Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi this is my first time posting in a while ,wanted some opinion had my gastric sleeve on 7-24-17 sw was 289 lowest weight i got to 224 cw 230 i have pcos i did everything by the book . sometimes i fell of the wagon but got back on it .gained 6 pounds because i was on fertility meds but im here working on loosing them back ,will i qualify for a revision to my sleeve. I felt like a failure with my surgery while other people were eating more unhealthy then i was . I know everone is different but i feel like deserved better 

I'm confused.... you had the sleeve and want to revise to the sleeve?

sorry i meant to put 2017 its been 2 years since my surgery ,i want to revise it to any procedure to loose more weight

Hi! I would consider looking into the full DS/SIPS but not RNY unless you have GERD.

Discuss with an experienced surgeon 💙

3 hours ago, batistaselenia said:

sorry i meant to put 2017 its been 2 years since my surgery ,i want to revise it to any procedure to loose more weight

Is there a reason you're not losing? are you have trouble? are is it just to lose more?

I would start by looking at why it's not working. Is it your food choices? Overeating? Not exercising? The reason i'm saying this is because if its those things, a new WLS won't fix it for the long term. You have to start within.

I would suggest, if you haven't already, get the myfitnesspal app. it showed me how much i was really eating vs what i thought i was eating. I had the band for 7+ years and maintained 89lbs.... but when the band was removed due to a slip.... i gained 30lbs. Sure it took 2.5 years... but i couldn't lose it. I thought i was doing everything right.....Then when i started the process of revising to the sleeve, i started logging everything.... I found i was making bad choices, overeating and not exercising as much as i thought i was. That was in July, i got sleeved Aug 28th...... and things are back on track.... but i'm still logging in my food and exercise. Keeps me accountable.

Band 2009 SW: 232, LW: 130, weight at removal 143...

Sleeve 2019 SW: 173.5 , Today 144.4..... Goal is to get back to 143 (1 more lb to go) or 140 if poss.

On 11/06/2019 at 16:05, BayougirlMrsS said:

Is there a reason you're not losing? are you have trouble? are is it just to lose more?

I would start by looking at why it's not working. Is it your food choices? Overeating? Not exercising? The reason i'm saying this is because if its those things, a new WLS won't fix it for the long term. You have to start within.

I would suggest, if you haven't already, get the myfitnesspal app. it showed me how much i was really eating vs what i thought i was eating. I had the band for 7+ years and maintained 89lbs.... but when the band was removed due to a slip.... i gained 30lbs. Sure it took 2.5 years... but i couldn't lose it. I thought i was doing everything right.....Then when i started the process of revising to the sleeve, i started logging everything.... I found i was making bad choices, overeating and not exercising as much as i thought i was. That was in July, i got sleeved Aug 28th...... and things are back on track.... but i'm still logging in my food and exercise. Keeps me accountable.

Band 2009 SW: 232, LW: 130, weight at removal 143...

Sleeve 2019 SW: 173.5 , Today 144.4..... Goal is to get back to 143 (1 more lb to go) or 140 if poss.

Your stats seem similar to mine. My band is out, gained, and now revising to sleeve in 2 weeks. How’ve you been feeling since the sleeve?

I had the band to sleeve revision this week. Once my stomach healed I never felt full / satisfied from the band. The full-o-meter never worked like it was supposed to. I am hoping for better from the sleeve - I can’t keep gaining because I am taking years off my life.

On 11/16/2019 at 12:20 AM, kah1213 said:

Your stats seem similar to mine. My band is out, gained, and now revising to sleeve in 2 weeks. How’ve you been feeling since the sleeve?

I feel great!!!!! Few things i noticed differently. With the band i was never hungry. I find with the sleeve i get hungry but after 2-3 bits... done. Recovery was soooooo much easier. I was up and walking with in hours. One good day of rest at home and i was good to go. Zero pain, not even joking. I had no pain. My dr said even with the hernia repair he has never seen someone take no pain meds. That was on a Wednesday and i sware i felt i could go back to work (desk job) on Friday. But i didn't, i went back on the Monday. I had no issues with incisions. It was hands down the easiest SX i ever had.

I went yesterday for my 12 week check up and I'm down 30.5lbs. I'm at 143.0...... Whooooooop. This is what i weighed on the day my wonderful band was removed.

I found the band was a more gradual change in diet vs sleeve which is wake up and you can't eat.... Well, of course, your on the "special diets". I had a week before of clear liquid, clear liq the week of, then week of full liq, week of puree/soft.... then reg. diet. I'm finding the some of the food i couldn't eat with the band are now foods i can't eat with the sleeve. Rice is a no go. bread i can do one or two bites if it's toasted well, thin and whole grain (daves powerseed). Potatoes only if they are mashed or baked reallyyyyyy well. Protien is a bit harder to get down..... chicken, steak..... fish is working good.

This sx i told no one and i am soooooo happy i did. No one to monitor me, watch me, ask why im not losing fast enough... or too fast..... Or asking me why... Your already small... uhgggg. Now i just say im dieting and doing crossfit. which is true. None of my kids, family, friends or co works know. I'm out of state from my kids, family and friends so it's pretty easy. My co workers i just told i was having hernia sx..... which was true also.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:34 AM, batistaselenia said:

i did everything by the book . sometimes i fell of the wagon but got back on it

Those don't align. Also you're not supposed to get pregnant for at least 18 months after surgery and the REAL reason is that you're supposed to meet your weight loss goals before trying to get pregnant.

Sounds like you need to do some head work before you resort to another surgery.