Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have a “list” of items us pre-op people might be able to use as guide? Because I’m starting to prep my home and trying out Protein Drinks now to see which ones I can tolerate. Was thinking of stalking up on baby food. Any ideas would greatly appreciate.

Does anyone have a “list” of items us pre-op people might be able to use as guide? Because I’m starting to prep my home and trying out Protein Drinks now to see which ones I can tolerate. Was thinking of stalking up on baby food. Any ideas would greatly appreciate.
Yesss that would be so helpful. I'm scheduled for 2/25/20 RNY and I'm also trying to prepare for it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Before surgery, I tried the Protein packets that are sold here @ the BariatricPal Store & liked them & ordered a bunch. However, right after surgery, I found them to be too sweet. I was able to tolerate them about 3 months after surgery.

The main thing I was glad I had a lot of was Water. Also sugar-free popsicles. Since my surgery was in the summer, they were often on sale. I started stocking up. By the time my surgery date rolled around, I had about 20 boxes in the freezer. LOL!

sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello and sugar free pudding. Don't buy to much as your tastes will change after surgery. Check with you doctor or dietitian about Vitamins as well to make sure you get ones that they approve.

Premade Protein drinks (GNC Lean Shake). sugar-free pudding, sugar-free popsicles, chicken noodle Soup (drain the noodles out), applesauce, sugar-free Jello, Gatorade (zero sugar), sugar-free crystal light Water additive

I have not gone in yet (surgery this Monday) but my neighbor gave me a suggestion for my hospital stay...ear plugs and an eye mask. I had an eye mask from flying, and my husband picked up some ear plugs for me at CVS. Also, on the February Surgery thread someone said they had wished they bought a wedge pillow for when they got home after surgery.

I wouldn't buy a lot of anything since your tastes may change. Maybe just get enough to eat/drink the first week. I was driving by the second week, so I could have gone to the store by myself at that point.

Master the art of Making broth and Bases = Nothing beats homemade base or broth after surgery = Hit Amazon LInk below that is the best one on the market - Seems a little pricy but you can make a ton out of that =

I prefer the ham and Lobster base personally = Drank that for weeks after surgery = FIlls you up and does not bother your stomach - The bacon base may be to hard in the begining so stay away from that one =

I would make two liters at a time and just warm it up

https://www.amazon.com/Minors-Chicken-Stock-Poultry-Flavor/dp/B01M1Y4899/ref=sr_1_33?fpw=pantry&keywords=Broth+or+base&qid=1581081636&s=pantry&sr=8-33

I bought Gatorade Zero, Crystal light, sugar free popsicles, a couple of Protein Shakes, some baby spoons and little bowls and plates. a water bottle without a straw (all of mine had them) and some melty Vitamins.

14 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

I wouldn't buy a lot of anything since your tastes may change. Maybe just get enough to eat/drink the first week. I was driving by the second week, so I could have gone to the store by myself at that point.

Yes, I agree.

Don't forget a couple of Water bottles. I bought two 32 oz bottles from Amazon that has ounce markings and time on it to help you sip all day. I have always bought OZARKA spring water but decided to try a water filter as tap water here is nasty, heavy chlorine. New pitcher system Aquagear from Amazon has a great filter that can last 6 months. It filters out chemicals but leaves in minerals. Am getting used to the change.

Also get some good shea butter body lotion. Dry skin will certainly develop. Find one you really like.

Another thing I bought was a water filter for shower. Aquabliss from Amazon has a 12 stage filter and rated best in articles I found on web. Chlorine really dries out your skin. And a hot shower can cause chlorine to vaporize into chlorine gas which can irritate respiratory system. I have had my showerhead water filter for two weeks now and notice a big difference, especially no more dry itchy scalp.

Sent from my SM-T580 using BariatricPal mobile app