Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The last few weeks pre surgery last forever

I figured I’d take a gander and post in the DS since it’s not as active as the others. I’ve been working since October of last year to get to this point. My surgery is 10/22. I was approved 9/29 and they offered 10/8 if I could take some time off work to do pre-surgery testing. Well.....my receptionist at work is not ready for me to take a 2 week leave with 3 days prep. They offered the 15th....hubs said, might as well wait till the 22nd so we are after payday and can more easily afford the loss of my pay (he’s contract so no pto). Fine.... Now that I’m just in the final waiting period TIME IS GOING SO SLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

I have to repeat the “stars are aligned for this date” mantra every time something annoys me at work, I realize I could be post op today, or I read my binder one more frickin time. 😒

That’s all! I just wanted to whine and complain, I guess. 😂😂. To make this a productive post let’s say, “what things do I need to make sure I question at my pre-op appointment Friday?”. 🙃

Also, I should mention I’m have the loop duodenal switch, not the traditional, with Dr. Long in Lone Tree, Colorado.

LOL I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL! SO FRUSTRATING RIGHT?!

I don't know what kind of questions you'd really have to ask at this point. For my preop appointment I asked if they were gonna put a catheter because I would've FREAKED OUT. Thankfully(for both parties), they said they didn't. 😁

I had just watched the movie Awake (DONT WATCH IT NOW) and made my doctor swear on his whole family's life that I wouldn't wake up during surgery😂 I also threatened to sue all of tucson if it happened😂 (this was obviously my first surgery ever as an adult and I was freaking out)

Anyway, everything went well and I'm so grateful! Good luck to you and hang in there!! ❤️

All good things come to those who wait! Trust all of us worth the wait or do you spell it weight?

@Emily JaneI went nuts that last week. Locked myself out of my apartment twice; excited, scared, anxious.

Edited by Postop

I'm the opposite. It feels like I have hit the ground running and it is coming so stinking fast. I suspect the week of surgery will go really slow, but then again I have a ton of appointments that week, so it may go just as fast.

@april042019 I'm afraid to ask about the catheter!! It completely freaks me out too. I'm a revision, so my surgery is going to be a bit longer than standard, so I'm just so sure they will say yes and I just don't think I want to know! 🤣

I haven't even met my surgeon because my original surgeon was booked out way into November and my insurance won't cover surgery starting November 1, so I had to switch to the other doctor in the practice. So naturally, most of my questions are about him or things about my pre-op testing. My x-ray showed I have a kidney stone just hanging around and no one told me, so I'd like to ask about that. My new doctor does robotic surgeries, so I want to know if mine is going to be robotic. And of course the important questions like, "Can I wear toenail polish?" I also want to know if I'll have an incision in my bellybutton, I can't stand the thought of that, it weirds me out so much.

Whenever anything pops in my mind, I just write it down to take with me. Just do that and you'll surely have a good list of things to ask!

The catheter only bothers me from a uti standpoint. I’d be under when they do it and they’d take it out shortly after. I have a baby bladder (had to pee 3 times in an hour before my endoscopy because of the IV fluids) so I wouldn’t be surprised by one. I just cringe at potentially getting a uti from it. 😬

I think my 7day liquid pre op fast will feel like an eternity. My boss is shocked I refuse to go to the work Halloween party on the 19th. Haha. Sir, I will be 5 days into a liquid diet. I don’t need the temptation of a party. 🙄🙄. I’ll just sit this one out thank you very much. 😂