Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hang in there! I am also 7 months out and able to eat a lot more now - but I have really upped my exercise and that has helped.

The other thing that you can try now that you can get in enough nutrition is Intermittant Fasting. It is a very powerful too. It helps control your caloric intake, but also lowers your insulin secretion which promotes fat burning. Several ways to do it.

1) Limit the hours you eat in a day to a specific number, Many do a 16:8, which means fasting 16 hour and doing all your eating (normal healthy foods and amounts) in an 8 hour window. Other so 18:6 or even 20:4. Basically you skip a morning Breakfast and eat say, from noon to 6 or 8 pm. That's it. You can tweak the times any way you like. After a couple of days, it becomes very easy. Changing the TIMING of the food can be just as effective as the TYPE of food you eat.

2) 5:2. This is where you eat normally for 5 days a week, and choose 2 days to eat only 500 calories. Some also do ADIF (alternate day intermittant fasting) which is where you eat normally every other day, alternating with maybe 500 cal on the other days. This really helped my break a stall and plunge down to my goal weight.

3) Longer fasts. Some do a 24 hour fast each week. Basically you eat dinner and then skip breakfast and lunch the next day. Not hard, actually. You can also advance to a 48 - 72 hour fast once a month or so. A little harder, but very do able and really helps you understand what true hunger feels like and that the sensation is quite transient and passes quickly. Really helps with impulsive eating.

These are all tools you can use and pull out at any time to take yourself to a new level or break a stall. They are very effective and studies are showing some pretty amazing health benefits, especially with longevity/prevention of fraility, mental acuity/prevention of senility, inflammation, cancer treatments, and immune system health. Fasting helps the body rid itself of senescent cells (the "zombie" cells) - cells that get old, but won't die and take over other cells, reset metabolism, and burn off fat by depleting the muscles and liver of glycogen which causes the body to then turn to fat stores.

Are you sticking with high Protein foods? I would really try to push back to eating every 3-4h vs 2, 2 is more like grazing and you will 100% stall and eventually gain (coming from experience) make sure you aren’t drinking for the 30 and increase your fluids. Go back to the basics, take time to eat, mindful eating, journal your food.

Are you sticking with high Protein foods? I would really try to push back to eating every 3-4h vs 2, 2 is more like grazing and you will 100% stall and eventually gain (coming from experience) make sure you aren’t drinking for the 30 and increase your fluids. Go back to the basics, take time to eat, mindful eating, journal your food.
I drink a 32 gram Protein Shake (160 Cal) at about 7:30am then 2 pieces of cheddar cheese slices at 10am (100 cal), then some almonds around noonish. Then another protein shake at about 3pmish. Then usually a piece of meat (chicken or beef) for dinner. I drink all my Water through out the day. I also take a milk of magnesia before bed so I can go the next day.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using BariatricPal mobile app

Hang in there! I am also 7 months out and able to eat a lot more now - but I have really upped my exercise and that has helped.
The other thing that you can try now that you can get in enough nutrition is Intermittant Fasting. It is a very powerful too. It helps control your caloric intake, but also lowers your insulin secretion which promotes fat burning. Several ways to do it.
1) Limit the hours you eat in a day to a specific number, Many do a 16:8, which means fasting 16 hour and doing all your eating (normal healthy foods and amounts) in an 8 hour window. Other so 18:6 or even 20:4. Basically you skip a morning breakfast and eat say, from noon to 6 or 8 pm. That's it. You can tweak the times any way you like. After a couple of days, it becomes very easy. Changing the TIMING of the food can be just as effective as the TYPE of food you eat.
2) 5:2. This is where you eat normally for 5 days a week, and choose 2 days to eat only 500 calories. Some also do ADIF (alternate day intermittant fasting) which is where you eat normally every other day, alternating with maybe 500 cal on the other days. This really helped my break a stall and plunge down to my goal weight.
3) Longer fasts. Some do a 24 hour fast each week. Basically you eat dinner and then skip breakfast and lunch the next day. Not hard, actually. You can also advance to a 48 - 72 hour fast once a month or so. A little harder, but very do able and really helps you understand what true hunger feels like and that the sensation is quite transient and passes quickly. Really helps with impulsive eating.
These are all tools you can use and pull out at any time to take yourself to a new level or break a stall. They are very effective and studies are showing some pretty amazing health benefits, especially with longevity/prevention of fraility, mental acuity/prevention of senility, inflammation, cancer treatments, and immune system health. Fasting helps the body rid itself of senescent cells (the "zombie" cells) - cells that get old, but won't die and take over other cells, reset metabolism, and burn off fat by depleting the muscles and liver of glycogen which causes the body to then turn to fat stores.
I followed your advice. I list 4 pounds this week !!!! Finally!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

2 hours ago, annrose28 said:

I followed your advice. I list 4 pounds this week !!!! Finally!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

What exactly did you do? Your experience may help others.

This is ME!!! 7 months out and I am STALLED :( I have stayed the same weight the whole month of September and I want to just cry. I am working out 4-5 days a week and have been good about my diet but I cant lose any weight!!! I guess I could try I.F. but not sure which plan to do. Im so damned hungry all the time. i dont know how I can go 12 hours without eating but I could try. This is SO DISCOURAGING :(

On 9/21/2019 at 1:37 PM, AZhiker said:

What exactly did you do? Your experience may help others.

yes please...what did you do?

This is ME!!! 7 months out and I am STALLED [emoji20] I have stayed the same weight the whole month of September and I want to just cry. I am working out 4-5 days a week and have been good about my diet but I cant lose any weight!!! I guess I could try I.F. but not sure which plan to do. Im so damned hungry all the time. i dont know how I can go 12 hours without eating but I could try. This is SO DISCOURAGING [emoji20]
Hi, I did IF. I wake up at 5am everyday. I only had coffee. I did not eat until about 2pmish and I only had a Protein Shake. (Muscle Milk, 32 gram Protein. 160 calories. Then just had a piece of meat for dinner. (Chicken or hamburger). It also tamed my hunger all week doing this. I was always hungry every 2 hours. Now the hunger has subsided. Hope this will help you!!! Let me know!

IF can be very powerful. It really does curb the appetite. Just be sure to get your Protein and Vitamins in every day. IF helped me get past a stall at 7 months and bumped me to goal. There are many variations to try. You can mix them up, too, which I think keeps the metabolism so confused it just keeps chugging away. The real key, however, is that IF decreases insulin levels, which promotes fat burning instead of fat storage. Even eating good food, but snacking all day lone keeps the insulin levels up for longer during the day. This makes it a lot harder to burn the fat.

20 hours ago, annrose28 said:

Hi, I did IF. I wake up at 5am everyday. I only had coffee. I did not eat until about 2pmish and I only had a Protein Shake. (Muscle Milk, 32 gram Protein. 160 calories. Then just had a piece of meat for dinner. (Chicken or hamburger). It also tamed my hunger all week doing this. I was always hungry every 2 hours. Now the hunger has subsided. Hope this will help you!!! Let me know!

I'll try anything at this point!

On 9/21/2019 at 2:09 PM, annrose28 said:

How did you do it?

9 hours ago, ttj3mom said:

How did you do it?

On 9/30/2019 at 2:25 PM, annrose28 said:

They said in this post.