Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Journey Continues, OR, Third Time's the Charm

Into December now and I'm closer to getting through my to do list for insurance to approve surgery. I took a break over Thanksgiving from tightly restricting and gained 7 pounds. Thankfully it was Water weight, probably from all the salt on the things I ate. Today I'm back down that 7 pounds and sticking to my plan. I want so much to get under the 320 mark! 2 pounds doesn't seem like much, but this 2 pounds have been super hard, even staying under 1,000 calories a day and pumping in water. I will have to try to move more often. I was going to renew my gym membership last week but we had a financial crisis and can't afford it until next week.

Anyway, I'm down to 1 caffeinated beverage per day and am trying to stick with 2 cups or less for each meal. I did great with it until lunchtime today, when I probably ate a quart, I was so hungry. No excuses, it was all my choice, my poor choice and now tomorrow the scales will probably have gone up again instead of down.

I have a story to tell and then a dream I had a few nights ago, that wakened a fear about being thin that I didn't know I had. But, I'm out of time for today so the tale will have to wait until Friday.

I seem to be having a problem with sticking strictly to my food plan on the weekends. I do fine at work, but when I'm home, I generally don't drink as much Water as I need to and my Protein levels go down while my carbs go up. While I'm not on a prescribed diet yet, I'm trying to habitualize as much as possible before surgery to make the after effects easier. I have weigh in on the 22nd so I need to be good and strictly on plan until then.

Just reminding myself of why I'm going through this journey; I want to be healthier and live past my 50s. I want to be able to care for my husband with greater ease and I want to be able to move around not worrying whether I'm going to make it in one stretch or if I'll have to stop mid-way to catch my breath.

Tomorrow I get my first visit with my surgeon! So excited! I'm down to the 300's now, which is just super duper! I'm loving life and loving my plan! Hopefully I'll get a surgery date tomorrow (fingers crossed).

In movement, I'm able to walk a mile each day, even if it takes me 20 minutes to do so. i'm really proud of that since I haven't exercised at all for the last 20 years. I'm also doing a little bit of toning with weight resistance, though that is going much slower than the walking.

I'm so happy for you, I could just spit! :D You are ROCKIN' this girl! Keep it going!! Good luck tomorrow!