Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All prerequisites done - likely Dec 2019!

I had my psych appt today and she indicated no concerns. Met with the nurse and all medical tests are done and good.

Now back to the surgeon to sign off and then schedule. They told me it could take up to 2 weeks to hear back but an early December appt is likely. Anyone else looking at first or second week of December?

Lori

Congratulations Lori!

Hello Loridee11, yes me too! But I am scheduled for 2 extra nutrition appts guessing in case I had to reschedule. My surgery has been set for December 30th. Now I was approved for lapband removal and had done in July. Not sure if I have to get approved for 2nd surgery for RNY or if it goes with the removal surgery? But, I have a date set for December 30th. I have already given them my FMLA paperwork. Bought trial box of Protein Shakes and received a shaker bottle, will buy required Vitamins and Protein on next visit in Nov., soooo im just waiting and waiting and getting nervous! I do already have my suitcase packed for the event!

Congrats! I completed all pre-op appts as well, just waiting my full 90 days of the supervised diet required by my insurance. Tentative date of December 12th here! 😌

Getting closer ppls I know what it feels like after a year of waiting.

my RNY surgery is in 2 days

18 hours ago, Quinnmedicinewoman52 said:

Hello Loridee11, yes me too! But I am scheduled for 2 extra nutrition appts guessing in case I had to reschedule. My surgery has been set for December 30th. Now I was approved for lapband removal and had done in July. Not sure if I have to get approved for 2nd surgery for RNY or if it goes with the removal surgery? But, I have a date set for December 30th. I have already given them my FMLA paperwork. Bought trial box of Protein Shakes and received a shaker bottle, will buy required Vitamins and Protein on next visit in Nov., soooo im just waiting and waiting and getting nervous! I do already have my suitcase packed for the event!

Congrats!

I also had a lapband removed after 13 years (removal in August). The approval for the RNY was separate for me. Lapband removal was based on issues with the lapband, then I had to qualify for RNY on it's own. Every insurance is likely different.

I'll let you know my date as soon as I have it!

~Lori

16 hours ago, shrinkingkris said:

Congrats! I completed all pre-op appts as well, just waiting my full 90 days of the supervised diet required by my insurance. Tentative date of December 12th here! 😌

Congrats! I'll share my date when I have it. It will be great to have a Dec cohort :)

So Loridee, I pulled out all of my paperwork and yes the approval was only for the lapband removal. The approval letter stated 1 unit from July to Sept. So, I guess I had until Sept. for the lap removal. My next appt. is set for Nov. 4th, so i'm hoping I will get more clarification then my last visit this past Oct. 7th, I was given a list of the required Vitamins and a print out stating questions I may have before surgery! Again, I am getting nervous and know I have gained because I'm trying to eat all the Pasta I can due to I wont be able to after the surger! #Iamgoing2bgood2me

4 hours ago, loridee11 said:

Congrats!

I also had a lapband removed after 13 years (removal in August). The approval for the RNY was separate for me. Lapband removal was based on issues with the lapband, then I had to qualify for RNY on it's own. Every insurance is likely different.

I'll let you know my date as soon as I have it!

~Lori

Yes, I had gastric reflux and gained wt. back not quite all of it and currently sleep with cpap. My Mr. Purchased me an adjustable bed because I would wake up literally choking while wearing my cpap. Once lapband was removed Dr. said I had a hiatal hernia. Reading some of the post op surgeries, I'm glad I have the bed. I am going to start off with the Vitamins offered at the clinic and once I know what I am to have and that it is the right stuff I will utilize the discounts and products on Bariatric Pals. Will keep you posted as well!

Loridee11, just got a call from bariatric office wanting to move my date up to December 10th! Woohooo! She said pending insurance approval since I have met all of my pre-requirements! If not it will be moved to Dec. 31st instead of 30th

That is awesome news @Quinnmedicinewoman52! I hope your insurance turns the approval around fast so you can get the earlier date. Keep us posted. :)

I am scheduled for December 11th for the sleeve , just found out my GERD has led to Barrett’s. I haven’t had the chance to talk to my surgeon but now based on this diagnosis I would like the RNY. After reading the posts I really identified with some of them. I had the lap-band 9 years ago (no success) & just had it removed in July of this year. Looking forward to being part of the December group! 😊