 50 and nothing hahaha

Haha I’m about to make a shirt that says “ask me if I lost weight” or something lmfao desperate times and such

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think sometimes people are scared to ask too. I’ve lost 50 too and people that I see everyday don’t really notice but I seen a friend that I hadn’t seen in a couple of months before my surgery and she was like wow you lost a lot of weight. Weight is a fragile subject. Great job on the 50 pound down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will come. It takes fair bit before people start noticing. And amazingly, some people will NEVER comment, even after you reach goal weight and you are half the size you used to be! I have relatives like that. There are 3 women in the family who struggle with weight, and not a single one of them even tells me, "Hey, you look good." Funny, but the MEN all tell me I look great! Ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the person who said some people are afraid to. Some people might think you've lost weight because you're sick or something. Or some people might just think it's rude to comment on other people's weight. I lost over 200 lbs and have had people not say anything. Surely they noticed ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P.S. I ran into a former co-worker once and she didn't recognize me (she knew me when I was 200 lbs heavier). When I told her who I was, she said "oh - sorry - you look so different - your hairstyle is different or something". WTF???? I do think some people are just afraid to comment on other people's weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CapyCapybara said:

I’ve lost 50lbs since 12/18/19.... not one person has said anything! Nothing! Haha Saturday I did back to back spin and ran into a woman who I hadn’t seen since November and she didn’t say a word. BUT! She tells this other girl setting up next to us she looks like she is losing weight. She lost 5lbs! 5 freaking lbs (good for her - not hating on her) and I’ve lost 50 and nothing hahaha

Haha I’m about to make a shirt that says “ask me if I lost weight” or something lmfao desperate times and such

Some people get a bit jealous I think, but no worries! You know and WE know and you are doing great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Jay19 said:

I think sometimes people are scared to ask too. I’ve lost 50 too and people that I see everyday don’t really notice but I seen a friend that I hadn’t seen in a couple of months before my surgery and she was like wow you lost a lot of weight. Weight is a fragile subject. Great job on the 50 pound down!

This is true too. Some may think you are ill if you lose weight too fast. Personally, I have decided that I'm not going to give a care what they think. I'm going to live large! (Well, not literally, heh.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 02/26/2020 at 10:34, catwoman7 said:



P.S. I ran into a former co-worker once and she didn't recognize me (she knew me when I was 200 lbs heavier). When I told her who I was, she said "oh - sorry - you look so different - your hairstyle is different or something". WTF???? I do think some people are just afraid to comment on other people's weight.


Hahaha oh no 🤦🏼‍♀️ hairstyle? Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know how it feels, but I tend to give some people a pass.
I told my hairdresser about my surgery - I had lost about 30 lbs - she said she noticed, but didn't say anything in case it was due to illness.
She's a cancer survivor & had lost weight due to that. Ever since then, she doesn't comment on someone's weight.
She sometimes says, "You look great!" & lets the other person take the lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CapyCapybara I started out with similar stats as you, and it also took 40-50 lbs for anyone to say anything. Even losing 120 lbs now there have been many people who have said absolutely nothing. Agree with others, it can be an awkward subject that people don't want to bring up for a variety of reasons.

Once you have gotten to goal or close and are feeling confident, it can be sort of fascinating to watch people's reactions. There will be those who introduce themselves to you even though you have known them for years. There will be those who are like "OMG, YOU LOOK AMAZING! YOU MUST HAVE LOST 40 LBS!" (when you've actually lost 100 😂). There will be those that complement your hair or new glasses. I view it like a sociological experiment at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found that after I had lost about 60 lbs, all of a sudden all my work friends were saying "Whoa you look amazing! You've lost so much weight!" I think they had noticed, but it was around then that everyone decided to stay something. They've been consistently cheering me on since. So it's a weird thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I lost weight I got really offended by people who commented on it... like was I so bad looking before? Now I welcome the compliments, but I can understand people not wanting to offend either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand people not wanting to offend haha I was just expecting to hear comments during weight loss lmao people sure as hell let things fly out of their mouths when I was pregnant 4 times over 😂



Thanks everyone 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×