Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 26th... a new start!

Hi all,

I am all set to be banded on the 26th (the Monday after Turkey Day)! I am so excited! I think I have everything I am going to need after surgery. I went through the list posted on this site and got pretty much everything on there (except the toilet tongs, hopefully I don't regret that!)

I will keep ya'll posted!

Melissa

where did yoiu find this list on what thread?

Some doctors require their patients to empty their bowels the day before surgery by drinking one of various preparations. Fortunately, my doctor didn't require it. I had to work until 7 the night before and I sure wouldn't have wanted to start the prep while at work!

Good Luck tomorrow everyone!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure you will all do just fine and be on your way to a smaller you in no time.

Be sure to keep us updated on your surgery and recovery.

Hugz!!

Congratulations and good luck to everyone being banded tomorrow! I hope that you all have speedy, pain-free recoveries...and don't need the tongs! :lol:

Hey all! The deed is done!! I arrived at the surgery center at 9:15. I signed my papers, had final blood labs completed, and was preped for surgery. By 10:30 I was ready to go. I was not nervous or scared at all...seriously. They asked if I wanted a sedative while I waited and I said no and just sat reading a magazine for a little by. At 11:00, they wheeled me back. They said they were going to give me something to help me relax and that was it, I was out. They woke me up about 5 after 1 and I was on my way home at 2pm. I was sitting up, dressed myself, driving Water and ready to go. I came back to the hotel (was banded 4 hours away from home) and my whole family took a nap until about 5 when I got up and walked around a little bit and took some more pain med. The only pain that I have whatsoever right now is where the port is and even then the only time it hurts is when I'm trying to stand up or sit down. Even then, it's totally manageable.

I had zero nausea, I have not had any gas pains (although my tummy is a bit distended).

My throat is scratchy and it sounds bad when I talk but it doesn't hurt.

Did I mention that I was able to sleep on my side? (the non port side) and actually slept and was quite comfortable with several pillows all around me.

I'm sitting right up typing on my laptop with no problems.

I could not be any happier right now about how I'm feeling.

I hope everyone else is doing just as well!!!

Yay! I am glad it went so well for you. I hope you feel as good as I did the rest of this week too. I really never felt like I even had surgery, and I hope it's that way for you too.

I am glad you liked Dr. Tersigini. It makes me feel better when people feel the way I do. I would feel horrible if I recommended him, and someone didn't like him. I don't see how that could happen, because he is so nice. He can be shy though, and some

people take that as cold.

I hope you feel great all week. The hard part will be staying on liquids when you start getting hungry. Watching the scale move

is a big incentive though!

Hey all. I wish i could same the same, but i cant. Hear is my story:

Arrived at 8am, surgery at 9 am, started to wake around 10:30 am. I told everyone before being put under, "i have very bad reactions to anesthia, vomiting, nause etc" Yes i took the emend pill the night before, yes they put extra anti-nausia meds while under...but......holy cow was i sick....so the nurse gave me different meds, and then finally demerol after dry-heavy and telling me to hold my belly.....I was so upset.

I made it back to my room around 11:30 still very out of it, they put me in a chair with blankets on, propped my head up. This is pretty much where i stayed until 5:30 pm. I was in and out of sleep. i walked a few times later in the day. Once i felt alert enough, i told them i wanted to go home. They finally agreed and let me go home with instructions for me and my DH.

So here i am 11:30 at night walking around, trying to keep occupied, and get the gas moving. I am in pain, but not like excruiating. :(

The staff at the hospital were extremely nice, the docs, nurses,etc. They even sent me home with a basket with gatorade, Water, crystal light, freezies, and Jello. It was suppose to have a new robe and slippers, but they were out, sooooooo.....my nurse said he would have it mailed to my house! Oh sweet is that, considering i am a jammy-robe kinda gal....lol

Anyhow,,,,enough of the rambling,,,,i will talk to y'all soon. Hope the rest of the 26-ers did well....stay in touch.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

I'm sorry you had such a hard time with the anesthesia! It sounds like it was miserable and I hope that you are feeling better today.

