Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i am 3 weeks post op. Now i have been getting really nauseaous lately aftwe eating very little. My whole body starts to hurt i cant keep my eyes open and feel aick. I lay down and usually pass out. It passes after about 30 min. All i had was 1 cracker with cheese and half a Protein Bar. Is this dumping and is this normal? I am getting quite weak

Sent from my SM-G960F using BariatricPal mobile app

Following , what procedure did you get ?

I don’t dump I get nauseous like you real bad too.

That sounds like dumping. Crackers and slider carbs should not be a part of your diet at this point.

I have talked to people months out that dump when eating crackers, chips, etc

One more thing that I thought of is the Protein bar They aren’t all created equal. Check the sugar content. My dr rule of thumb is that it needs to always have more protein than carbs. Although at 3 weeks out I was still on a soft food diet.

On 11/21/2019 at 11:12, imstillgennie said:

i had a gastric bypass. What about you. Do you feel really tired too?

I had the sleeve but I’m 3 months post op. Yes I pass out.

For me the item changes all the time that causes me to get nauseous. I can be eating ground turkey and broccoli one day and the next day get sick.

It would come and go so much in the beginning like in my first month or two that my surgeon prescribed me anti nausea medicine. Since they prescribed I haven’t needed them but I carry them everywhere just in case

6 minutes ago, imstillgennie said:

i was allowed crackers week two.. i dont know but hope this phase passes soon

Hmmm not sure but you may want to try skipping them and see if it helps. I was just watching a YouTube on a person that tried a cracker at 4 weeks and dumped. She tried again at 8 weeks and had same thing happen.

From what I have seen it seems like we all have to figure out what may cause dumping for us. What causes it for one may not for another.

Learn Grasshopper the cracker will mess you up - Try eating just a little bit of Soup

If i eat any carbs i go down for 30 min also - Supposedly after 6 months this will change

carabs.png

@AJ Tylo

you are right about carbs after bypass especially.

never heard of crackers or Protein Bars week two. Get Protein, enough but not too much.

I just started trying soft protein bars. I dumped the first time. Second time didn’t. Be careful what bars. You need protein first, some Fiber and little to no sugar or carbs. I recommend oh yea one bars, no cow bars, BariatricPal bars, Quest bars maybe. But not this early.

you can get protein crisps but also not this early. I’ve fatigue and weakness from lifelong chronic illness but you need Vitamins and protein and nutrition and avoid things that causes the dizziness and weakness. Hard for me to judge since those are some symptoms of chronic illness but I back off foods that cause trouble after trying them slowly and twice. If they cause dumping or stall I back off.

dont rush to solid foods or even soft. Slow and steady and back track if you get sick. And if you have issues talk to your surgeon or his assistant or nurse.

That stuff is way too solid and carbs so early...

I'll be 4 weeks Monday and I'm still on shakes and just yoghurt... There's no hurry to go to solid foods.. Crackers are way too thick and dry.. cheese again too dry.. And as above some "protein bars" are full of sugar!

Your food should all be soft puree mush consistency this early... You don't want to risk harming your stomach that will still be healing...