Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soups, help please!

Hi guys, i start my liquid diet today and I've got all my Protein Drinks, sugarfree popsicles etc but what kind of Soups do you all have on the pre-op diet. I don't like Tomato soups and not a great fan of creamy soups either. Are there any other soups you'd recommend or recipes? Thanks!!!

@Wickedwinner thanks, I'll try Walmart. 😊

People rave about the Protein Soups available here in the Bariatric Pal store! You should check them out. They have quite a variety!

I personally didn't get jazzy with soups on the pre-op phase cuz I was supposed to only have broth. So I got Bone Broth and Central Market HEB low sodium organic chicken and beef broth. I also love the HerbOx Chicken or Beef Bouillon packets that come in a box. They are no sodium but aren't boring and I think are only 10cals.

For post op, I would add unflavored Protein Powder to any broth or cream Soup while it was room temp. The protein powder mixes better and without clumps that way. Then I would thin it down with more broth or with Fairlife Milk fat free. And slowly slowly slowly warm in the microwave. If you exceed 140 degrees F, then the protein will coagulate. It's still edible, but you would need to throw it through your Ninja or blender to get rid of the clumps.

Good luck and congrats on your coming surgery!

And I like the veggie broth ftrom W-M as. wrll, use it , coconut and almond. soupbases also I have grown tired of commercial Soups. But if you're not, CampbellYES brand butternut squash, Progresso Light, I either Strain out the solids or blenderize them to a smooth consistency. And remember take anything in small anmounts, take them in , but wait between bites, lay your utensil (spoon of fork) down between bites. One of the hardest things for me to learn, its okay to throw things away when you stomach says " No More", although I was a small-town girl type I was raised " country" And we cook lot at a time and aren't naturally wasteful. But Precious Pouch can be a Wicked Strong- willed Emitters of my Life, since my surgeon and I invited her to become the Center of My World, I deal with it
Odd isn't it, I use to be Foods Slave, now I am in slavery to an egg- shaped piece of gastric flesh. But most days the positives outweigh the sorrows and miscues I have encountered. Wonderful weigh- tloss, my son , my dietician , and main doctors say I LOOK Good, certainly don't resemble the obese for Years Frustr8, don't know who I shall resemble at the Finish, for I am, at 10 months, still A WORK IN PROGRESS. Dug out snapshots of ME at a comparable weight and that was maybe 1966- 1967, before I married the Late Lamented, my husband of 44 years and the father of my kids, and NO I DO NOT LOOK LIKE HER EITHER! She was a Youthful Chickee- Baby, now I think I LOOK, like RoaD Kill. but Tomkitten,my PCP Dr Carroll, my orthopaedic Dr Doolittle and even my Dietician Roy at Ohio State, they as an Unit tell Me You are doing Fine, looking GOOD, within Okay ,preeminently reaching my Goals at acceptable times, except I am basically on Stage 2 and pureed because I had pouch stricture, jejunal ulcerations, the things that seldom happen to a FINE UPSTANDING SPECIMEN like myself. But day by day I inch to closer to a Final Victory, am an Optimist that ALL will heal, I will come to the terms legally I am a Success with an Elective Proceedure, even at moments that I DONT FEEL SO emotionally, I have taken all my meds, Vitamins, minerals, got Q.S. of liquids. So stop beating myself up and realize I am BLESSED. ¬ that much of a MESS. I am down 170 or so pounds from my High Weight, have dropped 130 pounds from Surgery Weight, a wonderous achievement for someone 72 at surgery, now I am 73, in an 18-19 after starting as a 28-30 plump woman size,havi,g to buy Mens Sweats because THAT was what fit over All of Me, not really into Cross-Dressing but one does what one does to keep my body covered. And I was ashamed but felt powerless to affect a change. So IN MANY MANY WAYS my RNY Bariatric surgery saved my life,improved it and I have now a chance at a FUTURE. What will my final chapter of my Journey read like? Even I don't know, but I came" In It to Win It" and came too far to attempt aborting what I HAVE GAINED, no matter how my body feels or acts its been QUITE A 10 1/2 Months, and I am still a Big Lady, but This formerly Fat Lady will sing a HAPPT SONG at the end. This is MY PROMISE and I ALWAYS KEEP MY WORD!😝👍

P.P. is an Emporess, although she emitts Emesis still at times- IT IS WHAT IT IS- and it suffices.

I used Soups and chilis quite a bit after my RNY gastric bypass surgery. I fortified them with Protein and that allowed me to quickly reduce my reliance on Protein Shakes. I put some of the recipes at the end of the following article.

How 
I
 Survived
 Bariatric 
Surgery

Hi guys, i start my liquid diet today and I've got all my Protein Drinks, sugarfree popsicles etc but what kind of Soups do you all have on the pre-op diet. I don't like Tomato Soups and not a great fan of creamy soups either. Are there any other soups you'd recommend or recipes? Thanks!!!
I used Mrs. Grass Soup and drained the nooodles out

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you all, all your suggestions really helped!

@James Marusek , i read your story, very informative and also well written!! Thank you for sharing, I'm definitely going to be referring to it in the future.