Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 23 days post op and on soft foods now per my doc. Ever since surgery, when I eat, my stomach never feels settled or “normal”. I wouldn’t say I’m nauseous, but it’s close to it. I can only eat very little. A few ounces at most so I’m not over eating. I’m waiting 30-1 hour before drinking fluids again. I thought eating soft foods might make my stomach feel “normal” again but it hasn’t. Is this just because my stomach is still healing you think? I force myself to eat because I know I need to, but my stomach feels the same before I eat and after I eat. It’s hard to explain. I can only say that it does not feel like a normal stomach feels if that makes sense🤣 Most people say they feel “normal” after 2-3 weeks. I always feel sickly, but not to the point of throw up. Any advice or similar experiences are greatly appreciated. I see my doc for follow up on Wednesday. Also, I am a revision patient. Lap Band to Sleeve.

I’m not sure if it’s the same thing but I know I feel sick if I don’t take my protonix when I’m supposed to. Do they have you on any kind of acid reducer? If not, maybe ask about one to see if that helps.

Yes, I take Prilosec daily.

I was also on an acid reducer for about 3 mos after surgery. My stomach feels odd when I eat stuff like Soups where there is food and liquids kind of together. I would say if you almost feel nauseous don’t push it. I was taking nausea meds for a little after surgery but not regularly. There’s probably still a lot of swelling and as long as you are able to take Water and Protein Shakes then maybe back off on the soft foods or maybe purée what you eat on the blender for a little longer.

wrong post sorry lol

Edited by glannin

I’m 23 days post op today and when I eat or drink my stomach makes horrible gurgling noises. I think it must be normal .. I call my stomach the predator because it sounds like the predator lol. I hope it doesn’t last forever for both of us!

@calicotrixie Mine does the same! Although my stomach always feels a little unsettling. It’s nauseous on and off almost everyday. My dr. Said I’m still healing but doesn’t really have an answer. Everyone’s body responds differently in this journey. I’m just hoping this is an adjustment period since it’s still new, and it doesn’t last forever. I’m questioning my choice at this point😪 I also can barely eat much and dr said maybe nausea may be due to the lack of food. I’m barely getting 3 meals a day. I just can’t seem to stomach food!

I often have a something like heartburn. No, not reflux, just mild heartburn. I've found a teaspoon of yogurt and it goes away. My nutritionist says that's not unusual.

[mention=375147]calicotrixie[/mention] Mine does the same! Although my stomach always feels a little unsettling. It’s nauseous on and off almost everyday. My dr. Said I’m still healing but doesn’t really have an answer. Everyone’s body responds differently in this journey. I’m just hoping this is an adjustment period since it’s still new, and it doesn’t last forever. I’m questioning my choice at this point[emoji25] I also can barely eat much and dr said maybe nausea may be due to the lack of food. I’m barely getting 3 meals a day. I just can’t seem to stomach food!
I also always feel yucky as soon as I swallow that first bite. (I'm three months out.) After reading some of the posts here, I'm going to try smaller bites and more chewing. We'll see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-T820 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 02/27/2020 at 18:51, boymom2 said:

@calicotrixie Mine does the same! Although my stomach always feels a little unsettling. It’s nauseous on and off almost everyday. My dr. Said I’m still healing but doesn’t really have an answer. Everyone’s body responds differently in this journey. I’m just hoping this is an adjustment period since it’s still new, and it doesn’t last forever. I’m questioning my choice at this point😪 I also can barely eat much and dr said maybe nausea may be due to the lack of food. I’m barely getting 3 meals a day. I just can’t seem to stomach food!

I’m only 4 days post-op, but I feel the same way. My stomach feels topsy-turvy frequently throughout the day. It regularly flips and churns itself & it’s so uncomfortable. I can barely get in enough Protein, b/c my tummy hates everything it seems. It’s starting to become very frustrating. Even the ready-made Protein Shakes are difficult. Combined with the residual chest pain from having the hiatal hernia repaired at the same time, I’m annoyed.

On 2/27/2020 at 5:58 PM, calicotrixie said:

I’m 23 days post op today and when I eat or drink my stomach makes horrible gurgling noises. I think it must be normal .. I call my stomach the predator because it sounds like the predator lol. I hope it doesn’t last forever for both of us!

My coworker had the sleeve 3 years ago and she says her stomach makes all sorts of sounds. Mine started shortly after my sleeve on March 3. One of the last ones to get the surgery before everything stopped.

What exactly are you eating