Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else striving to loss 100 lbs by your Bandiversary?

Hi Candle,

I am definitely thinking about PS a lot lately. Right now I am at the stage of constantly wondering what will shrink back into place (more or less) and what will need to be "nip tucked."

I have already identified a spot or two that will definitely need the surgeon's knife, but I am hoping that the rest of it can be exercised back into some sort of passable shape........

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

7/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Hi Candle, We are still at about the same place in our weight loss and I definately hope to be consulting with a PS this spring. That is a big part of what keeps me motivated. I've decided that it is just going to be part of the process for me. I'm 50 and would probably be wanting some things lifted and tucked even if I hadn't lost all this weight. I'm looking at PS as a well earned reward when I achieve my goal.

Thanks guys

My BF is dead set against PS. It scares the crap out of him. He's one of those people that has always been skinny and just doesn't understand. He keeps saying - "You need some weight training. Sit ups. Push ups. You'll see, you won't need PS. You're very young." When I ask him where he thinks all this extra skin is going to go, he doesn’t have an answer – lol.

I show him before and after pics of people and make him watch the PS parts of Big Medicine with me. It still hasn't sunk in that I have been over weight since I was in the 2nd grade. I've done so much damage to my body; it depresses the hell out of me! At my highest, I got just over 300lbs. Right before surgery, he argued with me about the title "morbidly obese" saying that is for people that weight 500lbs. I showed him the BMI charts - a BMI of 50 is morbidly obese!!!

I love the naive little jerk though - lol! I secretly love the fact that he has a little tummy now and could stand to lose about 10lbs!!

I have 5 more payments on my car and then that $400 per month is going to the PS fund. If I still have the same insurance when the time comes, they won't cover a dime.

I am planning on hitting my 100 pounds lost by Memorial Day. That is when our local aquatic center opens for the summer! I am gonna live there this summer with my kids!!!!!

I hope to make it. I was losing really great until I had a "stuck" and was unfilled for over a month. I feel like I am starting over now. Just had a fill today. Now I have a renewed sense of determination to lose this weight!

Gotta love that band!!!!!!

I am planning on hitting my 100 pounds lost by Memorial Day. That is when our local aquatic center opens for the summer! I am gonna live there this summer with my kids!!!!!

I hope to make it. I was losing really great until I had a "stuck" and was unfilled for over a month. I feel like I am starting over now. Just had a fill today. Now I have a renewed sense of determination to lose this weight!

Gotta love that band!!!!!!

Wow it is like our bands were separated at birth:tongue:. I had the same issue and wasn't it tough during those times! I just got my fill back on Dec. 21st and now it is too tight. But good luck in you journey!

Everyone is doing great!! Congrats to Everyone!!

My original goal was to hit 100lbs lost by my bandaversity. I have already hit that goal. I am down 105. And a little more then a month to go. All anyone has to do is set your mind to it and push thru the hard times. Oh and trust me there will be times that you dont loose. I would get so frustrated. It is your body's way of adjusting to the weight being gone. I would still loose inches, but for a month or so at a time no lbs would come off.

Hi Kelly,

Thank you so much for posting this very encouraging message -- and congratulations on your incredible weight loss!!!

As a matter of fact, I am at a slight plateau right now and it is frustrating. For me it has only been 6 days -- I hope this doesn't go on for a whole month, but if it does, I will be reading and re-reading your message often!

How did you lose 105 pounds so quickly? What are you doing for exercise? Do you have any special diet tips to share?

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

17/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

I have a Bowflex Tread Climber, but honestly I am not consistent with it. I do try to stay active. Things like taking the stairs or parking far away from the store for the extra walk. My fiance and sister had a annual pass to Six Flags over Texas. We would go every weekend or so and walk around all day.

My diet is exactly what my doctor said...Protein first, veggies second. I started out with the south beach. I watch what I eat and how much I eat. With the band it is easy to do, how much that is. I dont deprive myself either. I eat sweets. But in moderation now.

That is also my goal. I was banded on 8/29 and have lost 65lbs. I keep hitting plateaus every 10-15lbs and think is that it? Am I going to lose anymore and stay at this weight.

I am hoping to lose 100 pounds by my one year mark. I have four pounds to go, so I am going to re-evaluate my goal, and maybe shoot for 150. I have hit a mini goal, my BMI is now under 50!

Banded 8/7/07

I am hoping to lose 100 pounds by my one year mark. I have four pounds to go, so I am going to re-evaluate my goal, and maybe shoot for 150. I have hit a mini goal, my BMI is now under 50!

Banded 8/7/07

Wow! That is fantastic.

I should be able to get to 100 pounds by August 9. I would really like to get to 175 (75 pounds lost) by my 6th month bandiversary (Feb 9). Despite what my ticker says (haven't had time to change it on my home computer) that would mean 3 pounds in 15 days. So very doable.

I am impressed with everyone. We rock!:redface:

I started at 347...Im down to 267. 80 pounds off 20 to go for my second goal of 250. My first was 300. Im sure I will be at 100 before August. My third goal is too weigh 200. Final goal...170-180. Time will tell. Im actually 100 pounds from my heaviest weight of 369.

Good Luck everyone!!!

Well, I'm on another plateau again (which is just SO frustrating :thumbup:), but even so, I am determined to keep my focus.......

I have a revised goal now, I would like to be at goal weight and have completed (or at least made good headway) on whatever plastic surgery I might need by Bandiversary.

There, I've said it -- now I have to do it!

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

24/28 Exercise Sessions

(16 Cardio, 2 Core strength and flexibility, 6 Weight training)

weight.png

Go Frangi go! That's just the attitude you need!

I tell ya, if I can't make it another 28 lbs by the end of August, we'll ALL know I've been sabotaging myself! That would be just plain silly!

As for plastics, I always heard recommendations of waiting at least 1 1/2 to 2 years before considering it, so your body has time to settle into its new weight and for any skin recoil possible to happen. I have a feeling I'll still be toning and losing a bit at that point anyway, so we'll see where I wind up. I get a feeling most of mine will be in the chest and my tummy flap, and I'm hoping that the thighs and arms will take care of themselves. The new Obesity Help magazine has an interesting article on a new surgery for the bosom that doesn't use any implants at all (just takes residual fat from the underarm and puts it in the desired area). It's supposed to look much more natural and it winds up being all your own tissue - nice!

Well, I'm on another plateau again (which is just SO frustrating :w00t:), but even so, I am determined to keep my focus.......

I have a revised goal now, I would like to be at goal weight and have completed (or at least made good headway) on whatever plastic surgery I might need by Bandiversary.

There, I've said it -- now I have to do it!

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

24/28 Exercise Sessions

(16 Cardio, 2 Core strength and flexibility, 6 Weight training)

weight.png

Frangi, I'm on the fast track with you. As a matter of fact, my first PS consult is coming up in a couple of weeks. Like you, I'd love to be done with everything by my bandiversary. I don't know if its possible, but I'm going to do everything I can to make it happen.