Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2019 Sleevers, how are you doing? What’s your stats?

I am 11 days out from surgery

I was cleared to start purée diet on Jan 13th 🥳
I did a weight check in today and I am down 8.4 pounds from surgery day weight!

This liquid diet has been quiet a struggle for me.

it will get better, as soon as you go on soft/solid. you will feel full.

I lost eight lbs since 12/4/19.

The liquid diet was no problem for me.

Sometimes I think about going back on it because my weight has stalled

I was sleeved 12/12/19, I weighed myself today, I have lost 27lbs total since surgery day. Whoot whoot !!! That is damn near a pound a day. I have been mainly focusing on fluids/protein shakes. I can only eat about an a ounce of food at a time. Try to do this three times a day. I have decided to go to a plant based diet to maintain my weight loss. This surgery has drastically opened my eyes to a new way of thinking.

On 01/10/2020 at 12:58, mcfluffington said:

I lost eight lbs since 12/4/19.

The liquid diet was no problem for me.

Sometimes I think about going back on it because my weight has stalled

Are you eating enough? I heard people talk about a stall 2-5 weeks out, I’m sure it will pass soon! Just keep it up!!

On 01/10/2020 at 13:13, Tinesia said:

I was sleeved 12/12/19, I weighed myself today, I have lost 27lbs total since surgery day. Whoot whoot !!! That is damn near a pound a day. I have been mainly focusing on fluids/protein shakes. I can only eat about an a ounce of food at a time. Try to do this three times a day. I have decided to go to a plant based diet to maintain my weight loss. This surgery has drastically opened my eyes to a new way of thinking.

Congrats, that is so awesome!!! 🥳🥳🥳

Sleeved on 12/31, weighed myself on Wednesday and have lost 10 lbs. I'm finding a successful routine with my liquids and managing to get to 60ish grams on the Protein. I feel like I've drank more liquid in the last week than in the last year! I'm on liquids for a total of three weeks before moving to the glorious puree stage!

On 01/10/2020 at 15:59, Supervixen116 said:

Sleeved on 12/31, weighed myself on Wednesday and have lost 10 lbs. I'm finding a successful routine with my liquids and managing to get to 60ish grams on the Protein. I feel like I've drank more liquid in the last week than in the last year! I'm on liquids for a total of three weeks before moving to the glorious puree stage!

That is so awesome! My surgery was 12/30. I’m having a hard time meeting my goals 😖😖

I was sleeved on 12/11/19 weighed myself yesterday...down 25lbs. I was stalled out at 17lbs down for 2 weeks(frustrating indeed) but I realized that I wasn't drinking enough Water (thanks for the reminder Constipation!). This past week I really focused on getting 60-70 oz of water in addition to my 60 grams of Protein. I was released to full activity on this past Thursday, so I will see what exercising will add to the scale moving more.

As far as loose skin, I feel pretty lucky, mine is super minimal. I’m pretty sure with a little exercise I won’t have any.

I'm 4 weeks out today and have been at 23lbs down for the last week or so, really fluctuating with a pound less. I hate how this messes with my head lol like you feel like it's not enough but realistically it's more than I would've done on my own lol I keep trying to tell myself this.

I do need to work on getting more Water in, I've gotten a lot better at getting my Protein in but I don't think I'm getting enough calories either.

I want to start working out. I bought some weights and have an elliptical..just gotta use it lol

edit to add: What are you guys eating at the stages you're in? How may calories? I'm on my 2nd week of purees; I've had scrambled eggs, tuna, refried Beans and homemade guacamole so far. I don't have an actual schedule to follow on how I eat though. I "feel" hungry often but get full so fast. I see my dietician for the 1st time post op on February 11th.

Edited by eporter