Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HIIT or normal exercise

To anyone on here whose been successful with an exercise regime tp help lose fat and tighten up with minimal loose skin?

I'm 6ft and currently 280lbs started at 322 and I want to lose at least 90% of my fat but need help to get down to 185-195lbs.

I'm curious is it best to follow the HIIT keeping your heart rate up high like 130-140bpm to burn fat better??

Is it best to use cardio or should I add weights?

Thanks for any tips :)

Personally I’d go for weights then add in cardio once you’ve built more muscle mass.

I’ve been lifting for nearly a year (started about 6mths post op) and although haven’t lost huge amounts more weight my body shape has totally changed and I feel amazing. Relying on cardio early on would have lost more muscle mass.

I’m now at the point where I want to get rid of the last bits of fat so have bought myself one of these bad boys and some Lycra 😆

2C01A0C3-EE14-44B4-9BED-AC8184C11102.png

HIIT is great and blows away any steady state cardio. What type of HIIT is up to you as there are many.

Personal opinion is that you absolutely should incorporate weights into your training. Building muscle is key as we loose body fat.

Good luck!

The exercise physiologist at my clinic just recommended that I start incorporating HIIT into my work plans. It is not something you need to start out with, but something you can work towards.

On 9/29/2019 at 12:48 PM, Albus said:

Personally I’d go for weights then add in cardio once you’ve built more muscle mass.

I’ve been lifting for nearly a year (started about 6mths post op) and although haven’t lost huge amounts more weight my body shape has totally changed and I feel amazing. Relying on cardio early on would have lost more muscle mass.

I’m now at the point where I want to get rid of the last bits of fat so have bought myself one of these bad boys and some Lycra 😆

agreed!

Edited by bodyjohn

Both. Lift heavy. Failure between 8-12 reps. If you can hit 12, go up in weight. Finish up with 10-15 minutes cardio. Increased muscle mass revs up that metabolism. Make sure to get that Protein in to help with muscle mass growth.