Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I have lump crab spinach dip puréed?

Hi I was wondering during the purées stage if I could have Lump crab spinach dip puréed? Crab is high in Protein and I’m scared to eat meat right now and honestly don’t have a craving for it. I tried Chick-fil-A grilled nuggets puréed and let’s say they don’t purée well.

We know nothing about you. Maybe fill out your profile so we can see how far out you are, what kind of surgery you had, etc.

Simple and low fat low cal is best to maximize your weight loss during this brief honeymoon period. People typically lose their most weight in the first 2 months when they don't or can't eat much and what little they do eat is very low in calories, high in nutrients and Protein.

I skipped puree. I was able to go per my doc to mushies, but I ate puree level stuff (fork mashable). I had things like:

tuna and egg salad mixed with 2% cottage cheese and greek yogurt and dijon

canned chicken with low cal/low carb gravy and smashed cauliflower

Soups (broths and cream with extra protein)

chili (not so good--too much fat and too much spice)

yogurt + cottage cheese + apple sauce (unsweetened)

green smoothies

foil wrapped fish

canned veg or frozen veg cooked until death

i say most likely yes as you can see by my profile picture I mainly eat seafood, I eat crab, shrimp, lobster and salt Water fish since i could - Just for the hell of it I have pureed shrimp into a soupy shrimp chowder and had no problems. Stone crab is the same texture so my feeling is yes.

I have a chopper for veggies one of those bladed things you slam up and down to dice onions and other veggies - Works great on seafood also.

No garlic butter and as for spinach dip i would say the mayo may be to heavy, You can do a lettuce wrap works great and use butter lettuce good stuff and easy to digest

Use low fat mayo/cream cheese and you should be ok. Might put extra Protein via crab or powder just to be safe.

Yep. Sorry. Should have said the crab would be perfect...it was exactly the cream cheese and mayo that would have sent me to the morgue. LOL. Especially early days, I did not do well with heavy, fatty dishes. I still don't.

4 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Yogurt, cottage cheese and apple sauce sounds like an Awesome combo! I start puree tomorrow. I'm going to try this :)

We know nothing about you. Maybe fill out your profile so we can see how far out you are, what kind of surgery you had, etc.

Simple and low fat low cal is best to maximize your weight loss during this brief honeymoon period. People typically lose their most weight in the first 2 months when they don't or can't eat much and what little they do eat is very low in calories, high in nutrients and Protein.

I skipped puree. I was able to go per my doc to mushies, but I ate puree level stuff (fork mashable). I had things like:

tuna and egg salad mixed with 2% cottage cheese and greek yogurt and dijon

canned chicken with low cal/low carb gravy and smashed cauliflower

Soups (broths and cream with extra protein)

chili (not so good--too much fat and too much spice)

yogurt + cottage cheese + apple sauce (unsweetened)

green smoothies

foil wrapped fish

canned veg or frozen veg cooked until death