I was feeling so good after surgery but it didn't keep going perfectly. I woke up at 1am with a horrible terrible Migraine. I think it was from caffeine withdrawl. I always get debilitating Migraines if I go off the caffeine for more than 24 hours. Well the migraine brought on some nausea. I couldn't even more around in bed or I would feel like I was going to throw up. I took deep breaths and my husband brought me a washcloth for my face. I was on the Lortab elixir and wasn't feeling much pain on my tummy, etc but it was NOT working on this headache. Finally at about 6:30 am, I could not hold it back any longer and I threw up a little bit.

My husband called the doctor to see what I should do because I didn't know how I was going to make it to my esophogram appointment at 8:30 if I still felt this way. He told me that I could take some ibuprofen with lots of Water. I was not supposed to have anything at all from 4:45 am through to my appointment but he ok'd it.

As soon as the ibuprofen kicked in, the headache went away and I have not felt the nausea again thank goodness.

I had the esphogram this morning and everything looked good. My doctor came over to the hospital from his clinic to check on me and I was doing just fine by then. I could see on the monitor my little pouch and the barium going through it. It was weird to see.

All night long I was dreaming about FOOD!! I have never had dreams about food. I kept dreaming that I would forget about my band and eat all sorts of bad food. haha!!

Directly after the appointment I drank a Protein drink. I had not have any calories for over 40 hours!!!!

We then made the 4 hour drive home and I'm home relaxing with a nice warm cup of chicken broth.

Now I'm on liquids only for 4 weeks!!! eeek!! :omg:

I hope others check in too to keep us updated!

Hi all,

I do have to say that everything went really well yesterday. I arrived at the hospital at 7am and my surgery started right around 9am as scheduled. I am not sure how long I was in surgery but it was around 1pm when I finally left the recovery room.

Yesterday I was having horrible shoulder pains which I guess is common. I didn't sleep very well at all last night, especially since I had to sleep sitting up. Today the shoulder pain has subsided, but my tummy is hurting now. Today it hurts to sit up. I am having quite a bit of gas pain, but the gas-x strips help with that.

I am going to go lay down again because it is hurting to sit here at my desk, but I just wanted to check in with everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well!

All my best,

Melissa

here it is day 2. my pain has been more intense today, and have barely had anything other than some broth (about 4oz) and watery apple juice, and some Water. I have only peed, or should i say trickled, about 3 or 4 times today....i am worried i will becom dehydrated. i am truly trying to drink, but finding it difficult right now....i am also on the verge of gagging with the broth. :D

i am about to take some tylenol/codeine, and also my antibiotics, some gas x and a little walk around the house, then hopefully to bed for more than 2 hours at a time.....keep your fingers crossed.

hey hungry, i really hope you dont have another Migraine any time soon. i too am a sufferer. it sucks.:cry

you might want to get a prescription for fenegren (sp?) suppositories. I am going to call my pcp to get one asap.....for that just incase moment.....lord i dont want to go through the dry heaving thing again....so scared i will damage the band, let alone the stomach is so bloody sore!

take care, and let me know how you are doing wed,

Debbie

I'm glad everything went well for you, Melissa. :D

As long as I am sitting still I'm fine, but standing up or sitting down or laying down is PAINFUL. I'm sure it will get better with time.

I also had these little pains inside that felt like my stomach was growling in hunger. I had two Protein shakes today, two servings of broth and a decent amount of Water. I tried some Isopure and that wasn't too bad. I'm going out to get some Protein powder tomorrow. Well...maybe my husband is. :eek:

Thanks for the medication idea, Debbie. I have been lucky so far with no more headaches. I think I'll call the office tomorrow though and see if we are allowed to have caffeine. It seems like everyone gets different answers on this.

I hope everyone gets a good night's sleep tonight! I was resting in the recliner, since my bed is too high for me to comfortably get up into it.

I too was banded on Monday and am feeling really good. Had to stay overnight because of a slightly elevated temperature. Wish I had gone home because I didn't sleep. Too darn noisy. Pain has been very manageable with 2 Tylenol extra strength. Starting to feel hungry as I haven't had real food sincce Saturday night. Will have a Protein Shake for Breakfast. I am so happy with my decision and very grateful that I have had such an easy time of things (so far).

Best wishes to all you Monday/November bandsters. Please keep posting on your progress. It is so helpful to know we are in this together.

Barb